PDA

View Full Version : New study on "clutch hitting"

FarWestChicago
05-07-2005, 03:48 PM
FOBB Heresy (http://www.livescience.com/othernews/050505_clutch_hitters.html)! :o:

SoxFan48
05-07-2005, 04:17 PM
has also published a recent study suggesting that his former work on clutch hitting may not have been correct. A true propellerhead is always trying to learn and will therefore change directions when he understands there is better information and knowledge available.

RKMeibalane
05-07-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm waiting for jeremyb1 to show up to share his thoughts on that steaming pile of ****.

Flight #24
05-07-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm waiting for jeremyb1 to show up to share his thoughts on that steaming pile of ****.

What's kind of funny is that I visited his blog. It was somewhat active before the season started, but since things got going - no updates. Since all the preseason updates were primarily slams on KW's moves in one way or another, it kind of makes sense. But it's disappointing, I always thought that regardless of his POV, he tried to be fact-based & somewhat rational. But ignoring things when there's not an opportunity to slam the GM is just plain bias.

batmanZoSo
05-07-2005, 11:53 PM
What's the deal with this article? It just says that so-and-so conducted some research and Eddie Murray among others was proven to be clutch. How about some numbers for chrissake? I clicked the Eddie Murray link for further information but it's just a picture of him. I'm convinced. :rolleyes:

I do support the theory though.

Baby Fisk
05-08-2005, 06:58 PM
What's the deal with this article? It just says that so-and-so conducted some research and Eddie Murray among others was proven to be clutch. How about some numbers for chrissake? I clicked the Eddie Murray link for further information but it's just a picture of him. I'm convinced. :rolleyes:

I do support the theory though.

The elegant but compelling lavender background did it for me.

ode to veeck
05-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Eddie Murray was certainly a gamer. I remember seeing a game at Candlestick when he was in his late 30s where he whacked HRs from both sides of the plate, for about the 5th time in his career.

batmanZoSo
05-08-2005, 10:08 PM
My dad said Eddie Murray hit some homers in Old Comiskey that haven't landed yet...