PDA

View Full Version : Lose it for

Fenway
05-07-2005, 02:25 PM
The Red Sox boards have started a "lose it for" thread similar to the "win it for" thread that started last year before Game 7 of the ALCS and is now a book.

But this is a thread that White Sox fans who are older can certainly take part in as the White Sox certainly have their own sad history with the Bronx.

http://www.redsoxnation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15710

It starts
Lose it for....my father, who, if he were alive today, would be rooting for the North Koreans before he would be rooting for the Yankees.

Lose it for....SoSH's "Zupcic Fan" - an old Brooklyn Dodgers fan who has considered every NY Yankee loss over the past fifty years of following baseball to be a genuine personal triumph.

Lose it for....Jerome From Manhattan who should be closely trailed by the Secret Service now that the Yankees are off to such a poor start.

Lose it for....the awful Thurman Munson tribute that they show between innings at The Toilet that makes him out to be greater than God himself (except that God can fly).

Lose it for....that horrid animated elevated train competiton they show on the Jumbotron in centerfield. Both the B and D trains suck.

Lose it for....every cocky Yankee fan who has ever shouted "1918" at me at The Toilet over the years. As I said to one recently, "1918 is just another year that the Red Sox won the World Series."

Lose it for.....the YES Network who, in five years, will be advertising itself as the network of the Nets.......and the Yankees.

Finally, lose it for the Toyko Rose of baseball - Suzyn Waldman - who will have to go to Fenway twice more this year and see the new "Standings Scoreboard" out in left field - with the Boston Red Sox 2004 World Championship banner fluttering gracefully above the board below that has the Yankees in last place.

fquaye149
05-07-2005, 04:13 PM
The Red Sox boards have started a "lose it for" thread similar to the "win it for" thread that started last year before Game 7 of the ALCS and is now a book.

But this is a thread that White Sox fans who are older can certainly take part in as the White Sox certainly have their own sad history with the Bronx.

http://www.redsoxnation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15710

It starts
Lose it for....my father, who, if he were alive today, would be rooting for the North Koreans before he would be rooting for the Yankees.

Lose it for....SoSH's "Zupcic Fan" - an old Brooklyn Dodgers fan who has considered every NY Yankee loss over the past fifty years of following baseball to be a genuine personal triumph.

Lose it for....Jerome From Manhattan who should be closely trailed by the Secret Service now that the Yankees are off to such a poor start.

Lose it for....the awful Thurman Munson tribute that they show between innings at The Toilet that makes him out to be greater than God himself (except that God can fly).

Lose it for....that horrid animated elevated train competiton they show on the Jumbotron in centerfield. Both the B and D trains suck.

Lose it for....every cocky Yankee fan who has ever shouted "1918" at me at The Toilet over the years. As I said to one recently, "1918 is just another year that the Red Sox won the World Series."

Lose it for.....the YES Network who, in five years, will be advertising itself as the network of the Nets.......and the Yankees.

Finally, lose it for the Toyko Rose of baseball - Suzyn Waldman - who will have to go to Fenway twice more this year and see the new "Standings Scoreboard" out in left field - with the Boston Red Sox 2004 World Championship banner fluttering gracefully above the board below that has the Yankees in last place.

That Thurman Munson jab is awful.

soltrain21
05-07-2005, 04:54 PM

Are you kidding me?

TheBull19
05-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Are Red Sox fans really this stupid?

"Lose it for... my baby boy Cameron, who, until last year, faced the eternal stigma of being born on October 16, 2003" - Gee, I didn't realize eternity only lasted a year

"Lose it for all of us Red Sox nation members here in New York City. We own this town now" -Yeah, right

"Lose it for...the jack____ at Red River Gril in 2003 who quietly watched game 7 and didn't dare make a noise until Aaron Boone's homer. What balls." I'm sure Red Sox fans were really whooping it up after game 3 of the ALCS last year

"Lose it for....the song "America the Beautiful" which is far more superior to "God Bless America" - I always thought it was far less superior, myself

"Lose it for 'Mr. October' " - I'm sure Reggie'll be real bummed out. Perhaps he'll find solace in the fact he won more WS than the entire Red Sox franchise.

"Lose it for...all the guys in NYC wearing Yankees hats this weekend who, instead of making the usual wise-___ remarks, were too demoralized to even look me and my Sox hat in the eye. " -Maybe they were freaked out by the eye on your hat, smart guy

"my brother who cold cocked a guy who was taunting him at Stade Fasciste and then had to run from the cops." I've always thought getting chased by police for attacking someone in a crowded public place is the worst form of fascism, but then, I am a hardcore libertarian.

"Lose it for all the little children who should learn that taking steroids - even if you claim it's flaxseed oil won't ultimately help you at all." -Then the little children will know all those years of Barry Bonds leading the Yanks to championships were just a sham.

And isn't this 'What's the score?' material anyway? If sox vs cubs rants don't belong in talking baseball, I don't see how bosox vs yanks stuff does, either.

FarWestChicago
05-07-2005, 07:53 PM
And isn't this 'What's the score?' material anyway? If sox vs cubs rants don't belong in talking baseball, I don't see how bosox vs yanks stuff does, either.No.

Fenway
05-09-2005, 01:35 PM
That Thurman Munson jab is awful.

Believe me if you have ever been in the Stadium when they run that tribute you will understand where JL65 is coming from ( the poster BTW is a schoolteacher in Greenwich, Ct )

I have come to find Yankees fans are very similar to Cubs fans in many ways, but with one big difference.

A Yankees fan does not go to the Stadium hoping for a good game or a Yankees win, they go EXPECTING a win. They feel entitled because they live in New York.

Then as part as the great Yankees tradition in the middle of the 7th they play 3 songs

God Bless America ( Kate Smith or live singer ) EVERY game

Take Me Out To The Ballgame Real Audio (http://www.goodnewsbroadcast.com/take-me-out-to-the-ballgame.ram) MP3 (http://www.goodnewsbroadcast.com/take-me-out-to-the-ballgame.MP3)

and end it with
Cotteneye Joe?????

it hadn't been for cotton-eye joe
I'd been married long time ago
Where did you come from? Where did you go?
Where did you come from cotton-eye joe?

(repeat) X3

[ hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey
hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey ]

He came to town like a midwinter storm
He rode through the fields so handsome and strong
His eyes was his tools and his smile was his gun
But all he had come for was having some fun

(repeat intro) X2

He brought disaster wherever he went
The hearts of the girls was to hell broken sent
They all ran away so nobody would know