PDA

View Full Version : Could Konerko be out of his funk for good?

chisoxfanatic
05-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Konerko seems to be seeing the ball much better than during the past week or so. I've heard that he spent more time in the batting cages to work out the kinks, and it's apparent. He's torturing Toronto pitching now, and his second of the 2 home runs he's hit today was a BOMB!

I think he's out of his funk. With THAT bat back, this lineup looks all the much more scary.

fquaye149
05-07-2005, 02:41 PM
maybe

Reminds me of 83
05-07-2005, 02:44 PM
A return to power, plus speed, pitching and defense.

A scary combination.

Every game this team impresses me more

batmanZoSo
05-07-2005, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=chisoxfanatic]Konerko seems to be seeing the ball much better than during the past week or so. I've heard that he spent more time in the batting cages to work out the kinks, and it's apparent. He's torturing Toronto pitching now, and his second of the 2 home runs he's hit today was a BOMB!

Konerko's breaking out of it, Dye is..dare I say..hot? Rowand's a slow starter and it's starting to warm up. Look for him to get hot now. He's got a homer today as well.

SoxxoS
05-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Anyone notice the new timing mechanism? He leans back during the windup now to get his timing.

MarkZ35
05-07-2005, 04:50 PM
I would consider todays game a success for Konerko on his way to breaking out of the slump but he really needs to cut down on the strikeouts.

SOXSINCE'70
05-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Konerko seems to be seeing the ball much better than during the past week or so. I've heard that he spent more time in the batting cages to work out the kinks, and it's apparent. He's torturing Toronto pitching now, and his second of the 2 home runs he's hit today was a BOMB!

I think he's out of his funk. With THAT bat back, this lineup looks all the much more scary.

To quote an old jazz standard (i'm a drummer.Sorry for all
the musical references),"This Could Be The Start Of
Something Big".:cool: :cool:

swanson24
05-07-2005, 04:55 PM
That a way Paulie. He is the best firstbasemen in Chicago. Let's face it Frank is a DH! I don't care what the sCrUBS fans say! Paulie is better than Derek Lee!

SOX ADDICT '73
05-07-2005, 05:05 PM
That a way Paulie. He is the best firstbasemen in Chicago. Let's face it Frank is a DH! I don't care what the sCrUBS fans say! Paulie is better than Derek Lee!
Over the whole season, I'd stay with Paulie. But right now there's no one in baseball swinging a hotter bat than Derek Lee. Hate the Cubs if you must, but give props where they're due.

MUsoxfan
05-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Paulie has always been good about this. After a huge funk, it only takes one big hit to make him lights-out again. Soon people forget he was ever in a funk

BRDSR
05-07-2005, 06:41 PM
I would consider todays game a success for Konerko on his way to breaking out of the slump but he really needs to cut down on the strikeouts.

This is the reason I'm still concerned about Paulie's slump. Seemed to be a real feast or famine today. He either saw a fat pitch and hit it a long way or saw a good pitch and looked foolish. Now, if a hitter like Paulie can crush every mistake that comes his way he'll hit .400 with 80 home runs but nobody can do that. It's the good pitches that a good hitter has to come up with singles on, or at least a ground ball to the right side with a runner on second. The evidence I see for Paulie being out of his slump is that he's been hitting the ball hard on a line or on the ground for the past 6 days, not the past 2. He just didn't have a hit to show for it over the first 4. Hopefully he'll keep it up.

Ol' No. 2
05-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Konerko has a long history of 2-3 week long slumps. He just had one. If he's on your fantasy team, play him every day for a while, because he's got a lot of making up to do.