PDA

View Full Version : No Sosa

misty60481
05-07-2005, 09:40 AM
He is having x-rays of his foot--didnt play last night.. Could we get lucky enough to have him on DL,,, it would sure be better to play O's without him...we lucked out with Detroit--- no Maggs,, looks like Jose wont be here for Dodgers,, maybe we can hit tri--fecta---

HomeFish
05-07-2005, 09:41 AM
A lot of people who bought seats in RF for that series are going to be awfully disappointed.

chaerulez
05-07-2005, 09:44 AM
I think I want Sosa in the lineup so he can strike out with the game on the line in the late innings with runners in scoring position as he did all the time on the North Side.

Rocklive99
05-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Eh, I wouldn't mind hearing the reaction he would get. I think Mora got hurt the other day, not sure how hurt he is

owensmouth
05-07-2005, 10:10 AM
I hope he plays. It's gonna be one of the noisiest series of the year because of him. The other players on his team aren't gonna believe the reaction he causes whenever he bats.

cbrownson13
05-07-2005, 10:15 AM
There is no doubt he will be back by Thursday. Mazilli said he hopes to have him and Mora in the lineup for today. All that he had done was as absess drain from his foot. Not a big deal.

SOXSINCE'70
05-07-2005, 10:39 AM
I hope he plays. It's gonna be one of the noisiest series of the year because of him. The other players on his team aren't gonna believe the reaction he causes whenever he bats.

Here's mine:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

:nandrolone

gosox41
05-07-2005, 06:16 PM
He is having x-rays of his foot--didnt play last night.. Could we get lucky enough to have him on DL,,, it would sure be better to play O's without him...we lucked out with Detroit--- no Maggs,, looks like Jose wont be here for Dodgers,, maybe we can hit tri--fecta---

I always look forward to giving it to Sosa. Hopefuly he plays.

Bob

GiveMeSox
05-07-2005, 06:23 PM

I know lots of cubs fans that wanted to come with me to the games to boo sammy after what he did last year. They have had enough of him too, it would be a big disspointment to not vent steriod, cheating, and selfishness anger at sammy.

Sox of White
05-07-2005, 06:29 PM
I think I want Sosa in the lineup so he can strike out with the game on the line in the late innings with runners in scoring position as he did all the time on the North Side.

Ha ha, EXACTLY! How great would it be for a 4 strike out game for Sosa at the cell?

StepsInSC
05-07-2005, 06:41 PM
A lot of people who bought seats in RF for that series are going to be awfully disappointed.

Yea...I guess they'll have to save their batteries to throw at someone else...

RKMeibalane
05-07-2005, 06:52 PM

I'm sorry that you won't be able to see your hero. :cool:

MRKARNO
05-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Oh darn! One of the O's hottest hitters might be out for when we have to face them. I'm really dissapointed.

Flames24Rulz
05-07-2005, 07:41 PM
man the reaction that the Shamster would've received woulda been deafening :D: i dont mind not seeing him in the series, but i was looking forward to the reaction that the Cell crowd would have gave him.

monkeypants
05-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Does anyone have any concern that some Cub fans in the crowd during the upcoming O's series might give our club a bad name? We don't need any more idiots running out or throwing things onto the field. But I have a bad feeling that some "fans" who are only coming to the Cell to boo Sosa are somehow going to do something stupid and once again it's going to reflect poorly on us. I'd love to be wrong.

Rocklive99
05-07-2005, 10:40 PM

I can't wait!

bigfoot
05-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Of course many Cobz fans who bought Sox tix to "boo" Scammy will be disappointed if they can't hurl insults(no more than that, I hope) at their former pet. Sosa is the main cause of the Blue Ursine recent dive into the depths of mediocrity. Has Sosa become the latest Bartman is Cobz lore? Maybe they just need to keep their voices in practice, while the real "losers" are on the road?

Corlose 15
05-08-2005, 07:08 PM

My favorite sox game that I have ever attended involved Sosucks striking out 5 times in 2000. He did something in the 9th inning that I don't really remember. But man did that 14th inning rock!!!:D:

Flames24Rulz
05-08-2005, 07:13 PM
My favorite sox game that I have ever attended involved Sosucks striking out 5 times in 2000. He did something in the 9th inning that I don't really remember. But man did that 14th inning rock!!!:D:

i remember that game too :D:

Lip Man 1
05-08-2005, 07:22 PM
I think I saw where he missed today's game as well. It said something along the lines of an infection in his foot. Perhaps it's a bad toe nail or something. Those can be extremely painful.

Lip

Ol' No. 2
05-08-2005, 08:51 PM
I think I saw where he missed today's game as well. It said something along the lines of an infection in his foot. Perhaps it's a bad toe nail or something. Those can be extremely painful.

LipWas there any sneezing involved?:cool:

MarkZ35
05-08-2005, 09:14 PM
I'm gonna be ticked because I got tickets in section 105 so I was going to do my part in booing him.

Foulke You
05-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Well, if it is just a toe injury, I think there is still a good chance we'll see him in that series. It is almost a week away after all.

SOXFAN82
05-09-2005, 09:43 AM
I have a felling sammy will not play outfield this weekend and might play DH. Or I have a felling sammy might get a fake injury and not show up in chicago.

IlliniSox
05-09-2005, 09:44 AM
I'm also interested (if he actually shows up in right) to hear the boo/cheer mix. I've dusted off the old 'cork' t for the occasion thursday.

SOXFAN82
05-09-2005, 10:01 AM
No big suprise here.. I was not expecting him to show up anyways...he was going to pull a fake injury or something...

Shorty1983
05-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Looks like Orioles fans are looking forward to our series more than the Twins. I could care less about Sosa comming back to Chicago.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-orioles/messages/?msg=18661

DumpJerry
05-09-2005, 12:26 PM
No big suprise here.. I was not expecting him to show up anyways...he was going to pull a fake injury or something...
I would not put that past him, da whimp!

StillMissOzzie
05-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Looks like Orioles fans are looking forward to our series more than the Twins. I could care less about Sosa comming back to Chicago.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-orioles/messages/?msg=18661

...couldn't care less... (sigh)

Hey hangar, you still got that CORK + STEROIDS = SOSA banner?

SMO
:gulp:

cburns
05-09-2005, 12:36 PM
I'd rather see Sosa out of the lineup so the big story isn't him coming back to Chicago and bring up the Cubs again, but rather the White Sox rolling along

Flight #24
05-09-2005, 12:42 PM
No big suprise here.. I was not expecting him to show up anyways...he was going to pull a fake injury or something...:maggs

"You need any ideas, just give me a call, Sammy! Not like I have anything else to do these days!"

gosox41
05-09-2005, 01:13 PM

Lip

Maybe he used a dirty syringe when shooting up with steroids. And no, I'm not being sarcastic...well maybe partly.

Bob

Lip Man 1
05-09-2005, 02:33 PM
According to ESPN he has an 'abscess' in his foot. that doesn't sound good.

Lip

cheeses_h_rice
05-09-2005, 04:41 PM

Sham-ME* only struck out 4 times that night. I was there.

People were chanting "Five! Five! Five!" and holding their hands up when he came to bat in the 9th inning against Foulke.

Unfortunately, Sham-ME* won that battle, but the Flubs lost the war.

:cool:

p.s. recap of the game here (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-000609soxcubs.story)