PDA

View Full Version : Trib 5/6 game recaps - Assclowns

daveeym
05-07-2005, 09:03 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050506soxgamer,1,1838772.story?coll=cs-home-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true

The latest in a string of zany victories extended the Sox's winning streak to six games while improving their major-league-best record to 22-7.

The crazy, eighth-inning rally made a winner out of Orlando Hernandez (4-1), who overcame the Blue Jays' three-run second to weave through seven innings.

Why was it zany and crazy you ask? Because our guys, Konerko and AJ, got OMG... HITS. Then this is their take on the Cubs

The deflection for the Phillies figures to go down in Wrigley Field lore, along with the ball Cubs right-fielder Larry Biittner lost in his cap in 1977 and the Pete Rose liner that deflected off Cubs reliever Lee Smith in '84 and turned into a game-ending double play.

Yeah because it was so much more of an important loss last night than any other night and watching Latoya blow games is something rare.

Seriously, ***. Screw the memo, the trib must put it directly in the contracts for these asshats that they must at all times belittle the sox.

NonetheLoaiza
05-07-2005, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they started running with these stories on that kind of angle just to get a rise out of the fine people here at WSI.

Yes, that article is ridiculous. But, I'm not going to lose sleep at night because the Tribune decides to file ridiculous articles time and time again. It used to make my blood boil, and to an extent it still does, but I'm not going to lose sleep. However, that won't stop me from emailing if the article is so ridiculously flawed or has fabricated research.

Tom~Attitude
05-07-2005, 10:33 AM
That sure makes those Flubbies just sooo much more lovable! They're just so danged cute when they lose!

Those dirty stinking Sox won...but not in a lovable fashion!
Sox...Despicable Winners!

Hitmen77
05-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Same old BS I have heard from the Chicago media for years: Cubs lose because of "bad luck" and the Sox have a cheap win because of "lucky breaks".

That's how Cub fans and the Cub-loving media explain away everything.

daveeym
05-07-2005, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they started running with these stories on that kind of angle just to get a rise out of the fine people here at WSI.

Yes, that article is ridiculous. But, I'm not going to lose sleep at night because the Tribune decides to file ridiculous articles time and time again. It used to make my blood boil, and to an extent it still does, but I'm not going to lose sleep. However, that won't stop me from emailing if the article is so ridiculously flawed or has fabricated research. Nor will I but I enjoy calling asshats and assclowns out when I see them. It's comical really. I'm actually surprised they haven't started up with the sox "Improbable or impossible run" yet or "unlikely begginning" and just beaten it to death.

SOXSINCE'70
05-07-2005, 11:52 AM
That sure makes those Flubbies just sooo much more lovable! They're just so danged cute when they lose!

Those dirty stinking Sox won...but not in a lovable fashion!
Sox...Despicable Winners!

Despicable Winners are much better than "Lovable Losers".:yup:

Orta 4-6-3
05-07-2005, 12:52 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050506soxgamer,1,1838772.story?coll=cs-home-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true

Why was it zany and crazy you ask? Because our guys, Konerko and AJ, got OMG... HITS. Then this is their take on the Cubs

Yeah because it was so much more of an important loss last night than any other night and watching Latoya blow games is something rare.

Seriously, ***. Screw the memo, the trib must put it directly in the contracts for these asshats that they must at all times belittle the sox.

Good catch. It has been the pro-Cub, anti-Sox tone of the media, rather than the overwhelming amount of Cub nonsense, that has always p***** me off.

And by the way, Tribune, Rose was with the Expos when he hit that pitch (literally) off Smith.

TDog
05-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Friday night, while the Sox were winning (I actually left my office after checking the game and saw the Sox had one out and none on with the score tied in the 8th), I attended a Native Alaskan event where speakers emphasized "balance." It was a celebratory event, but when someone from the Eagle clan was speaking, he or she had to be standing nest to someone from the opposing Raven clan.

When I got back to the office and saw the Sox had won after the Cubs lost, I thought of the wonderful balance. They say everything evens out. Wouldn't it be great if in 2005, the universe were balanced with zany Sox wins offsetting wacky Cubs losses?

shoota
05-09-2005, 03:17 AM
Same old BS I have heard from the Chicago media for years: Cubs lose because of "bad luck" and the Sox have a cheap win because of "lucky breaks".

That's how Cub fans and the Cub-loving media explain away everything.

Right on, this is also my perception of the media's bias.

maurice
05-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Good call on the tone of the coverage. Another annoying thing is that the cubtastic media insists on inserting some cub reference into almost every Sox topic. It's very rare for the opposite to occur.

OTOH, it's slightly less annoying now that the references are frequently anti-cub. For example, "the Sox bullpen is very deep, unlike the cubs crappy bullpen."
:gulp: