PDA

View Full Version : Rock Rendition of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" on M&M 5/6/05

SpartanSoxFan
05-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Was anyone listening to Mike and Mike this morning around 7:30 when they were about to interview Peter Gammons about the Sox? Before that they played a rock rendition of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame." Does anyone know the artist of this rendition? I've heard it on the show before. Thanks.

daveeym
05-07-2005, 03:08 AM
Was anyone listening to Mike and Mike this morning around 7:30 when they were about to interview Peter Gammons about the Sox? Before that they played a rock rendition of "Take Me Out To The Ballgame." Does anyone know the artist of this rendition? I've heard it on the show before. Thanks. I didn't hear it but i'm guessing it's the version from the coors commercial or whichever commerical.

Erik The Red
05-07-2005, 03:16 AM
I didn't hear it either, but I did hear something like that several days ago, and I'm almost positive that version was done by the Goo Goo Dolls.

whitesoxwilkes
05-07-2005, 08:49 AM
I didn't hear it either, but I did hear something like that several days ago, and I'm almost positive that version was done by the Goo Goo Dolls.

It is indeed by the Goos. Buffalo's favorite sons sang it at the AS game a few years ago.

You can hear it at the Cell now and then before games.

TDog
05-07-2005, 12:49 PM
My favorite version of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" was done by a novelty group called Bruce Springstone. It's what the song might have sounded like if Bruce Springsteen had recorded it.

SpartanSoxFan
05-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Thanks guys! I wanted to put together a Sox higlight reel with Adobe Premier and use that Goo Goo Dolls song as the background music. :cool: