PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen Question

Garlandfan33
05-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Anyone know why it seems that Vizcaino is not getting the call as often as he was at the beginning of the season? Is he in the same role as Politte now or are they just letting him rest since he was used a lot at the beginning. Also if our starting roation continues how do you think are bullpen will do towards the end of the season? Just some questions I had been wondering.

SoxFan48
05-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Politte, Hermanson and Marte are pitching better--they get the first call.

scottyl
05-06-2005, 10:38 PM
I remember reading an article where Ozzie said he doesn't mind resting the bullpen more now, because they'll need them down the stretch, as well as if/when the starting pitching should struggle.

If our starters keep going 7/8 innings, lots of guys are going to get some time off, but I don't know about Viz in particular.

r0wdyxc
05-06-2005, 10:39 PM
. Also if our starting roation continues how do you think are bullpen will do towards the end of the season? .

If I recall correctly, the bullpen really started to stink because of overused, tired arms towards the latter half of the season when we were going through the 5th starter debacle last season. Having the bullpen pitch 6 innings wore them out.

I would like to think the bullpen would still continue to be fresh towards the end of the season.

elrod
05-06-2005, 11:18 PM
It's pretty amazing rarely the bullpen comes into the games, period.

MRKARNO
05-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Vizcaino was getting called upon far too often early on and needed to be used less. This time off is probably helping to save his arm a bit.

MRKARNO
05-06-2005, 11:32 PM
It's pretty amazing rarely the bullpen comes into the games, period.

Ozzie has to spread around the saves to make sure that everyone is getting into the game!

daveeym
05-07-2005, 03:28 AM
If our starters keep going 7/8 innings, lots of guys are going to get some time off, but I don't know about Viz in particular. Make up all the crazy reasons you want. :rolleyes: But this quoted reason is the only reason the bullpen isn't getting more work. Possibly can lead to atrophy but it's a great problem to have.