PDA

View Full Version : Ventura

joe_tansey2004
05-06-2005, 08:27 PM
I cant wait till the Sox play the D-Rays. Rockin Robin is making his return to the Sox....that is in the booth. He's going to replace Hawk for a few days.

DetroitSoxFan
05-06-2005, 08:58 PM
I used to love watching Robin as kid, but I remember him being pretty bland in his interviews, so I'm not sure how he'll do...probably better than Donn Pall. I hope the Hawk comes back soon.

Who can forget the noogies?
:nolanventura

Brian26
05-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Robin can't be any worse than Don Pall :D:

bayzbol44
05-06-2005, 09:15 PM
He also can not be any worse than Hawk. For the most part, DJ is doing "pretty good" witout the Hawkapoo.

Dibbs
05-06-2005, 09:26 PM
I am liking the Pope....he says what's on his mind.

SouthSide4Life
05-06-2005, 09:32 PM
He also can not be any worse than Hawk. For the most part, DJ is doing "pretty good" witout the Hawkapoo.you are a ****tard.... Hawk is a Golden God!

Daver
05-06-2005, 09:36 PM
you are a ****tard.... Hawk is a Golden God!

Opinions are like...............

Ken Harrelson is horrible.

Calling someone a deleted name because you disagree with their opinion does little to add to your argument.

But feel free to repeat the insult towards me.

SouthSide4Life
05-06-2005, 09:40 PM
ok Daver, i can see where youre commin from but none the less, I know a slew of more people think The Hawk is the greatest announcer in MLB....to be continued.

bobelou72
05-06-2005, 09:45 PM
I think Don Pall doing a pretty good job

bayzbol44
05-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Southside...That is your opinion. You must be just a Sox fan. I love the Sox, but I am a bigger baseball fan. Hawk is a disgrace as a baseball TV announcer. "Stretch...", "Come on Shingo no walks...", "Come on Paulie hit it hard somewhere...". Yuck. Talking to a baseball? Talking to a player from the box? This makes him a "God"? Just go around and listen to broadcasts of other teams on TV or radio. Do any of the announcers talk to the baseball or to the players???

Pulaski
05-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Robin can't be any worse than Don Pall :D:

Isn't that the truth. I hope Robin talks about his good times on the Sox.

Pulaski
05-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Southside...That is your opinion. You must be just a Sox fan. I love the Sox, but I am a bigger baseball fan. Hawk is a disgrace as a baseball TV announcer. "Stretch...", "Come on Shingo no walks...", "Come on Paulie hit it hard somewhere...". Yuck. Talking to a baseball? Talking to a player from the box? This makes him a "God"? Just go around and listen to broadcasts of other teams on TV or radio. Do any of the announcers talk to the baseball or to the players???

You have to admit that he has some mojo going. Not to say the ESPN is the "world-wide leader in sports", but everyone in the sports media has taken on HAWKISMS!

bayzbol44
05-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Yes, I will give you that. I like the whole "He Gone" and stuff like that. However, when you are talking to a player or to a baseball, I think it is a joke. I have no problem him being excited when they win or when they are playing good. However, come on, keep talking/announcing even when they are losing. I don't want to hear conversations in the stands because Hawk and DJ decided to stop talking. Has anyone noticed some innings, a play will happen and he will never explain what just happened. For example AJ may ground out to SS for the 3rd out and all he says "We go to the bottom of the sixth with the bad guys winning 6-2." This is all he says. Never says that AJ grounded out or what just happened. Again, this is just my opinion. IF they got rid of him and brought on Stoney, I would be one happy person.:)

SouthSide4Life
05-06-2005, 09:59 PM
hey Bayzbol, hows the weather in Hicksville, Illinois?

kevingrt
05-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Yes, I will give you that. I like the whole "He Gone" and stuff like that. However, when you are talking to a player or to a baseball, I think it is a joke. I have no problem him being excited when they win or when they are playing good. However, come on, keep talking/announcing even when they are losing. I don't want to hear conversations in the stands because Hawk and DJ decided to stop talking. Has anyone noticed some innings, a play will happen and he will never explain what just happened. For example AJ may ground out to SS for the 3rd out and all he says "We go to the bottom of the sixth with the bad guys winning 6-2." This is all he says. Never says that AJ grounded out or what just happened. Again, this is just my opinion. IF they got rid of him and brought on Stoney, I would be one happy person.:)

You can't say you aren't dying to hear He Gone or You Can Put it On the Board, YES. I mean hasn't the Uh Oh home run call gotten old or something, lol

bayzbol44
05-06-2005, 10:03 PM
I like those 2 calls. However, if I never hear the Hawkapoo ever again, I would be a very happy person.

SouthSide4Life
05-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Yes, I will give you that. I like the whole "He Gone" and stuff like that. However, when you are talking to a player or to a baseball, I think it is a joke. I have no problem him being excited when they win or when they are playing good. However, come on, keep talking/announcing even when they are losing. I don't want to hear conversations in the stands because Hawk and DJ decided to stop talking. Has anyone noticed some innings, a play will happen and he will never explain what just happened. For example AJ may ground out to SS for the 3rd out and all he says "We go to the bottom of the sixth with the bad guys winning 6-2." This is all he says. Never says that AJ grounded out or what just happened. Again, this is just my opinion. IF they got rid of him and brought on Stoney, I would be one happy person.:)thats because anyone with a functioning brain would realized that the man on the field just hit the ball and it was sucked up. why say "and he grounds it out" (which he says as well) when the Human Eye can obviously see whats happening. The Hawk is a legacy. Hell this is something like his 21st year as color commentator. and who can forget his ol playin days? my advice to you is research before the mouth babbles out random obscured "facts" PS im not tryin to chew you out by any means, i just state the F A C T S

bayzbol44
05-06-2005, 10:13 PM
I am glad you are just stating the FACTS. :D: :D: :o:

Yes, I can see that just happened, IF I was watching the TV. Can't someone have the TV on and do something else at the same time (like working on the computer) and know what happened during that last play? Like I said, he talks and does play by play, once in awhile. He especially does it right during the first few innings and when they are winning. However, just listen to him in the middle innings when the Sox are out of it or he is just bored. Again, he is horrible as a play by play person. You must be just a Sox fan. Because if you ranked him against any other baseball announcers, he would be in the bottom 5 or so.

SouthSide4Life
05-06-2005, 10:19 PM
I'll bet you're the kind of guy that thinks Chris "The Fat Mess" Bermann is an awesome comentator... man take it down a notch new guy.

bayzbol44
05-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Now we finally agree on something...That guy is no good.:smile:

owensmouth
05-07-2005, 12:39 AM
I hope Ventura interviews Willsey.

Nellie_Fox
05-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Yes, I can see that just happened, IF I was watching the TV. Can't someone have the TV on and do something else at the same time? It's TELEVISION. The picture is a very big part of the medium. If you don't want to watch, turn on the radio.

joe_tansey2004
05-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Whats wrong with Boomer..."back, back, back, back, it's gone!!" He does suck at baseball announcing but I like listening to the highlights when he does football.

bayzbol44
05-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Nellie, you are right!!! I need to carry a radio with me, so I don't have to hear these two when I go into the kitchen or working on the computer. Again, anyone who thinks he is great, must just be a homer and not a baseball fan. I must be the only idiot on here who thinks the Hawkapoo is horrible. Oh well, I will live with that. He is one of the many reasons why this city doesn't take this team seriously. How many local papers have you seen give him an "A" for "great" work?

swanson24
05-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Hasn't this been like the billionth thread posted bashing HAWK! It is getting rather old!

:deadhorse: