PDA

View Full Version : *****! Latoya working his magic again!

cheeses_h_rice
05-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Can't close out a 2-1 game. I believe he made a throwing error with the bases loaded, and it's now 3-2.

:gulp:

MRKARNO
05-06-2005, 04:47 PM
http://wgnradio.com/art/jdfwalk/santohead.jpg

"OH NOOOOOOO!"

Ol' No. 2
05-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Even more creatively than before.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd be willing to chip in to pay his salary to keep him on the North Side.:)

Jjav829
05-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Bwaahahaha! Oh, this one was good. For those of you who didn't see it....

He gave up two singles to Burrell and Bell start the inning. Bell's single actually hit off Hawkins and ricocheted toward 3rd where there was no play. He then struck out Howard and then walked pinch hitter Offerman. Polanco pinch hit and hit a line drive back to Hawkins. He caught the ball for the second out, then looked at 3rd, spun to 1st and threw it as hard as he could. He wound up hitting Offerman as he was going back into the base. The ball ricocheted into the 1st base seats and two runs were allowed to cross the plate. Now 3-2 Phillies. This after Billy Wagner gave up a 2-run HR to Derrek Lee in the bottom of the 8th. :roflmao:

Sox of White
05-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah that was hilarious!

Tekijawa
I wonder if they'll send up the "LH" White flag tonight for the loss... and if any one could make that and put it up as a "Smiley" that would be great!!!

cheeses_h_rice
It's times like these where I kinda wish I *could* hear AM720 at my cube.

shoota
05-06-2005, 04:50 PM

He gave up two singles to Burrell and Bell start the inning. Bell's single actually hit off Hawkins and ricocheted toward 3rd where there was no play. He then struck out Howard and then walked pinch hitter Offerman. Polanco pinch hit and hit a line drive back to Hawkins. He caught the ball for the second out, then looked at 3rd, spun to 1st and threw it as hard as he could. He wound up hitting Offerman as he was going back into the base. The ball ricocheted into the 1st base seats and two runs were allowed to cross the plate. Now 3-2 Phillies. This after Billy Wagner gave up a 2-run HR to Derrek Lee in the bottom of the 8th.

rotflmao! I turned off the game after Derrek Lee's homer, but came back in time to see LaTrine Hawkins BLOW IT AGAIN! This is comical.

patbooyah
05-06-2005, 04:51 PM
my questions is: why does dusty need the two huge forearm bands? is the walk out to the mound really that sweat inducing? or do i not know about handling heat because i'm white?

Vsahajpal
05-06-2005, 04:51 PM
That was the greatest thing I've ever seen. This guy invents ways to blow saves.

seanpmurphy
05-06-2005, 04:52 PM
And the Northside Choke Artists come through once again on a clutch play by Hawkins. It was definitely humorous to watch. Man it must suck being cursed.

Tragg
05-06-2005, 04:53 PM
the man makes a nice stab on a ball that could have taken his ear off, tries to make a play to end the game and gets unlucky when it plunks the runner, and those dirt-bag cub fans boo him.

Go somewhere where the "Genious" GM will get you some help in the bullpen, Letroi.

maurice
05-06-2005, 04:53 PM
I know the cub bullpen sucks, but who in their right mind would put Hawkins in a 1-run-save situation? Let me guess . . . Steve Stone made him do it.

Jjav829
05-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Flubs lose and the crowd erupts with boos. For his next act, LaTroya is going to balk home the tying run with a runner on 3rd, 2 outs, and a 0-2 count on the batter...:D:

HomeFish
Didn't he get kicked out of the closer role?

Not that I'm complaining, of course.

cheeses_h_rice
That was the greatest thing I've ever seen. This guy invents ways to blow saves.

Hey Vic, are the Flub fun-bad for you now? I mean, that has to be the only way you can handle this garbage.

Ol' No. 2
05-06-2005, 04:55 PM

He gave up two singles to Burrell and Bell start the inning. Bell's single actually hit off Hawkins and ricocheted toward 3rd where there was no play. He then struck out Howard and then walked pinch hitter Offerman. Polanco pinch hit and hit a line drive back to Hawkins. He caught the ball for the second out, then looked at 3rd, spun to 1st and threw it as hard as he could. He wound up hitting Offerman as he was going back into the base. The ball ricocheted into the 1st base seats and two runs were allowed to cross the plate. Now 3-2 Phillies. This after Billy Wagner gave up a 2-run HR to Derrek Lee in the bottom of the 8th. :roflmao:And we had Billy Koch who just blew saves the boring old way. Horking is so much more creative.

Rocklive99
05-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Oh man, that was funny, booed off the field. I was a little surprised that the Philly 1st basemen didn't bunt the 2 men over, but it didn't matter, LaTroya took care of it. It's entertaining just to watch the fans behind the screen. They rise and put their hands up arguing about a ball way outside, then everybody is all happy when he catches the comebacker, and then he throws it away, lmao.

And to show how intelligent these fans are that pack the place, when they were up 2-1, some one had a rally cap on

maurice
05-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Hey Vic, are the Flub fun-bad for you now? I mean, that has to be the only way you can handle this garbage.

Maybe we've finally turned him to the dark side. :cool:

shoota
Cub fans boo LaTrine off the mound after he pisses the game away with an errant, dumb throw. 6 in a row Flubbies.

The only downer for me is I was hoping Prior was going to get the loss. He pitched 8 innings of 1 run ball, and I was hoping he'd suffer the tough luck loss. But Wagner gave up the lead with a 2-run homer to Derrek Lee--WHO TOOK A CURTAIN CALL--which took Prior off the hook.

Another one run loss for Dusty Baker. :bandance:

MRKARNO
Didn't he get kicked out of the closer role?

Yes, Chad Fox was to be the new closer. He earned a save and then the next day he blew out his arm pitching in a 7 run game.

dcb33
05-06-2005, 04:57 PM
And to show how intelligent these fans are that pack the place, when they were up 2-1, some one had a rally cap on

He probably saw LaToya warming up to come into the game and decided to get a head start on things

seanpmurphy
05-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Oh man, that was funny, booed off the field. I was a little surprised that the Philly 1st basemen didn't bunt the 2 men over, but it didn't matter, LaTroya took care of it. It's entertaining just to watch the fans behind the screen. They rise and put their hands up arguing about a ball way outside, then everybody is all happy when he catches the comebacker, and then he throws it away, lmao.

No. Not someone. NUMEROUS people I saw in the stands had rally caps on when they were up 2-1.

6 game skid for the Flubs. Keep 'em coming

shoota
05-06-2005, 04:58 PM
For those watching during the 9th inning, did you notice the Cub fans behind home plate acting obnoxious? Every one of them believe it's a given that the Cubs should win. Those fans do not understand the game of baseball.

seanpmurphy
05-06-2005, 04:59 PM
For those watching during the 9th inning, did you notice the Cub fans behind home plate acting obnoxious? Every one of them believe it's a given that the Cubs should win. Those fans do not understand the game of baseball.

I like how they were getting so upset over some of the calls that they clearly had a better view of than the ump.

itsnotrequired
05-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Man, I'm almost starting to feel bad for these guys...almost.:tongue:

pudge
05-06-2005, 05:00 PM
I saw it on sportsline - did anyone actually see the play? Cubs lose 3-2.

Ol' No. 2
05-06-2005, 05:01 PM
the Cub fans behind home plate acting obnoxious? Is this the definition of redundancy?

HomeFish
05-06-2005, 05:02 PM
I like how they were getting so upset over some of the calls that they clearly had a better view of than the ump.

Hey, the ump's got that guy sitting in front of him. What in the world can he see?

Seriously, as the Sox learned earlier this season, there are some bad umps out there. Just none on the North Side this afternoon.

kittle42
05-06-2005, 05:03 PM
http://wgnradio.com/art/jdfwalk/santohead.jpg

"OH NOOOOOOO!"

I was listening on mlb.com audio. That's *exactly* what Ronnie said.

seanpmurphy
05-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Is this the definition of redundancy?

No. That would be one of the announcers, no clue what their names are, saying "...and Cubs fans filing out disappointed..."

Cubs fans leaving Wrigley disappointed? Never:D:

Dick Allen
05-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Can't wait to hear the weepfest/whinefest on Murphy's show tonight.

MRKARNO
05-06-2005, 05:08 PM
I was listening on mlb.com audio. That's *exactly* what Ronnie said.

That's why I posted it:D:

MrRoboto83
05-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Yes, it was so funny, bases we loaded 1 out, he made an awesome catch, then tried to double up the runner at first for the win and it hit the runner and bounced in the stands, runners advance 2 bases. I was cracking up laughing!!:roflmao:

Ol' No. 2
05-06-2005, 05:10 PM
That's why I posted it:D:So now we have Ronnie Woo-Woo and Ronnie Oh-Noooo. :roflmao:

shoota
05-06-2005, 05:13 PM

For this reason, discussion of their team is relegated to a forum titled, "What's the Score?" :D:

Chisox003
05-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Out of all my years around baseball, I have never seen a game blown in a more hysterical, dumb way than the Flubbers did today...

When that happened, my jaw hit the ground and i just stared in absolute amazement...

I saw it like 10 times in this thread, and its true....Not only does Latroy invent ways to blow saves, but the Cubs are (still) inventing new ways to lose....

You gotta admit, they dont dissapoint!!

S05X

NonetheLoaiza
05-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Is Ron Santo ok? I can only assume he suffered a heart attack after that.

In a way, I almost feel bad, but then again, I realize that it's the Cubs.

Ol' No. 2
05-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Boy, this is turning out to be the most fun baseball season EVER. The Sox can't seem to lose and the Cubs are...well...the Cubs. :rolling:

JRIG
05-06-2005, 05:31 PM
This was a great game to watch with an office full of Flubs fans.

There was never a doubt they would blow this game. Never a doubt.

voodoochile
05-06-2005, 05:32 PM
So now we have Ronnie Woo-Woo and Ronnie Oh-Noooo. :roflmao:

and Darrin Uh Oh...:D:

Who says it sucks to be a fan of Chicago sports. Comedy gold like this stuff makes it all worth it...

DiGiSyKo
05-06-2005, 05:38 PM
I wonder if they'll send up the "LH" White flag tonight for the loss... and if any one could make that and put it up as a "Smiley" that would be great!!!

This might suck... but I tried... :redneck
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/digisyk0/latroy.jpg

Vsahajpal
05-06-2005, 05:39 PM

Yeah, fun-bad is an apt way to put it. You kind of expect it, the way they're playing now reminds you of the really bad Mel Rojas/Ozzie Timmons days.

kraut83
05-06-2005, 05:41 PM
I can honestly say I've never listened to a Flubs radio broadcast before today, but driving home from work, I felt like listening to baseball. This being the only game on XM, I thought, what the hell. I now get what a homer Santo is. I went from being nauseated hearing his reaction to the Lee HR, to almost driving off the road in laughter after LaClown's nice E-1!

chisoxfan64
That was just too good to be true! Made my day.

SOX ADDICT '73
Man, I'm almost starting to feel bad for these guys...almost.:tongue:
They may have to place Hawkins on a 24-hour suicide watch after this one. :o:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-06-2005, 05:43 PM
So I'm guessing the back-to-back winning seasons are now pretty much over?

The Flubbie "three-peat" is officially dead.

:roflmao:

HomeFish
05-06-2005, 05:45 PM
So I'm guessing the back-to-back winning seasons are now pretty much over?

They don't have 81 losses quite yet, so there's nothing official about it.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-06-2005, 05:49 PM

That's the best part, 'Fish. They're loser fans have over 4 months worth of humiliation left to go.

MRKARNO
05-06-2005, 05:49 PM

Let's just put it this way: Things arent pointing in the right direction; not by a longshot.

samram
05-06-2005, 05:51 PM
And we had Billy Koch who just blew saves the boring old way. Horking is so much more creative.

Yeah, 450 foot homers, 4 walks in an inning- been there, seen that. Gimme a throw off some dude's back that goes into the stands.

MRKARNO
05-06-2005, 05:51 PM
That's the best part, 'Fish. They're loser fans have over 4 months worth of humiliation left to go.

Don't forget the denial:

:cubsfans3andonehalfmonthsfromnow
"Don't worry! This team that totally collapsed last September will come back from 15 down on September 1st to beat the Cardinals and 8 back in the Wild Card race to catch the 2nd place team in the NL East"

doublem23
05-06-2005, 05:52 PM
:roflmao:

The only thing I regret about this is that this will be the first summer I spend away from Chicago. How I wish I could watch this miserable team first hand all year.

What a steaming pile of **** they are.

2005 Cubs = 2001-2004 White Sox. Just much worse.

SoxSpeed22
05-06-2005, 05:52 PM
They don't have 81 losses quite yet, so there's nothing official about it."Cubs snatch defeat from the Jaws of Victory in Ninth"
-MLB.com.
Give it a rest, we all know its gonna happen as long as things aren't goin right for them and they keep blowin it like this. Prior gives up 1 run on 4 hits in 8IP and 10K and they still can't win. So much for their fearful starting pitching.

Uncle_Patrick
05-06-2005, 06:02 PM
"Cubs snatch defeat from the Jaws of Victory in Ninth"
-MLB.com.

I saw that headline and LMAO. The Scrubbie fans on the MLB board are securing their nooses to the rafters right now.

nccwsfan
05-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Same here- first time I've listened to a Cubs game in years and they did not disappoint. They have mastered the art of losing.....:D:

Viva Medias B's
05-06-2005, 08:20 PM
This might suck... but I tried... :redneck
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/digisyk0/latroy.jpg

Not to be particular, but the "loss" flag at Wrigley Field is blue with white lettering. I know this because I've seen it after we played them there.

fquaye149
05-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Same here- first time I've listened to a Cubs game in years and they did not disappoint. They have mastered the art of losing.....:D:

well...we all know that elizabeth bishop had the cubs in mind when she wrote her villainelle -

the art of losing isn't hard to master

Brian26
05-06-2005, 09:16 PM

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

C-Dawg
05-06-2005, 09:18 PM
I can honestly say I've never listened to a Flubs radio broadcast before today, but driving home from work, I felt like listening to baseball. This being the only game on XM, I thought, what the hell. I now get what a homer Santo is. I went from being nauseated hearing his reaction to the Lee HR, to almost driving off the road in laughter after LaClown's nice E-1!

I normally don't listen either, but since I am actually going to attend the Crumbling Confines tomorrow, I listened today to aquaint myself with the Phils. I had forgotten how bad Santo was! Or maybe he's just getting worse. Anyway, it was hilarious to hear how they lost this one, I nearly drove off the road laughing at their antics today.

Baby Fisk
05-06-2005, 10:07 PM
HA HA HA HA HA! I watched LaToya throw the ball away to bring in the tying run just before departing for the Rogers Centre tonight. It was clearly a sign that a good night was in the making.

Pulaski
05-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Can't close out a 2-1 game. I believe he made a throwing error with the bases loaded, and it's now 3-2.

Lets stay focused on the Sox and not another team. Life is to precious on teams you don't even like.

SOXPHILE
05-06-2005, 10:33 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't listening to the game while at work, but was following along on MLB.com. I saw they had lost right before I went home, so I listened to WGN (the REAL radio for the Living Dead) re-play the high lights in my car. Santo was SOOOO excited when Lee hit the homer to give the Cubs the lead (ALLL RIGHT ! YESSS ! YESSSIRRR !), but when they replayed the hilarious antics of LAtroy, he literally sounded like he was weeping. (OH NO !! NO NO NO NO !!!...) Also, when Hughes was doing the wrap up, Santo comes on to give his "player of the game" to The Messiah, and he sounded like he was going to go home and swallow a bottle of pills. Good stuff. :bandance:

cheeses_h_rice
05-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Lets stay focused on the Sox and not another team. Life is to precious on teams you don't even like.

Gee, and I thought at 4:55pm the White Sox and Twins were still several hours from playing their games today.

:rolleyes:

slavko
05-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Gotta rank right up there in the annals of Heartbreaking Cub Losses. Full house helps. Santo call helps too. Enjoy.

DiGiSyKo
05-07-2005, 01:21 AM
Not to be particular, but the "loss" flag at Wrigley Field is blue with white lettering. I know this because I've seen it after we played them there.

Does this make everything better? :wink:

Original Loss Flag-------------------Latroy's Flag
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/digisyk0/l2.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/digisyk0/l2a.jpg

fquaye149
05-07-2005, 02:09 AM

generally good advice, but these are the CUBS!!!!

seanpmurphy
05-07-2005, 03:42 AM
They may have to place Hawkins on a 24-hour suicide watch after this one. :o:

Does that make him eligible for the DL? :tongue:

seanpmurphy
05-07-2005, 03:44 AM

We like them just fine. Just only in situations like today! :bandance:

mccoydp
05-07-2005, 09:29 AM
I actually tuned in to watch the Cubs lose. Aside from watching the White Sox, I'm now starting to tune in to watch the Cubs when they are losing.
I was getting ready to watch the Sox-Jays game last night on MLB-TV, and the webcast was stuck on the Comcast feed of the Cubs roundtable discussion after the game. I was actually enjoying their whining :whiner:until the feed thankfully (and mercifully) switched over to the Sox game, with Iguchi scoring the first run.

Ol' No. 2
05-07-2005, 09:36 AM
I hope those of you listening to the end of the Cubs game remembered to tune in to the post-game call-in show. It was indescribable. One guy called in and I swear I could hear the froth flying from his lips. :roflmao:

samram
05-07-2005, 09:50 AM
I hope those of you listening to the end of the Cubs game remembered to tune in to the post-game call-in show. It was indescribable. One guy called in and I swear I could hear the froth flying from his lips. :roflmao:

Why, did they cut off beer sales after the sixth?:D:

SOXSINCE'70
05-07-2005, 10:56 AM
It's LaChoke Hawkins to the rescue again!!:roflmao: :giantsnail

Viva Medias B's
05-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Does this make everything better? :wink:

Original Loss Flag-------------------Latroy's Flag
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/digisyk0/l2.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/digisyk0/l2a.jpg

That's awesome!

White Sox Josh
05-07-2005, 01:13 PM
That's awesome!I love it when everyone complains about Shingo because we could have LaToya closing for us.

shoota
05-09-2005, 02:26 AM
I love it when everyone complains about Shingo because we could have LaToya closing for us.

Remember when LaTroy breated the Chicago sports media for not knowing the Jay Z song, 99 Problems? If this guy keeps it up, his 99 problems will represent each one of his career blown saves!

Or the time he called a press conference when he was named the closer just to tell the media to get off his back before they even have a chance to get on it?

Yeah, this guy doesn't have mental problems.