PDA

View Full Version : Here's a Thought......

HootieMcBoob
11-07-2001, 05:40 PM
If MLB gets rid of the Expos and Devil Rays (like they should) then the new re-alignment of divisions could look like this:

AL EAST
NYY
BOS
BAL
TOR
CLE

AL CENTRAL
SOX
MIN
KC
DET
TEX

AL WEST
ARZ
OAK
SEA
ANA

The Ranger's move to the central was talked about if the Twins were wiped out, because they want to play more teams that are in their time zone. I say the D-Rays are the team that should go - they've never won anything and never will. Plus Florida doesn't deserve 2 teams. Cleveland is the furthest East team, so wouldn't it be awesome to see them go to the AL East? We'd have the easiest division EVER - wouldn't that be awesome ? ?

Railsplitter
11-07-2001, 06:09 PM
Scrap Montreal and Tampa Bay, yes, but Move Brewers to AL Central and Tigers to AL East.

GASHWOUND
11-07-2001, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
If MLB gets rid of the Expos and Devil Rays (like they should) then the new re-alignment of divisions could look like this:

AL EAST
NYY
BOS
BAL
TOR
CLE

AL CENTRAL
SOX
MIN
KC
DET
TEX

AL WEST
ARZ
OAK
SEA
ANA

The Ranger's move to the central was talked about if the Twins were wiped out, because they want to play more teams that are in their time zone. I say the D-Rays are the team that should go - they've never won anything and never will. Plus Florida doesn't deserve 2 teams. Cleveland is the furthest East team, so wouldn't it be awesome to see them go to the AL East? We'd have the easiest division EVER - wouldn't that be awesome ? ?

That would be nice moving Cleveland but it aint gonna happen. Texas is coming to our division with Pittsburg going to the NL east and Arizona coming to the AL West. Than the 2 newer expansion teams would be both in the AL. Colangelo does not want to come to the AL so the D-Backs will be pissed. I think cause the D-rays are so damn young as a franchise saved their butts. Don't know why they would not be one of the teams eliminated. The Marlins should also go to. Maybe they can relocate them to Oralando. I would assume they might draw better there. Get them a new stadium there or whatever. With all the visitors that go to Orlando to go along with all the attractions it should draw more fans.

GASHWOUND
11-07-2001, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Scrap Montreal and Tampa Bay, yes, but Move Brewers to AL Central and Tigers to AL East.

I don't want to move the Tigers. Since we have to play teams in our division 16 to 19 times we need them to stay. We have dominated the Tigers the last 2 seasons and I don't see anything changing next year. We need them as our whipping boy to stack up more wins. And Detroit in the east? They seem more to belong in the central cause thats where their loctaed..in the Midwest.