PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy a replica jersey?

ChicagoHoosier
05-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Seems like many of you have knowledge in this area, but I'm in the market for a gray replica jersey instead of going authentic. Haven't decided which player to put on the back, but I want one who is signed for a while and who I can relate to so that it'll have more meaning while he's here.

Where is the best place to get one? I've seen a couple places on the internet, like ESPN Store, that seem like good deals and also checked them out at Grandstand last week.

Any insider advice on the best deal? I think the road grays are sharp.

MUScholar21
05-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Also check out www.triplethreatsports.com (http://www.triplethreatsports.com) - the store is in Mokena (actually, Podzilla will be there signing stuff on the 22nd if that is incentive for you)

cubsuck
05-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Exclusive Pro Sports...'nuff said

GO HERE ----> www.exclusivepro.com (http://www.exclusivepro.com)

They've got unreal prices, and it's all authentic and MLBPA certified...unlike some places in town! They give you the EXACT letters and numbers the players wear on the field.

DO IT.

Ol' No. 2
05-06-2005, 02:45 PM
I think you'll find the prices are pretty similar everywhere you go. I usually go to the Grandstand only because it's just a few blocks down from the park and I can order and pick up stuff on the way to the games.

StrTrkker
05-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Also try JC Penneys...

They are running a sale now. 25% off all of their MLB stuff (Jerseys, Tshirts, Caps)...plus theres a coupon in todays paper for $10 off of $50 for this weekend so you can get a nice replica Sox jersey for about $60.

The JCP in my area only #14 Konerko & #35 Thomas Jerseys.

ThatGuyOnTheL
07-03-2005, 04:30 PM
If you can make it out to Champs Sports this weekend, most (if not all) jerseys are 20% off. I made a long L and bus trip from the North Side out to Ford City this morning, and got a replica road jersey for $60. Looks great, plus you always have the option of taking it somewhere else to get personalized.

Joosh
07-03-2005, 04:37 PM
If you want a cheap jersey to be lettered later, I was at a TJ Maxx this weekend and found home, road, and BP reps for like 35 bucks.

Palehose13
07-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Also check out www.triplethreatsports.com (http://www.triplethreatsports.com) - the store is in Mokena (actually, Podzilla will be there signing stuff on the 22nd if that is incentive for you)

I was all about that place until I found out who the owner was...I currently have two jersey's at grandstand getting names and numbers.

Brian26
07-03-2005, 04:50 PM
I was all about that place until I found out who the owner was...I currently have two jersey's at grandstand getting names and numbers.

That's ominous. Who's the owner??? :?:

Palehose13
07-03-2005, 04:56 PM
From the Nancy thread:
Originally Posted by 32nd&Wallace
MJH said that she will get "whacked" after this year. All of them seemed kind of giggly about it. Harry said Nothing But Nancy was little more than a "here's your watch and now leave" type thing. This would be one of the worst PR blunders this organization could ever make.

Originally Posted by TornLabrum
This coming from three clowns who are on the station the Sox are leaving, and who get a whole lot of free jerseys from the guy who is the Sox DJ (who also runs a store that sells that kind of stuff and which is an advertiser on their station).

I'm a bit of a loyal person. :wink:

Brian26
07-03-2005, 05:04 PM
From the Nancy thread:

Ok, that's interesting. Well, I don't know if Nancy is going to get whacked, but MJH are definitely clowns.

FWIW, I won a jersey from Triple Threat, and they did a nice job on the lettering and patches...and they were extremely helpful over email with some questions I had.

White Sox Josh
07-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Do you think that Grandstand would repair My Ordonez Jersey and Replace the numbers with Buehrle's or something like that. I bought the jersey at Grandstand.

ewokpelts
07-03-2005, 05:12 PM
If you can make it out to Champs Sports this weekend, most (if not all) jerseys are 20% off. I made a long L and bus trip from the North Side out to Ford City this morning, and got a replica road jersey for $60. Looks great, plus you always have the option of taking it somewhere else to get personalized.

you should have gone downtown...champs is owned by footlocker.....i'd have calle dthem and see if they were running the same promo...
Gene

p.s. ford city? that's by me..where's buena park?

Jerko
07-03-2005, 06:02 PM
I was at Grandstand a few days agom and their gray replicas don't have the diamond sock patch on the sleeve. I'm sure they can add it on but make sure you ask if you get it from there.

HomeFish
07-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Grandstand is overpriced and the employees are rude. The only reason I buy things there (and it's a habit I've been trying to kick) is because of its ridiculously high convenience for people who go to a lot of games (like me). Dropping off and picking up something there takes virtually no extra effort, since I'll be in the area anyway. They did my Herbert Perry jersey shirt pretty well.

ThatGuyOnTheL
07-03-2005, 06:30 PM
you should have gone downtown...champs is owned by footlocker.....i'd have calle dthem and see if they were running the same promo...
Gene

p.s. ford city? that's by me..where's buena park?

I was downtown yesterday - the selection at Foot Locker, et al. was awful. As someone mentioned in an earlier thread, downtown is no better than Wrigleyville when it comes to selection of MLB apparel :(: Even at Ford City, Champs' selection was far better than Foot Locker's.

If I'm not mistaken, Buena Park is more or less the neighborhood connecting Wrigleyville and Uptown, from the lake on the east to the area around Realist's bar on the west. I'm around Irving Park and Broadway - but not for much longer :D:

TornLabrum
07-03-2005, 07:59 PM
From the Nancy thread:

The Sox DJ doesn't own Champs.

Palehose13
07-03-2005, 08:01 PM
The Sox DJ doesn't own Champs.

LOL...I was referring to triple threat sports.

TornLabrum
07-03-2005, 08:24 PM
LOL...I was referring to triple threat sports.

I got mixed up somewhere.

AOEllis
07-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Sometimes, you can find absolutely ridculously low, too-good-to-be-true (but it is) prices on eBay. I am a collector of football and baseball jerseys; I am a White Sox fan but I have a jersey, many of them authentic uncustomized and customized, of over half the teams in the league. Some of the deals I was able to get for authentic jerseys---

A-Rod (Blue Texas Rangers) $60
Pujols (Road) $50 (mlb.com is $250!)
Gagne (Home) $50
Schilling (BoSox Road) $75
Navy Padres $20
Gray Marlins $15. Yes, $15. The hat costs more.

I have not bought any current white sox jerseys on eBay bc I already bought them before I started bidding, but some are there, and there are also many throwback jerseys you can bid on. The dugout jackets and windbreakers are usually on there too.

Also, the last weekend of july at the Don Stephens Rosemont Convention center, the National Sports Collector show will be there, so you may be able to find an uncustomized White Sox jersey there for anywhere between $20 and $65.