PDA

View Full Version : Jays fans still chirping over Farmer's anti-Canuck comments

Baby Fisk
05-06-2005, 10:33 AM
An amusing thread from a Black Jays message board. Some fans are still pissed off by Farmer's comments about Canada. I forget what Farmeo said exactly, but they are still chirping about him.

linky (http://www.bluejayway.ca/forum/index.php?topic=5255.0)

That poster named Palehoser seems like he's really on the ball. He's awesome! I bet he's good lookin' too. :redface:

NonetheLoaiza
05-06-2005, 10:45 AM
"Not physical assault, thats not Canadian....perhaps a good drive-by egging...."

I thought that that comment was pretty funny...Just my two cents.

MIgrenade
05-06-2005, 10:59 AM
One guy is afraid they won't score in the last two games with Buerhle and Garland on the mound. I woulldn't expect much more off El Duque.
BTW, they seem to be much nicer than that A's board. Buncha d-bags.

BaseballTonyght
05-06-2005, 11:06 AM
"Not physical assault, thats not Canadian....perhaps a good drive-by egging...."

Haha, nice :D:

Baby Fisk
05-06-2005, 11:14 AM
The folks at that site are insanely polite (as are all Canadians :redface: ) and most of the regular posters are intelligent baseball fans too. They permit the occasional pro-Sox comment, so long as it's respectful and not just mindless trolling.

White_Sock
05-06-2005, 05:28 PM
"Everett snaps and tries to climb the CN tower (claiming subliminal messages in the outfield video scoreboards told him to do so).
Ozzie Guillen pulls him down and makes him play shortstop."

I love Everett and I don't view him like this, but this comment gave me a chuckle.

bigfoot
05-07-2005, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=Baby Fisk]An amusing thread from a Black Jays message board. Some fans are still pissed off by Farmer's comments about Canada. I forget what Farmeo said exactly, but they are still chirping about him.

linky (http://www.bluejayway.ca/forum/index.php?topic=5255.0)

It would seem that the Jay's fans and some Canadians are more angry at Joe Cowley's comments and actions(not standing during the Canadian anthem) than at Farmio.
There was a complaint and demand for an apology directed toward Cowley and his editor. They got it!

Cowley's comment and actions were derived from a booing of the US anthem at a hockey game last year.

elrod
05-07-2005, 09:05 AM
I'd be angry if I was Canadian too. I can't stand Ed Farmer and this is a big reason why. He is the quintessential "ugly American". You want to "get back" at every country that booes the US National Anthem? Well this would be a lonely world.

owensmouth
05-07-2005, 09:59 AM
The one and only good time to do the wave? During the Canadian National Anthem.

Soxzilla
05-07-2005, 10:30 AM
I'd be angry if I was Canadian too. I can't stand Ed Farmer and this is a big reason why. He is the quintessential "ugly American". You want to "get back" at every country that booes the US National Anthem? Well this would be a lonely world.

Seriously, f Canada, who cares what they think.

Same goes for Farmio, who cares what they think, it doesn't hurt my feelings they don't like us. Piss on 'em, we don't need them to be our friends.

SOXSINCE'70
05-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Piss on 'em, we don't need them to be our friends.

Maybe Bob and Doug MacKenzie can show up for the next 2 games.:roflmao: :roflmao:

"'COO ROO KOO KOO KOO KOO KOO KOO' TO ALL YOU HOSERS!!!
TAKE OFF,EH?!?!".

Just some SCTV humor for you.

SomebodyToldMe
05-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Seriously though, who DOESN'T make fun of Canadia? aka America Jr. :D:

And yes, I spelled it CanadIa. Canadians from Canadia

batmanZoSo
05-07-2005, 11:10 PM
I never understood why Americans always put down Canada. Seems to me it's like America, only without all the crime and pollution. And the few Canadians I've met were all very nice people, albeit a small sample size. :cool:

FarWestChicago
05-07-2005, 11:19 PM
I never understood why Americans always put down Canada.I attribute it to complete stupidity.

SOXintheBURGH
05-08-2005, 09:01 AM
I love Canada. It's beautiful, clean, people treat eachother with respect; good growing regions for "plants." Good beers. Mario Lemieux is from there. What's not to like?My company is actually based out of Montreal, I'm actually thinking of working on a transfer up to Toronto.

buehrle4cy05
05-08-2005, 10:59 AM
I've been to Canada, and have had no problems with it (although Canadian Bacon is one of my favorite movies). I think this also may go back to when Carlos Delgado didn't stand for the anthem in NY because he was protesting the war in Iraq...

FarWestChicago
05-08-2005, 11:03 AM
I think this also may go back to when Carlos Delgado didn't stand for the anthem in NY because he was protesting the war in Iraq...Like I said, complete stupidity. Carlos Delgado is not Canadian. Oh well, if that's the case, I guess these morons can hate Florida now. :rolleyes:

SOX ADDICT '73
05-08-2005, 04:14 PM
I love Canada. It's beautiful, clean, people treat eachother with respect; good growing regions for "plants." Good beers. Mario Lemieux is from there. What's not to like?
You're forgetting the best part - Canada produced Baby Fisk!

MeanFish
05-08-2005, 04:40 PM
I absolutely love Canada and be there in an instant if I had a job waiting for me.

Baby Fisk
05-08-2005, 05:29 PM

Same goes for Farmio, who cares what they think, it doesn't hurt my feelings they don't like us. Piss on 'em, we don't need them to be our friends.

This kind of arrogant **** almost sent me into a rage... but then I popped some of these free pills my doctor gave me from among the multitude of medicinal products scattered around the room... and now I'm all OK with you. Soxzilla, I love you man. :peace:

FarWestChicago
05-08-2005, 06:21 PM
This kind of arrogant **** almost sent me into a rage... but then I popped some of these free pills my doctor gave me from among the multitude of medicinal products scattered around the room... and now I'm all OK with you. Soxzilla, I love you man. :peace:Just look at the source. The guy is obviously in no position to be putting anybody down. What a complete loser, a disgrace to Americans and Sox fans.

D. TODD
05-08-2005, 08:04 PM
I've been to Canada, and have had no problems with it (although Canadian Bacon is one of my favorite movies). I think this also may go back to when Carlos Delgado didn't stand for the anthem in NY because he was protesting the war in Iraq... Delgado would not stand for the "god bless America" that was being sung during the 7th innings during the war. He saw this as being done directly in support of the war, which he disagreed with. As far as I know he did stand for the traditional antham at the start of the game.

Paulwny
05-09-2005, 01:50 PM
For many yrs now Farmer has complained about the annual trip to Toronto. I don't get it, Toronto is a beautiful city with plenty of activities. Possibly he had some trouble with a customs agent and that had soured him.