PDA

View Full Version : Sox come to Toronto, so Toronto Star spotlights... Kerry Wood?!

Baby Fisk
05-06-2005, 11:19 AM
This pissed me off. I open today's Toronto Star and there's a gigantic photo of Kerry Wood and a story about his latest cat-fighting with Steve Stone.

Wood's ears burning
Hurler unhappy with criticism by ESPN analyst
Stone told him to `make adjustments or go sell cars'
ALLAN RYAN
SPORTS REPORTER

Kerry Wood, once again on the DL maybe for two months, possibly for the season at least now has more time to hang out and talk, you know, baseball with one-time Cubs TV commentator, now ESPN analyst, Steve Stone.

Then again, maybe not.

Those two guys haven't got along for years, mostly, it seems, owing to Wood having some trouble dealing with Stone's on-air criticisms, whether directed at himself or teammates.

Stone, meantime, has argued that his commentary would sometimes appear out of context in a Chicago newspaper that ran excerpts.
Who cares?! This bitching between Wood and Stone wouldn't even be interesting to Cubs fans, would it? :angry:

Meanwhile, the Sox roll into town under the radar. I'm beyond being stoked for tonight's game. Thanks for letting me vent. :bandance:

Hangar18
05-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Whats INCREDIBLY RIDICULOUS, is Stone made that comment MONTHS AGO.
Its old news. For those who think my TinFoil Hat is on too tight sometimes,
how is it that this article is appearing, way after the fact, and just in time for when the White Sox come into town? The Media loves their cubs dont they?

cheeses_h_rice
05-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Why is Toronto even writing about a peripheral, unimportant issue concerning a National League team half a continent away?

:?:

Baby Fisk
05-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Why is Toronto even writing about a peripheral, unimportant issue concerning a National League team half a continent away?

That's why I'm pissed off! I expect no less than a 5-run victory by the Sox tonight to make up for this. A shut out by El Duque would be nice. Go Go you Sox!

owensmouth
05-06-2005, 11:45 AM

:?:The story probably had to go through Canadian immigration before it could be published.

LongLiveFisk
05-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Meanwhile, the Sox roll into town under the radar. I'm beyond being stoked for tonight's game. Thanks for letting me vent. :bandance:

So I take it you will be on hand showing your Sox support at the Sky Dome? :cool:

Baby Fisk
05-06-2005, 03:16 PM
So I take it you will be on hand showing your Sox support at the Sky Dome? :cool:

Hell yeah! Friday & Sunday.

santo=dorf
05-06-2005, 03:34 PM
I wonder if Billy Botch will be there this weekend rooting for the Sox.

mccoydp
05-06-2005, 03:40 PM
I love Billy.

Pulaski
05-06-2005, 11:11 PM

I have come to realization many moons ago, that this city, state and country will always be a Cubs town. As long as I get to see the Sox on TV and they win, I could care less about any other team.

GO SOX.

PS. Lets stay focused on our team and not some second rate pitcher who hasn't won more the 14 in a season!

SouthSide4Life
05-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Blame Canada!

OKCidiot
05-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Look on the bright side... Tomorrow's headline will read: JAYS HORKED BY THE BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL

Take off, ya hosers!!!!!

White Sox Josh
05-07-2005, 12:57 AM
Can you post a link to the article?

seanpmurphy
05-07-2005, 04:54 AM
Kerry Who? Huh? Ohhh, that dude with all those elbow problems, and lack of wins. Got it.

:whistle:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-07-2005, 08:42 AM

It's May, there is no Stanley Cup playoffs, and the average Canadian (ien) is badly disoriented.

:redneck

bigfoot
05-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Just a guess,(too lazy to look it up),....

The Toronto Star:a Tribune Corp paper!

soxwon
05-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Hell yeah! Friday & Sunday.

i didnt see a lot of sox fans there?

those that went- how many showed up?