PDA

View Full Version : Can A-Rod curse be denied???

Fake Chet Lemon
05-06-2005, 09:44 AM
When A-Rod left the Mariners and they got better people took notice. Then the Rangers got him and became a perennial last place team. Some still said just coincidence, and he certainly won't take down the mighty Yankees so stop this crazy talk. Hummmmmm, seems like he has done a good job. Now I'm not saying he has single handedly taken down teams, they have many other problems. But he is a cancer. Agree? Also, if he was offered to the White Sox for FREE for the season right now I WOULDN'T take him!!! Agree? :?:

gosox41
05-06-2005, 09:55 AM
When A-Rod left the Mariners and they got better people took notice. Then the Rangers got him and became a perennial last place team. Some still said just coincidence, and he certainly won't take down the mighty Yankees so stop this crazy talk. Hummmmmm, seems like he has done a good job. Now I'm not saying he has single handedly taken down teams, they have many other problems. But he is a cancer. Agree? Also, if he was offered to the White Sox for FREE for the season right now I WOULDN'T take him!!! Agree? :?:

If the Sox can get A-Rod for nothing and pay nothing of his salary, I'd take him in a second. He may have issues, but I don't know if he's a cancer. I mean is it his fault the pitching sucks? The Yankee offense is producing and A-Rod is a big part of that.

Bob

Fake Chet Lemon
05-06-2005, 10:20 AM
If the Sox can get A-Rod for nothing and pay nothing of his salary, I'd take him in a second. He may have issues, but I don't know if he's a cancer. I mean is it his fault the pitching sucks? The Yankee offense is producing and A-Rod is a big part of that.
Bob

Yes, he's producing numbers. But I think that's also partly why he is a cancer. He puts his numbers ahead of the team. I just keep thinking of the Cubs-Sosa situation.

Baby Fisk
05-06-2005, 10:45 AM
A-Rod is more a burden than a curse or jinx. His contract is so mammoth, it prevents even the Skankees from getting the much-needed pitching that would help them. They need pitching. If Tampa Bay can see your 8 runs and light you up for 11 on a regular basis, your season is doomed. Doomed I tell you! :bandance:

NonetheLoaiza
05-06-2005, 11:50 AM
His contract is so mammoth, it prevents even the Skankees from getting the much-needed pitching that would help them.

I don't think inflation rising 900% could prevent the Yankees from spending more money on pitching.

I agree though, his contract is so enormous that it handcuffs the rest of the team. Only a team like the Yankees or Red Sox can actually afford to field a team other than A-Rod.

dcb33
05-06-2005, 12:05 PM
Curses? Curses don't exist and believing in them is for losers.

If curses did exist, however, I'd say the Yankees would be cursed much more by old age, no farm system, and a complete lack of quality pitching than by A-Rod.

Flight #24
05-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Simple answer to the question: Can XXXX curse be denied?

Yes.

maurice
05-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Seattle made the playoffs 3 times with ARod. Since then, he's toiled on teams with crappy and/or overrated starting pitchers, yet in his one full season with the Yankees, they won 101 games. We could use a curse like that.

wdelaney72
05-06-2005, 02:16 PM
White Sox fans should never even think of discussing curses. I like to think we're a little better then that.

:threadsucks

Fake Chet Lemon
05-06-2005, 02:32 PM
White Sox fans should never even think of discussing curses. I like to think we're a little better then that.

IT'S NOT SO MUCH A CURSE THREAD, but asking would A-Rod ruin any teams chemistry, using the White Sox as an example. And for all you discussing his contract demands, I meant the Yankees give us him AND pay his salary. I still wouldn't take him right now!

fquaye149
05-06-2005, 03:06 PM
IT'S NOT SO MUCH A CURSE THREAD, but asking would A-Rod ruin any teams chemistry, using the White Sox as an example. And for all you discussing his contract demands, I meant the Yankees give us him AND pay his salary. I still wouldn't take him right now!

You're crazy. A-rod is still the best shortstop in baseball, bar none. The only negative about him is his salary. Period. You are absolutely insane. I love Uribe, but you are the craziest human being alive to have said this:

And for all you discussing his contract demands, I meant the Yankees give us him AND pay his salary. I still wouldn't take him right now![/

INSANE.

You ever think it might not help the yankees that they have one of the greatest shortstops ever to play the game AT THIRD BASE?

Fake Chet Lemon
05-06-2005, 03:12 PM
You're crazy. A-rod is still the best shortstop in baseball, bar none. The only negative about him is his salary. Period. You are absolutely insane. I love Uribe, but you are the craziest human being alive to have said this:
You ever think it might not help the yankees that they have one of the greatest shortstops ever to play the game AT THIRD BASE?

I may be. But do you deny what occured in Seattle, Texas and NY? A-Rod had nothing to do with that??? How can people blow that all off? You can have a team of A-Rods, Albert Belles and Sammy Sosas. I'll take this White Sox bunch or any other squad that plays like a TEAM and do battle with your team and we'll see who is insane. The Illini were not a team of All-Stars, but they went pretty far playing it my way.

fquaye149
05-06-2005, 03:22 PM
I may be. But do you deny what occured in Seattle, Texas and NY? A-Rod had nothing to do with that??? How can people blow that all off? You can have a team of A-Rods, Albert Belles and Sammy Sosas. I'll take this White Sox bunch or any other squad that plays like a TEAM and do battle with your team and we'll see who is insane. The Illini were not a team of All-Stars, but they went pretty far playing it my way.

What occurred in Seattle and Texas was free payroll from no A-rod. And by the way, Texas ain't beating anyone's world even w/o the cancer A-rod.

What occurred in New York was a decline in pitching matched by the weakened defense caused by having a goldglover playing out of position.

This is crazy. Absolutely crazy. You won't take a gold glove ss w/ .300-40-120 numbers for zero payroll added because you think his "intangibles" are bad without having any evidence to support that?

maurice
05-06-2005, 03:28 PM
I repeat, Seattle made the playoffs 3 times with ARod. In his one year with the Yanks, they went 101-61 and won their division. Texas is not a playoff team with or without ARod.

ARod probably is the best player in baseball. The only downside to having him on your team is his salary.

HomeFish
05-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Oh man. His .300 average? His 10-RBI games? His surprisingly good defense for a guy who moved to his position last year?

Oh, the woe! Thank god we don't have to deal with that at 3B!

StockdaleForVeep
05-07-2005, 06:49 PM

The reasons the other teams took off so well is because of the trades for arod. Mariners also didnt just have arod, when they were winning they were built off the trades of griffey, arod and Johnson. When houston traded Johnson too, they got amazing pitching youth from it. Yankees and Arod did make the playoffs and nearly the world series last year.

Stroker Ace
05-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Curses? Curses don't exist and believing in them is for losers.

If curses did exist, however, I'd say the Yankees would be cursed much more by old age, no farm system, and a complete lack of quality pitching than by A-Rod. Yeah. The Yanks have no young pitching and too many overpaid players. Wonder if they are trying to win their division with power hitting. I think we all know how that strategy turns out.