PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs. Cubs series

A.T. Money
05-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Anyone going to the Urinal? I'm going 5/21. Got em on eBay tonight. Then I got 6/25 on Stub Hub at Comiskey.

It sucks you have to spend so much just to see a damn ballgame. The scalpers are making a killing.

gobears1987
05-05-2005, 10:27 PM
I'd have to miss my prom to go to the Friday game. NO way I'll do that.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-05-2005, 10:38 PM

prom will only be worthwhile if you .....dang this is a family page can't say it

DrCrawdad
05-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Looks like the Cubbies will face the Sox 2,3,4 pitchers, Garcia, Contreras, El Duque. I'm not sure about who'll the Cubbies will put out there since they've been rearranging their rotation.

DrCrawdad
05-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Looks like the Cubbies will face the Sox 2,3,4 pitchers, Garcia, Contreras, El Duque. I'm not sure about who'll the Cubbies will put out there since they've been rearranging their rotation.

From my calculation, I'd say it will be Prior, Zambrano & Dempster.

HebrewHammer
05-05-2005, 10:47 PM
I'll be there 5/20 at The Urinal and all three dates at US Cellular. These series can't happen fast enough. I've wanted revenge since last year's July debacle in which ScRubs "fans" were celebrating like they won the world series. That sucked, this year will be better.

JB98
05-05-2005, 10:49 PM

Ehhh.....prom sucks.

Baseball is way more important.

kittle42
05-05-2005, 10:57 PM
I have been to every game of this series since its inception (well, since they started counting). I will not miss any this year. I have Sec. 208 for Friday and bleachers for Sat and Sun. None for the Cell yet, but that's where Carl can come through!

DumpJerry
05-05-2005, 11:03 PM
I'm in a Diamond Suite at Comiskey for the Friday game, regular seats for the Sunday game.

I'm not worried who we have pitching, I could put my four year old nephew on the hump and he would beat the Flubs. They are a really, really, really bad team this year.

chisoxfanatic
05-05-2005, 11:04 PM
This is the first time in a while where I am NOT at all worried about any of these games. I think we are going to dominate them (that's right, and I'm sticking to my words). I'm gonna sit back, relax, and watch the Urinal games from my Bridgeport home (I refuse to go to that dump).

I wish I could go to a game at Comiskey; but, I've got a business trip to Austin, TX around that time, and I'd like to save some of that cash for sight-seeing down there...Otherwise, I'd go.

GiveMeSox
05-05-2005, 11:07 PM

Prom is overrated unless there is a good chance of getting laid.

chisoxfanatic
05-05-2005, 11:12 PM
Prom is overrated

Agreed...As is homecomming...I never went to any of those dances in H.S. It's all about the Sox in the warmer months (I even brought in a walkman to listen to the Sox broadcast during my H.S. graduation). :)

SoxxoS
05-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Prom is overrated unless there is a good chance of getting laid.

You think that's the theme this year for his prom?:D:

SoxWillWin
05-06-2005, 01:57 AM
From my calculation, I'd say it will be Prior, Zambrano & Dempster.
By the time we get to that series the Cubs may have to pull out Larry, Moe, and Curly

TDog
05-06-2005, 02:41 AM
Ehhh.....prom sucks.

The night of my Munster High School prom, I saw Carl "Bugs" Moran shut out the A's 2-0 in Old Comiskey. I didn't even have to rent a tux. And tickets were a lot cheaper then. More than 30 years later, I still have fond memories of prom night.

MUsoxfan
05-06-2005, 02:43 AM
I've got my tickets to the Crumbling Confines for the 22nd and I've already purchased my hardhat.

dllrbll7
05-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Ehhh.....prom sucks.

I totally disagree but i will leave it at that like Johnbasedow did but you dont know what your missin

SouthSideHitman
05-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Agreed...As is homecomming...I never went to any of those dances in H.S. It's all about the Sox in the warmer months (I even brought in a walkman to listen to the Sox broadcast during my H.S. graduation). :)

Although, I disagree about prom (I'm missing the Saturday and Sunday games vs. the Os for mine, although going to the Thursday one), you sound a lot like me. I snuck a radio and earbuds into my Junior High graduation to listen to a Sox-Royals game in 01, for high school looks like I'm just gonna have to tape it.

skottyj242
05-06-2005, 09:06 AM
During my prom I kept running out to the limo to see what the score was and the dean of discipline totally thought I kept going out to sneak a few drinks.

For the games against the Bad Guys I had Sunday at the Shrine but I have to go to a wedding. I will miss Friday and Saturday at Comiskey because I am standing up in weddings both nights (I had to rent two different tuxedo's) but I'll be there on Sunday.

SoxFan78
05-06-2005, 09:10 AM
I will be there on 5/21 with my two Sox buddies and my one "fan of both teams" friend.

It should be very intresting.

Iwritecode
05-06-2005, 09:11 AM
I went to prom 3 times. :redface:

Junior year(94), senior year(95), GF/wife's senior year(96).

As you can tell by the years, I didn't have to worry about missing the Sox games... :(:

wildcat
05-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Will be at the May 22 game.

I went to prom my junior and senior years, but baseball games would've been 10,000 times more fun!