Rudy Law
05-05-2005, 09:44 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3594830

Ol' No. 2
05-05-2005, 09:48 PM
***??? A week ago he thought the Sox were crap.:?:

Fake Chet Lemon
05-05-2005, 09:55 PM
At least he did some homework. He actually had some stats and some insight. Pretty rare on national articles about the Sox. A national writer who knows Dye is on the team, WoW! A good read, pretty fair,

MRKARNO
05-05-2005, 09:57 PM
***??? A week ago he thought the Sox were crap.:?:

By logic, if you (impersonal you) thought they were a .500 team going into the season and you think they will do just that the rest of the way, then they are still going to win 88 games. But I think everyone is starting to realize that it's more likely that the Sox will be able to do better than that over the course of the rest of the season, thus making 93-95 wins very likely.

Ol' No. 2
05-05-2005, 10:58 PM
By logic, if you (impersonal you) thought they were a .500 team going into the season and you think they will do just that the rest of the way, then they are still going to win 88 games. But I think everyone is starting to realize that it's more likely that the Sox will be able to do better than that over the course of the rest of the season, thus making 93-95 wins very likely.But it was just YESTERDAY that he had this to say in his power rankings:
Another week goes by and still the Sox have the best record in baseball. Still, some signs that it might not last: putrid .318 team OBP, no one slugging .500 on the entire team and poor strikeout-to-walk ratios for Orlando Hernandez and Jose Contreras.
A week ago he had this to say:
I still like the Twins in the Central over the long haul, but there's no ignoring a 16-4 start and the best run differential in the AL. The rotation as a group has a 2.65 ERA, which, even this early in the season, is fairly ridiculous. To boot, 12 of their 20 games have come on the road.
Bah!!!

MIgrenade
05-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Could be worse, he could still be looking for reasons why they will fail without any investigation at all. I'm happy he came around.