PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Thunder Sticks

Garlandfan33
05-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey is anyone going to the game where the Sox are giving away thunder sticks as the promotion. Or does anyone know how I could get my hand on a pair? I know they can be annoying but they are pretty neat.

jake27
05-05-2005, 07:36 PM
when i couldnt go to the game where they gave away the calanders, i emailed brooks and he sent me one, you might beable to do that.

Garlandfan33
05-05-2005, 07:47 PM
What is the e-mail for Brooks? Did you have do anything special or did he just send them to you? Thank for the advice.

jake27
05-05-2005, 07:57 PM
shoot i dont know his email off hand. but all i did was say i couldnt make it to the game because i was in college but have been getting the calenders for a couple years and id apprecite it if he would send me one. he said he fowarded my email to someone and i got it.

Garlandfan33
05-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks so much. I found his e-mail address on another thread heres hoping for good news:D:

shoota
05-05-2005, 08:02 PM
What is the e-mail for Brooks? Did you have do anything special or did he just send them to you? Thank for the advice.

bboyer@chisox.com

skobabe8
05-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey is anyone going to the game where the Sox are giving away thunder sticks as the promotion. Or does anyone know how I could get my hand on a pair? I know they can be annoying but they are pretty neat.

NO THUNDERSTICKS!

gobears1987
05-05-2005, 08:39 PM
I LOVE the thundersticks at NIU football games.

kevingrt
05-05-2005, 08:54 PM
NO THUNDERSTICKS!

Thundersticks were the rage when the Halos won it all, we don't need them, neither do we need a rally monkey. I would like a World Series Championship though

Garlandfan33
05-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Thundersticks were the rage when the Halos won it all, we don't need them, neither do we need a rally monkey. I would like a World Series Championship though

I know we don't need them and they are quite annoying but they are kinda a neat item to collect. Just to let anyone that wants to know, I received an e -mail from Brooks and said there was nothing he could do, said i should negoite with someone going, real funny down to earth guy. So again if anyone is going to that game feel free to tell me about it:D:

SoxFan76
05-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Sox fans don't need thundersticks to be loud. Have you heard a sold out Sox crowd cheer? I think we'll be fine without those things.

I do like them at NIU games though because the crowd is only rowdy in the student section. The whole other side of the stadium is filled with parents who don't really cheer. :D:

cbrownson13
05-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Please, no thundersticks! So annoying. So 2001.

I was actually having a conversation about these with my best friend (who happens to be a Cubs fan) the other day. He mentioned how annoying he thought they were too. He has some from the playoffs a couple years ago. He said they were selling them outside the stadium, but would not let them into the stadium. Something I think the White Sox should consider.

BainesHOF
05-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Thunderstix are one of mankind's worst inventions.

SOXPHILE
05-05-2005, 11:24 PM

What about a goat ?

PatK
05-06-2005, 11:37 AM
I think we just need rally socks. Like the "terrible towels".

ChicagoHoosier
05-06-2005, 11:48 AM
I'll tell you what is more annoying... Those "clapper" things people wear aroudn their necks, shaped like two hands, they bang togethr to make this annoying clapping sound! Let's outlaw THOSE first!

LVSoxFan
05-06-2005, 12:21 PM
THUNDERSTICKS ARE ABSOLUTELY ANNOYING, as are most artificial noise makers. I am totally AGAINST introducing this kind of thing to the Cell. I remember those things in an L.A. game last year and it was obnoxious.

And somebody in the Oakland series last week was blowing a horn the whole game while Sox batters were at the plate.

Like somebody said: I was at the game Wednesday with about 10,000 people and it sounded like 30,000. Once attendance picks up (it's going to), there will be PLENTY of noise.

chisoxmike
05-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Damn, I hate those things. I was at the Bulls game Wednesday and they are giving those stupid things out. Theres nothing like people banging those things right behind your head and that giving you a headache all freaking night.

skottyj242
05-06-2005, 01:07 PM
When the Wolves won the Calder Cup a few years back they gave them out and everyone was banging them, in a small, sold out place like the Allstate it was awesome but in a half empty Comiskey? No thanks.

Chrisaway
05-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Yeah I remember everyone waving socks over their heads in '93 (Bo Jackson). We should just bring that back (just make sure their clean socks).

GregoryEtc
05-06-2005, 03:02 PM
I got a fever.... and the only prescription ..... is MORE COWBELL!!!

http://members.shaw.ca/msilicz/cowbell.jpg

Foulke You
05-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Damn, I hate those things. I was at the Bulls game Wednesday and they are giving those stupid things out. Theres nothing like people banging those things right behind your head and that giving you a headache all freaking night.
Exactly. I was at a Wolves championship game a few years ago, and I had the people behind be banging those stupid sticks by my head the entire game. I was glad the Wolves won the cup but my ears hurt and I had a headache after the game. I prefer good old fashioned crowd cheering. How about giving out the White Socks instead like they did in '93? That is a lot better and less annoying than stupid thunder stix.

throwsoftjax
05-06-2005, 04:16 PM
i like the rally socks idea

joe250
05-06-2005, 05:50 PM
They were giving away rally socks on Opening Day, so the organization must like the idea as well.

Rocklive99
05-06-2005, 05:59 PM
In the past years I've gotten rally sox with the Sox logo on them when sitting in lower deck reserved. People would always come out of the bullpen sports bar and hand them out