PDA

View Full Version : My report from the Cell

NUCatsFan
05-05-2005, 06:50 PM
In case anyone wants to know :)

I got done with a job interview in town early, so my Dad and I went down to today's game. At 12:30 or so, the box office still had great seats available. Section 151, Row AA (first row, third base side, right near the corner). Great seats. Makes seeing balls and strikes nearly impossible, but that's ok. Nice warmish day for baseball. The Cell looks great....I haven't been there in nearly 3 years and I really like the improvements they made. The FUNdamentals area looks pretty nice from what I saw.

The mid-inning distractions weren't too bad. Nothing all that great, but there wasn't much to do. During the late innings, highlights of other completed games wouldn't be a bad idea, but that's all I can think of.

Crowd seemed alright, despite the small size. Got pretty loud during the 8th and 9th innings. There were a LOT of dumb fans yelling "Throw it back" on Tony's HR, but fortunately, the fan didn't do it. Stupid drunk guy behind us hurling profanity during most of the game with kids right across the aisle from us. In the 9th, I'd had enough when he started flipping off security. When I let those guys know, the guy (and his gf) kinda scampered away. Only wish I'd done that in the 7th inning!

Overall, a great experience, and a great game. Was a bit frustrating with the slumbering offense, but the Sox are a great fielding team and Jose was far more effective than he seemed during the game. Very happy to get to see a Sox winner!!

MUsoxfan
05-06-2005, 04:02 AM
Was a bit frustrating with the slumbering offense, but the Sox are a great fielding team and Jose was far more effective than he seemed during the game. Very happy to get to see a Sox winner!!

Greinke is a VERY tough pitcher. I thought for sure that the Tony G HR had it locked up at the time. Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time at the Cell and I'm sure all of us wish you can make it back more than once every 3 years:D: