PDA

View Full Version : White Sox lead 5 pm Sportscenter....

gf2020
05-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Strange, but true, but the Pale Hose highlights led off Sportscenter just now.

They then played fact and fiction and both Gammonds and Reynolds said it was a fact we would win 90.

But even when they are complimentary, they infuriate me. Reynolds said Konerko has been dynamite. Did he even look at the stat sheets?

gobears1987
05-05-2005, 05:05 PM
OK on ESPN they were asking whether or not the Sox will win 90 games. Both Gammons and some other analyst agreed in saying they will get 90 wins. Gammons said something intelligent in that it will depend mainly on the bottom 60% of the rotation. THe other guy said that the Sox good start is because of the great offense. He said Konerko and ROwand have been dynamite!!! LMAO. THis guy has probably only watched the 99 minute game and no others.

ChiWhiteSox1337
05-05-2005, 05:06 PM
It was nice to see. Harold Reynolds complimented the Sox offense, which was nice, but he said Konerko is dynamite. :?:

Ol' No. 2
05-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Did he even look at the stat sheets?Sure he did. Three weeks ago.

hose
05-05-2005, 05:11 PM
15 seconds should be enough to cover the 2 singles.

balke
05-05-2005, 05:13 PM
I thought for sure this games story would be all about Greinke... glad to see they mentioned Contreras' success and said we are legit. I'm still waiting to see how this month turns out before I go buy playoff tickets.

maurice
05-05-2005, 05:16 PM
90+ wins seems likely at this point. For the Sox to fail to win 90 games, they would have to collapse and play .500 ball or less for the rest of the season.

MUScholar21
05-05-2005, 05:21 PM
That's better than the 12a SportsCenter, when they buried us after the following baseball games/stories:

Bonds' knee
Giants-Diamondbacks game
Cardinals-Reds
Yankees-Devil Rays
Blue Jays-Orioles
Curt Schilling
Red Sox-Tigers

The White Sox came on at 12:26 CST for less than one minute.

It's about time we start getting some love.

bluestar
05-05-2005, 05:27 PM
That's better than the 12a SportsCenter, when they buried us after the following baseball games/stories:

Bonds' knee
Giants-Diamondbacks game
Cardinals-Reds
Yankees-Devil Rays
Blue Jays-Orioles
Curt Schilling
Red Sox-Tigers

The White Sox came on at 12:26 CST for less than one minute.

It's about time we start getting some love.

The Sportscenter I saw last night not only buried us deep into the broadcast, but while they talked about the Sox being the first 20-game winner, they also compared average attendance between the Sox and Cubs. Of course the Cubs are averaging about 10,000 more per game. So, while they finally managed to say something positive about the Sox, they tempered it with a negative about attendance, or lack thereof.

MUScholar21
05-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Not trolling here, so I will identify myself as a Twins fan ... I hate trolls, I will refrain from trollish behavior.

anyhow ...

As a Sox fan you should be happy that you have something to complain about, the AL Central never has gotten any props from SportsCenter ... the last 4 years Twins fans have been dealing with the same stuff. Gammons tosses the Twins some love from time to time, but otherwise there isn't much there.

so, count your blessings (while you can :tongue:) and enjoy having something to complain about.

(there, that wasn't too trollish, was it?)

You guys are the reason we don't get any love-they all kissed the Twinkies ass and said this was their year. Now we can only hope Gammons momentarily confuses the White Sox with the Red Sox to get some pub.

MRKARNO
05-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Not trolling here, so I will identify myself as a Twins fan ... I hate trolls, I will refrain from trollish behavior.

anyhow ...

As a Sox fan you should be happy that you have something to complain about, the AL Central never has gotten any props from SportsCenter ... the last 4 years Twins fans have been dealing with the same stuff. Gammons tosses the Twins some love from time to time, but otherwise there isn't much there.

so, count your blessings (while you can :tongue:) and enjoy having something to complain about.

IIRC Gammons, Klapisch AND Stark all picked you guys to win it all this year.

But yes in general I would have to agree that the ALC has been collectively dissed since the Tribe last won in 2001.

downstairs
05-05-2005, 05:57 PM
They have to go 69-64 (or 0.519) the rest of the season... Hard to believe they won't.

kojak
05-05-2005, 05:57 PM

anyhow ...

Welcome aboard Harvey!

See you in October.
:cool:

daveeym
05-05-2005, 05:58 PM
The Sportscenter I saw last night not only buried us deep into the broadcast, but while they talked about the Sox being the first 20-game winner, they also compared average attendance between the Sox and Cubs. Of course the Cubs are averaging about 10,000 more per game. So, while they finally managed to say something positive about the Sox, they tempered it with a negative about attendance, or lack thereof. Hmm that means theres been at least 6-8k empty seats per game at wrigley. Couldn't be.

daveeym
05-05-2005, 06:01 PM
They have to go 69-64 (or 0.519) the rest of the season... Hard to believe they won't. I like that stat. I really don't see 100 being out of the picture.

Ron Karkovice
05-05-2005, 06:05 PM
OK on ESPN they were asking whether or not the Sox will win 90 games. Both Gammons and some other analyst agreed in saying they will get 90 wins. Gammons said something intelligent in that it will depend mainly on the bottom 60% of the rotation. THe other guy said that the Sox good start is because of the great offense. He said Konerko and ROwand have been dynamite!!! LMAO. THis guy has probably only watched the 99 minute game and no others.

I thought these guys were making some good points until Harold said that Konerko has been dynomite (what is he? 0-his last 25 or something?), then i turned the channel to a crappy episode of the simpson's.

jackbrohamer
05-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Gammons said something intelligent in that it will depend mainly on the bottom 60% of the rotation.

So if their #3, 4 and 5 starters pitch well the team will have success. Brilliant!

soxwon
05-05-2005, 06:24 PM

right now if we play .500 for the season we will have 83 wins
last week it was 86 wins, so we slipt a little

BRDSR
05-05-2005, 06:27 PM

Wrong. If we finish the season 14 games over .500, which we are now, we'll finish at 88-74.

fusillirob1983
05-05-2005, 06:27 PM
The Sox will end with 88 wins if they remain 14 games over .500.

DSpivack
05-05-2005, 06:28 PM

Are you sure? Quick math in my head says 88:
21+7=28

162-28=134

134/2=67

67+21=88

EDIT: And I'm the third one to post. Ack for being slow.

JoseCanseco6969
05-05-2005, 06:54 PM
I thought these guys were making some good points until Harold said that Konerko has been dynomite (what is he? 0-his last 25 or something?), then i turned the channel to a crappy episode of the simpson's.

did any of you notice that on the sox main site, konerko is listed as a poll option for april MVP???? the first option mind you.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=cws

I guess if our own team's site cant get it right, then we cant expect any more from expert ESPN idiots.

and idiot fans actually voted for him
Paul Konerko (7 HRs)
571 votes (4%)

571 complete morons!

DSpivack
05-05-2005, 06:58 PM
did any of you notice that on the sox main site, konerko is listed as a poll option for april MVP???? the first option mind you.

I guess if our own team's site cant get it right, then we cant expect any more from expert ESPN idiots.

Paul Konerko (7 HRs)
571 votes (4%)

571 complete morons!

Every team has some idiot fans, of course the Sox would be less. If it's just 4%, that isn't too bad, is it?

Iguana775
05-05-2005, 07:20 PM
If Koney and Rowand have been dynomite, I'd hate to see them in a slump.

skobabe8
05-05-2005, 07:24 PM
If Koney and Rowand have been dynomite, I'd hate to see them in a slump.

Who's Koney? :?:

gobears1987
05-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Who's Koney? :?:
Konerko

Norberto7
05-05-2005, 07:30 PM

Paul Konerko (7 HRs)
571 votes (4%)

571 complete morons!

Only 4% of Sox fans are morons? Man, how do they always get stuck in my section? Crap, maybe there's a moron section, and I'm part of it... :unsure:

DaleJRFan
05-05-2005, 08:36 PM
On the evening edition of SportsCenter, Boston Gammons and Reynolds talked extensively with Dan Patrick about how the Sox are for real. Talked about the rotation, how its nearly impossible for them to win less than 90 games, etc... went over the lineup and said "Paul Konerko has been huge"

Think they know he is hitting 190???

:?: WOW :?:

RedPinStripes
05-05-2005, 08:39 PM
I saw that. LOL! Did he bother to look at Paul's numbers?

Bobbo35
05-05-2005, 08:41 PM
That just shows that they shoot stuff off the top of their head.

tacosalbarojas
05-05-2005, 08:43 PM
On the evening edition of SportsCenter, Boston Gammons and Reynolds talked extensively with Dan Patrick about how the Sox are for real. Talked about the rotation, how its nearly impossible for them to lose more than 90 games, etc... went over the lineup and said "Paul Konerko has been huge"

:?: WOW :?:That's some serious street cred right there. Someone fit those dummys for dunce caps. Tadahito...it starts with a T boys, learn it. Now he's been big for us. The Big Genuflect, Carl Everett, he's been big for us. Paulie, he of the 0-25 Paulie's, he'll be big for us in September.

NonetheLoaiza
05-05-2005, 08:44 PM
That just shows that they shoot stuff off the top of their head.

No joke. That is evidence right there that they haven't paid attention at all. Replace Paulie's name with Carl, and they sound like they are paying attention. Little details like that irk me.

AntoneSmith2
05-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Good to see were getting something at least.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-05-2005, 08:57 PM
forget those jerks at espn and si. why do we even care about their opinion? just read the damn trib and find out sox news that way. or come here, or go to the game. if we never get national coverage i won't give a damn

flo-B-flo
05-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Doesn't matter to me if the EVER mention the SOX. The team is playing great and frick overrated sports university. GO-GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!

Viva Medias B's
05-05-2005, 09:03 PM
We're the lead story on BBTN.

CubsSuckSoBad
05-05-2005, 09:04 PM
We dont need or want media exposure...

Konerko has been huge??? What...maybe for the first 10 games, but they forget that we've played 17 games since then...they are only paid to cover 5 teams in the majors anyway....

Ozzie has the team in the right mindset...

We dont need any of those distractions...all it is going to bring is bandwagon jumpers anyway...

Similar to everyone with the Illini this year....what a shame

:gulp:

tacosalbarojas
05-05-2005, 09:09 PM
We're the lead story on BBTN.
Yeah, and they piggybacked the **** on the back end of our story. Get the **** the hell out of my feature.

popilius
05-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Gammons said that the Sox got Freddy Garcia from the Seattle in a trade for "Jeremy Garcia."

:?:

Daver
05-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Gammons said that the Sox got Freddy Garcia from the Seattle in a trade for "Jeremy Garcia."

He's a churro vendor IIRC.

DaleJRFan
05-05-2005, 09:20 PM
actually, I thought that was a really good feature... its about time... and they were seemingly eating CROW! :angry:

Some quotables:
"I didn't think they would be this consistant"

"If they go fifty-fifty over the rest of the season, around 140 games, they're in the playoffs..."

Kenny got some serious props too, for making moves before other GMs are even thinking about their moves. Do you think Kenny is sitting on his lazyboy, drinking a cold one with a jar of peanuts sayin' "hey... thanks guys..."

maurice
05-06-2005, 12:52 PM
"Paul Konerko has been huge"

Maybe they were talking about the size of his ass. :redneck

JoseCanseco6969
05-06-2005, 12:56 PM

I also thought i heard it but quickly dismissed it thinking that Boston knew better than that. I guess he really did say that...unbelievable. Do these guys go on SC without notes and just improvise as they go along?

Flight #24
05-06-2005, 12:57 PM
He's a churro vendor IIRC.

Damn that KW, he's absolutely pillaged our churro staff!