PDA

View Full Version : Sox Gameday Tix

VivaOzzie
05-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Hey all, Im just finishing up school and going to be heading home to Chicago sometime in the next week. We have a homestand against Baltimore and Texas while I'll be home, but because of all this graduation crap, Im not exactly sure when Ill be able to make it out to the ballpark.

My question is, is it easy to get fairly decent tickets at the box office if I just show up on gameday? And, if so, where is a good place to sit on a last-minute basis like this? Thanks a lot. Cant wait to see the Sox up close!! :gulp:

pinwheels3530
05-05-2005, 03:47 PM
I hope there is still tickets left for Sundays game. Expect huge walk ups for the series especially on kids day.

LVSoxFan
05-05-2005, 03:50 PM
This might sellout, but one piece of advice I can give you is to walk all the way around to the South end of the park (where the entrance to the Bullpen Bar is) and buy your tickets at the window there.

The window at Gate 4 and the one in the parking lot (North) will be absolutely swamped (unless the weather's horrible) and you will stand there for at least two innings watching the slow-as-molasses TM employees--between them and people who walk up to the window having no clue where they want to sit, you'll rot there forever.

JMO.

Tekijawa
05-05-2005, 03:53 PM
The Baltimore series is pretty close to sold out, I would imagine that the Texas Series should get back to normal attendance though. I'd shoot for those especially Half Price Monday!

DumpJerry
05-05-2005, 03:57 PM
If you go to the window 45-30 minutes before the start of the game and they tell you only 500-level tickets are available, ask the person to check again. Turn-ins pop up left and right at this time and I have often scored behind Home Plate on the 100-level I have gotten lucky this way more than once at the last minute at sold-out games.

NUCatsFan
05-05-2005, 05:29 PM
went to today's game with my Dad. We managed to score 2 in section 151 (3rd base, most of the way down the line), front row. Not bad at all for day-of tix.