PDA

View Full Version : Boyer On Joe Mock

Lip Man 1
05-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Gang:

Remember the exchange between one of the posters at WSI and Joe Mock? I forwarded the info on to Brooks as an FYI.

Here is his reply to me...another example of how this guy 'gets it.' Ultimately this will turn out to be the best hire in Uncle Jerry's 25 year reign.

Mark,

Thanks for the heads up.

Jason,

Thanks for coming to our defense.

I will put our ballpark experience up against anyone in the Major Leagues. Every ballpark has something unique. The most challenging marketing issue this organization faces is perception. Ultimately, until someone comes here and experiences it for themselves, they carry those perceptions.

Who the hell is Joe Mock anyway?

Anyone who has been here knows better. I doubt we have lost any ticket sales due to his opinions. Regardless, thanks for your note.

I wish you both all the best.

By the way, at 20-7, Joe Mock’s opinions are meaningless.

Brooks

DaveIsHere
05-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Gang:

Brooks

Precisely!!

Palehose13
05-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Great response. Brooks is perfect for this organization.

Ol' No. 2
05-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Gang:

Remember the exchange between one of the posters at WSI and Joe Mock? I forwarded the info on to Brooks as an FYI.

Here is his reply to me...another example of how this guy 'gets it.' Ultimately this will turn out to be the best hire in Uncle Jerry's 25 year reign.

Mark,

Thanks for the heads up.

Jason,

I will put our ballpark experience up against anyone in the Major Leagues. Every ballpark has something unique. The most challenging marketing issue this organization faces is perception. Ultimately, until someone comes here and experiences it for themselves, they carry those perceptions.

Anyone who has been here knows better. I doubt we have lost any ticket sales due to his opinions. Regardless, thanks for your note.

Brooks

For the benefit of those of us who missed it, who the hell is Joe Mock and what was his beef?

Uncle_Patrick
05-05-2005, 01:57 PM
For the benefit of those of us who missed it, who the hell is Joe Mock and what was his beef?

joe Mock wrote a book ranking ballparks. He also has a website. Wrigley at or near the top of his last while US Cellular is near the bottom. He and skobabe8 had a bit of a battle via email over his critiques of the Cell.

The Racehorse
05-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Brooks is great... can he play SS, just in case? :cool:

Baby Fisk
05-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Joe Mock: lust for glory. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49116)

mcfish
05-05-2005, 02:17 PM
joe Mock wrote a book ranking ballparks. He also has a website. Wrigley at or near the top of his last while US Cellular is near the bottom. He and skobabe8 had a bit of a battle via email over his critiques of the Cell.More importantly, why is skobabe8's name Jason? Am I the only one who thought that he was a girl until I saw that email? :(:

cbrownson13
05-05-2005, 02:36 PM
More importantly, why is skobabe8's name Jason? Am I the only one who thought that he was a girl until I saw that email? :(:

I actually met him and his girlfriend at the game last Friday on the escalators. Nice guy.

Uncle_Patrick
05-05-2005, 04:38 PM
More importantly, why is skobabe8's name Jason? Am I the only one who thought that he was a girl until I saw that email? :(:

I admit, with the "babe" in his name, I assumed it was girl, too, before seeing his email to Joe Mock. I'm sure there's a story behind it.

DumpJerry
05-05-2005, 05:33 PM
I actually met him and his girlfriend at the game last Friday on the escalators. Nice guy.
How did you know it was him? Did I miss WSI Name Tag Day?:?:

hose
05-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Gang:

Mark,

Thanks for the heads up.

Jason,

Brooks

"Brooks gets it." sums it up perfectly :wink:

hose
05-05-2005, 05:54 PM

Looks like Rob Goldman isn't the only one getting fooled on user names.:rolleyes:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-05-2005, 06:01 PM
"Brooks gets it." sums it up perfectly

:gallas
"Where's the love, guys?"

Ol' No. 2
05-05-2005, 06:03 PM
:gallas
"Where's the love, guys?"OK. I L-O-V-E the fact that he's gone.

paciorek1983
05-05-2005, 06:28 PM
I've emailed Mr. Mock in the past as well. He wasn't as jerky as I saw in the posts here. I am disappointed with his attitude, as well as so many other books, atricles, etc. regarding ballparks, that I have seen over the last few years. Most don't even mention or have pictures about the renovations, and the articles and such have been recent.:(:

Brooks is right though. There is a perception about our organization and our ballpark. I know that Brooks gets it and will do his best to change the negativity. The best way of course, is for the Sox to continue winning, so more people come out to experience our great ballpark.

skobabe8
05-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Anytime, Brooks! :D: Skobabe was just a high school sports nickname. You know if you cheer someone on and you say "Nice job, baby" or "Good defense, baby". My last name ends in 'sko', so the 2 just kinda came together. Sorry for all the confusion.

cbrownson13--it was good meeting you too. Which is ironic because I started a thread a week or so ago about a WSI secret signal, and if people asked strangers if they were members. That was the first time I ever asked someone, and I had a winner! ( The frank thomas auburn jersey gave me a good feeling) We were trying to remember what you said your name was after we got home and we couldnt do it for the life of us. But I remembered the '13'!

Lip--Thanks for letting Brooks know about the incident! :supernana:

kevingrt
05-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Brooks is easily one of the best marketing PR genius in baseball, how the hell did we get this guy! I love him!!!

Brian26
05-05-2005, 11:26 PM
The one thing Gallas truly deserves credit for, even to this day, is that he FINALLY got our uniforms fixed. They were magnificent in 1991, and they still are magnificent.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-05-2005, 11:41 PM
brooks rocks

DumpJerry
05-05-2005, 11:59 PM
cbrownson13--it was good meeting you too. Which is ironic because I started a thread a week or so ago about a WSI secret signal, and if people asked strangers if they were members. That was the first time I ever asked someone, and I had a winner! ( The frank thomas auburn jersey gave me a good feeling) We were trying to remember what you said your name was after we got home and we couldnt do it for the life of us. But I remembered the '13'!
You know, everytime I'm at the game and I see a real hard core Sox fan, I ask them if they know about WSI. To a person none have ever heard of it. Last Saturday, I was walking by a tailgate party and the grillmaster had a Sox jersey with the number 69 on it with the name "Cubs Suck" on the back. He was wearing a black (current model) Sox hat with "F*** the Cubs" enbroidered on the back. His sun screen on the back of his SUV was Calvin pissing on the Cubs' logo. He never heard of WSI, but one of his buddies told him there is a website that had the Calvin guy doing his thing on the Cubs logo.

I'll keep asking people when I get a chance at the game if they are WSI material.....one day, I'll meet someone!

cbrownson13
05-07-2005, 10:10 AM
How did you know it was him? Did I miss WSI Name Tag Day?:?:

It was weird. We were going up the esaclators inside gate 4 and I had my Frank Thomas Auburn jersey on. He mentioned something about my jersey and then said, "WSI?". I was like, yeah! So we chatted for a bit and then went our seperate ways.

skobabe8
05-07-2005, 11:21 PM
It was weird. We were going up the esaclators inside gate 4 and I had my Frank Thomas Auburn jersey on. He mentioned something about my jersey and then said, "WSI?". I was like, yeah! So we chatted for a bit and then went our seperate ways.

LOL :D: I was kinda nervous! Like I said, I've always wanted to ask but I never have before. I looked at my girlfriend right before I said that and she gave me the head nod, like "Yeah, I think he's one of us", so I just kinda whispered "WSI?" hahahaha!

ewokpelts
05-08-2005, 12:14 PM
The one thing Gallas truly deserves credit for, even to this day, is that he FINALLY got our uniforms fixed. They were magnificent in 1991, and they still are magnificent. you also have to give him credit for turn back the clock day....
Gene

TornLabrum
05-08-2005, 12:42 PM
you also have to give him credit for turn back the clock day....
Gene

According to Lip and others, he got that particular idea from a 12-year-old.

Stroker Ace
05-08-2005, 12:53 PM
What a great response from Brooks. This guy rocks!