PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 5/5

Lip Man 1
05-05-2005, 01:31 PM
"We're up by an average of 2,000 over last April, and that was with the Yankees in town. I see a positive trend and I won't base the support solely on a Kansas City series."--Brooks Boyer to Mark Gonzales / Chicago Tribune.

Amen!

If they stay in the race, 2.3 million....and the problem is what again?

Lip

BRDSR
05-05-2005, 01:33 PM
I for one am looking forward to two games with the AL East leading Orioles next Saturday and Sunday to celebrate the end of school. I'll be sitting in my usual right field seats in great heckling position for Sammy Sosa. Most importantly, all four of those games have already sold 30,000 and the Saturday game is already sold out for all practical purposes. They're going to be great.

doublem23
05-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Brooks understands it. Rebuilding this franchise's fanbase is not something that's going to happen in a month and a half... This is a good start, but it's not the end all be all.

tacosalbarojas
05-05-2005, 01:35 PM
"We're up by an average of 2,000 over last April, and that was with the Yankees in town. I see a positive trend and I won't base the support solely on a Kansas City series."--Brooks Boyer to Mark Gonzales / Chicago Tribune.

Amen!

LipNot only that, we've had some really crap game days weather-wise. Those below 50 degree days just slay us when it comes to attendance.

Iwritecode
05-05-2005, 01:39 PM

Amen!

Lip

What are you talking about? This team is the best team in baseball! They should have 35,000 fans in the seats every night! If this team fails to reach the 3 million mark then it will be a great disappointment. I mean geez, who cares that they've only played 1 good month of baseball right after 4 seasons of missing the playoffs!

Foulke You
05-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Not only that, we've had some really crap game days weather-wise. Those below 50 degree days just slay us when it comes to attendance.

Yep, you have the worst team in the AL in town to play us, and freezing weather at night. Throw a Bulls home playoff game in the mix and together, that is not a good recipe for walk up sales. The media was just waiting for the one lackluster attendance series to complain about this again. When there are huge crowds for all 4 Baltimore games, they won't mention it at all.

tacosalbarojas
05-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Yep, you have the worst team in the AL in town to play us, and freezing weather at night. Throw a Bulls home playoff game in the mix and together, that is not a good recipe for walk up sales. The media was just waiting for the one lackluster attendance series to complain about this again. When there are huge crowds for all 4 Baltimore games, they won't mention it at all.Or worse, they'll say how we're all be there to see Samuel. Wrong again.

pinwheels3530
05-05-2005, 01:48 PM
When we draw huge crowds this summer I wonder were all the attendance bashers will be hiding.

Palehose13
05-05-2005, 01:51 PM

Amen!

Lip

Brooks Knows...

this fanbase. :smile:

32nd&Wallace
05-05-2005, 01:52 PM
The Orioles and Blue Jays had 17,000 Tuesday night. This was in a city that has one, first place baseball team playing against a division rival. This is a problem that is not exclusive to the White Sox.

Ol' No. 2
05-05-2005, 01:57 PM

Amen!

LipI'd project it bigger than that. Excluding the Yankees' games, the Sox averaged less than 17,000 in April of last year. This year they averaged 22,000. Plus, attendance really dropped off last year after they tanked. If they can keep it up, I'd say 2.6M+ is not deep pink territory.

itsnotrequired
05-05-2005, 02:08 PM
To date, Sox attendance up 1,741 when compared to the same number of home games in 2004. Not to shabby considering the Sox have yet to play a "major" opponent (i.e. Yankees) at home this year.

Iwritecode
05-05-2005, 03:15 PM
I'd project it bigger than that. Excluding the Yankees' games, the Sox averaged less than 17,000 in April of last year. This year they averaged 22,000. Plus, attendance really dropped off last year after they tanked. If they can keep it up, I'd say 2.6M+ is not deep pink territory.

That is definitely deep pink territory IMHO.

As it stands right now they would have to average 33,500 until the end of the season to hit 2.6M. I just don't see that happening with a season ticket base of around 12,000.

I'll be happy to make 2M+. I think 2.3 is a realistic goal if they stay in contention.

:)

shoota
05-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Keep in mind, not only will the Sox most likely top last year's attendance, but they'll receive even more profits because the raised prices for games against good teams, and for all weekend games after memorial day. Thanks Brooks!

mr_genius
05-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Yep, you have the worst team in the AL in town to play us, and freezing weather at night. Throw a Bulls home playoff game in the mix and together, that is not a good recipe for walk up sales. The media was just waiting for the one lackluster attendance series to complain about this again. When there are huge crowds for all 4 Baltimore games, they won't mention it at all.

no, they'll mention it... but they will attribute the crowds to cubs fans going to see sosa.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-06-2005, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE=Palehose13]Brooks Knows...[QUOTE]

Sounds like a T Shirt Premise, don't it??

Brooks' shirt says this on the front, on the back, is the Sox Pride or the WODT line.

Kenny's shirt, says, Kenny Knows....on the back, a black and green RADAR screen.

Foulke You
05-06-2005, 03:25 PM
no, they'll mention it... but they will attribute the crowds to cubs fans going to see sosa.
You may be right here. I already read in the Sun-Times a reporter saying Cub fans are expected to be out in force when the Orioles come to US Cellular and may boo Sammy. ***? Sox fans have been booing Sammy for years, so now if he gets booed in our park, the credit goes to Cub fans booing him?:?: