PDA

View Full Version : A Letter from Unlce Jerry

doublem23
11-07-2001, 12:46 AM
Someone please buy the team from this man.. Please (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?GXHC_gx_session_id_=04a3b03f97b 2a181&article_id=cws_20011104_reinsdorf_news&team_id=cws)

In other words: pretty please, come to Comiskey Park. It's you fans, yeah, it's all your fault. Now come on back and help us help you. Cmon. Ticket prices aren't that bad... and we'll try and make the guys like Mansoo Lee sign autographs... Cmon.

Jerry_Manuel
11-07-2001, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
we'll try and make the guys like Mansoo Lee sign autographs... Cmon.[/i]

That's going to be tough considering he isn't with the Sox anymore. Well he is but I believe he is scouting in Korea. So that's a no go Jerry.

HootieMcBoob
11-07-2001, 01:14 AM
yeah, we got that letter in the mail along with some really cheezy pamphlet/ magazine with a bunch of corny pictures with captions like "determination." It was laughable-- anyone else get this alsong w/ that note from reinsy?

GASHWOUND
11-07-2001, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Someone please buy the team from this man.. Please (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?GXHC_gx_session_id_=04a3b03f97b 2a181&article_id=cws_20011104_reinsdorf_news&team_id=cws)

In other words: pretty please, come to Comiskey Park. It's you fans, yeah, it's all your fault. Now come on back and help us help you. Cmon. Ticket prices aren't that bad... and we'll try and make the guys like Mansoo Lee sign autographs... Cmon.

I'm wondering if Reinsy even wrote that.
I didn't get the feeling he was blaming us in that particular letter but he is an idiot. Telling us that this past season was a disappointment(DUH!!) And again telling us we have a young, great team that will be in contention next year. What else is he gonna say?! That we don't have a future, we suck, and we don't plan to make the playoffs??? He's just stating the obvious. Pretty cheesy.

longshot7
11-07-2001, 03:29 AM
yeah, it looks like a "please buy season tickets" letter to me...

LongDistanceFan
11-07-2001, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by longshot7
yeah, it looks like a "please buy season tickets" letter to me... for what when there might not even be a season next yr.