PDA

View Full Version : Can Kenny see into the future

twsoxfan5
05-05-2005, 09:14 AM
With Valetin out now for 8-10 weeks with a severly sparined knee, not to mention Maggs being out for at least another two months with a "sports hernia" the Sox line-up would be hurting (pun intended) if we still held on to these guys. It was a gamble for Kenny to let them go, but for now he looks like a genius.

Palehose13
05-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Yes.

fquaye149
05-05-2005, 09:18 AM
no. with his multi-million dollar deal and strikeouts galore Jose would have hurt us even if he hadn't missed an inning. (some might say he would hurt us more if he hadn't missed an inning).

Getting rid of Valentin was automatic. It was just his time to go.

Ol' No. 2
05-05-2005, 09:25 AM
no. with his multi-million dollar deal and strikeouts galore Jose would have hurt us even if he hadn't missed an inning. (some might say he would hurt us more if he hadn't missed an inning).

Getting rid of Valentin was automatic. It was just his time to go.They probably would have liked to get rid of him a year earlier, but they didn't have a viable alternative. It was obvious that they brought in Uribe last year to be his replacement.

elrod
05-05-2005, 09:31 AM
Valentin would have been gone regardless. And the Maggs situation wasn't really KW doing it right so much as getting lucky that Boras was so obtuse. Once Maggs went down Kenny wasn't about to make any offers to him. The real issue is the Lee-Pods trade, with all the fallout. So far, so good.

Gym Shoe
05-05-2005, 10:42 AM
KW hasn't won jack, still, to this date. The jury is still out
(anyone notice what an extra 15 mil can do, too?)

We averaged around 60 for the last few years. This year is 75. HUGE difference

HomeFish
05-05-2005, 10:45 AM
I guess the ESP went offline for the Koch trade, eh?

Tekijawa
05-05-2005, 10:48 AM
I'm holding out to see how well Olivo and Reed end up doing this year!

Baby Fisk
05-05-2005, 10:49 AM
The Force is strong in that one.

swanson24
05-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Kenny Williams as been on the money so far. Let's hope it continues! :cool:

Malgar 12
05-05-2005, 12:12 PM
With Valetin out now for 8-10 weeks with a severly sparined knee, not to mention Maggs being out for at least another two months with a "sports hernia" the Sox line-up would be hurting (pun intended) if we still held on to these guys. It was a gamble for Kenny to let them go, but for now he looks like a genius.

Sorry but it wasn't much of a gamble. Valentin (as much as I liked him) was old and obviously in decline. There is not point having a shortstop who can't field or hit. Maggs was coming off a career threatening injury (Not to mention he's already 31) and wanted $15 million a year. Again that is a painful but obvious call.

Kenny is not clairvoyant, he's smart.

Soxzilla
05-05-2005, 12:15 PM
KW hasn't won jack, still, to this date. The jury is still out
(anyone notice what an extra 15 mil can do, too?)

We averaged around 60 for the last few years. This year is 75. HUGE difference

Homefish, why do you feel the need to register two accounts... I mean, come on.:redneck

One is definitely enough.