PDA

View Full Version : How long does Dusty last?

Viva Medias B's
05-05-2005, 08:26 AM
I say that if the Evil Empire continues in this slump, Dusty is gone by the All Star Break.

Uncle_Patrick
05-05-2005, 08:30 AM
I don't see it happening. Dusty's got too many supporters/apologists. They remember that Dusty "managed" them to back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in 3 decades. Unless they really, really slump, I think he finishes out the season.

FedEx227
05-05-2005, 08:37 AM
If Kerry Wood has gotten 7 years out of one goodstart...

Dusty could probably get another 10 for 2003.

Hangar18
05-05-2005, 12:12 PM
If the Chicago White Sox continue to be the story of the summer, the story
of major-league baseball and the summer story of CHICAGO instead of the Cubs, the Chicago Media will lead an all-out, all-guns-blazing assault to have him removed. The Chicago Media is VERY UPSET AND FRUSTRATED at the slow start the Blue Machine is having. Compounding this, is the absolutely amazing start the White Sox are having instead and its putting them in a VERY PRECARIOUS position. They are realizing that they may actually HAVE to give the Sox MORE coverage. Make no mistake, theyre PISSED,
and still refuse to do so. For years, the Media has given that other team 4x the amount of coverage and column space over the SOX. Why? No real reason, they just like them. But after some complained, the Media simply said it was because the team was more popular and they were "winning", and that if the SOX started "Winning", we would see the scales tip in favor of our beloved SOX.

Well, we knew it was all BullJive, as the Blue Corporation has still astoundingly still been able to get MORE coverage than the White Sox, even though the SOX started out red-hot, while the other team is flat and losing.
The Medias pissed, and it will be THE MEDIA, who will run Dusty out of town.
Remember all the negative publicity that all seemed to come from everywhere
regarding a former RF for the other team? Look for the same media witch-hunt to commence shortly if the SOX keep winning and getting ESPN spotlites.

Lip Man 1
05-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Dusty will not get fired. To many built in excuses...namely 'injuries.'

Lip

Flight #24
05-05-2005, 04:03 PM
In a timely fashion, this is being discussed here (http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=20595&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75).
Actually, a couple of insightful comments from the Chub faithful on "Genius" Jim Hendry, including: "When you come into an offseason with a bad offense, a terrible bullpen, and injury concerns left and right, and then throw all your eggs in a basket comtaining 2 starters who were injury-riddled in 2004, a 5th starter who is coming off major surgery, a shortstop who wasn't healthy all year last year, and a closer who hasn't thrown over 90 mph due to injuries in over a year and then get some sort of a free pass when they predictably get injured yet again. "

Good point, IMO.

SoxSpeed22
05-05-2005, 04:04 PM
If the Chicago White Sox continue to be the story of the summer, the story
of major-league baseball and the summer story of CHICAGO instead of the Cubs, the Chicago Media will lead an all-out, all-guns-blazing assault to have him removed. The Chicago Media is VERY UPSET AND FRUSTRATED at the slow start the Blue Machine is having. Compounding this, is the absolutely amazing start the White Sox are having instead and its putting them in a VERY PRECARIOUS position. They are realizing that they may actually HAVE to give the Sox MORE coverage. Make no mistake, theyre PISSED,
and still refuse to do so. For years, the Media has given that other team 4x the amount of coverage and column space over the SOX. Why? No real reason, they just like them. But after some complained, the Media simply said it was because the team was more popular and they were "winning", and that if the SOX started "Winning", we would see the scales tip in favor of our beloved SOX.

So, the fans and the media have not changed. 2 of the 3 reasons I'm staying on this side. 2002, 3 years ago! They're begging for the Cubs to hire someone worth a $#*% and they do. Now the fans and the media can't wait to get rid of him. Granted he runs things pretty crookedly, but San Fransisco knew that. That did not take long for their window to slam shut.
Typical Hangar post. What you want will happen.

seanpmurphy
05-05-2005, 04:12 PM
I hope they keep Dusty as long as possible. Baker equals tallies in the L column in the standings for the Cubs. It's good that they're beginning to get brought back down to earth where they belong, I just hope when all the bandwagoners jump ship, they don't try climbing aboard the Sox Submarine as we stay below the surface of media attention

RKMeibalane
05-05-2005, 07:28 PM
I don't think it happens until 2007, at the earliest. If the Cubs don't win this season, Baker has the injuries to fall back on. If they struggle next season, Cubs management will give Dusty "one last chance" to redeem himself, and so 2007 will mark the end of his run, at which time he will return to the West Coast to manage the Oakland A's.

Banix12
05-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Dusty is gonna be here for awhile. One bad season is forgivable after two winning ones, even in the frenzy cubs fans are in. Next season he'll get fired if they don't succeed.

Now the Hitting Coach. He should start checking the classifieds because he's gone in about two weeks.

White Sox Josh
05-05-2005, 09:00 PM
No because he is making $4 Million a year. They aren't going to eat that money so no way.

Ol' No. 2
05-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Dusty will not get fired. To many built in excuses...namely 'injuries.'

LipDusty won't get fired just because the team sucks. He'll get fired because he has no control over the team, and he makes them look ridiculous. Management types will put up with a lot, but being made to look ridiculous is not one of them.

Mohoney
05-06-2005, 01:22 AM
I think that Bob Brenly will be managing the Chicago Cubs by August 1.