PDA

View Full Version : Farmer on Mike and Mike

owensmouth
05-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Ed Farmer is about to be interviewed on Mike and Mike in the Morning.

SoxOnTop
05-05-2005, 08:18 AM
Ed Farmer is about to be interviewed on Mike and Mike in the Morning.

Gotta love it. Even in the interview he's off on tangents.

owensmouth
05-05-2005, 08:18 AM
Greenberg calls the White Sox the opposite of the New York Yankees story.

Golic and Farmer immediately talk about ND.

Farmer credits Cooper for pitching staff. Farmer talking about "Taguchi"/"Aguchi". Also mentioned St Louis player.

Talks about Ozzie. You know what you're getting.

Greenberg giving props to Buehrle. Farmer compliments the rest of the starting staff.

I'd call it a very complimentary interview with all three of them saying very good things about the White Sox.

Over By There
05-05-2005, 08:35 AM
Agreed it was a nice interview. Farmer spoke well about the Sox and defended Ozzie. Nice to hear a voice on a national program defending the Sox. One of the things he said was that if a player doesn't want to play for Ozzie, he's sure the Sox will oblige him. Then he went on to compliment KW for the unsung job he did putting this team together.

Good stuff to start the morning. :smile:

kevingrt
05-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Agreed it was a nice interview. Farmer spoke well about the Sox and defended Ozzie. Nice to hear a voice on a national program defending the Sox. One of the things he said was that if a player doesn't want to play for Ozzie, he's sure the Sox will oblige him. Then he went on to compliment KW for the unsung job he did putting this team together.

Good stuff to start the morning. :smile:

Positive vibes in the national media you got to love it! Finally they're starting to board the White Sox bandwagon. I just can't wait till we fly North for the Scrubbies and sweep them. Everyone will be loving us except for the 100 or so Scrubbie fans that will be left in this awesome city known as Chicago!

rwcescato
05-05-2005, 09:36 AM
Positive vibes in the national media you got to love it! Finally they're starting to board the White Sox bandwagon. I just can't wait till we fly North for the Scrubbies and sweep them. Everyone will be loving us except for the 100 or so Scrubbie fans that will be left in this awesome city known as Chicago!

Are you kidding me. The whole town will talk about how great Wrigley field is. And actually the cubs lost but wrigley field won. This town and the media only care about one baseball team and its not ours. I just hope we keep winning all the way until November.
Rich:supernana:

wdelaney72
05-05-2005, 09:56 AM
What we need is a trip to the NY Urinal and have our two Cubans shut down that overpaid group of turds.

StepsInSC
05-05-2005, 11:00 AM
I just started listening to them this year after buying the MLB radio....and since I'm always studying while listening to games I havn't yet figured out which one is which. Is he the one who loves talking about himself? I remember recently hearing about his daughter going off to Japan or something, and he just kept going off down these completely irrelevant paths of conversation. It was entertaining, however. :D:

chaerulez
05-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Hopefully the White Sox start getting more media attention now.

MUScholar21
05-05-2005, 11:18 AM
What are you talking about, start getting media attention? They have been getting TONS!So I was bored last night, and took the time to sit down and watch and note the order of stories last night on the 12 am SportsCenter. This is they way it went up to the White Sox:

12:02-:05 Bulls-Wizards
:05-:08 Spurs Nuggets
:08 Spurs-Sonics Preview
:09-10 Jerry Buss Interview (shortened version, longer one appeared later)
:10-:12 Commercial break/preview for rest of show

:12-:15 Barry Bonds
:15-:16 Giants DBacks game
:16-:17 Cardinals-Reds game
:17-:18 Kellen Winslow story
:18-:19 NFL Notes
:19-22 Commercial/preview (still not one word of the White Sox)

:22-:23 Yankees-Devil Rays game
:23-:24 Blue Jays-Oriole's game
:24-:25 Curt Schilling news/update
:25-:26 Red Sox Tigers

and finally, for less than one minute, we got White Sox highlights at 12:26a!
Good thing they don't have any biases or anything. Thought you guys might be interested in the fact that I have too much free time.

Stroker Ace
05-05-2005, 11:25 AM
What we need is a trip to the NY Urinal and have our two Cubans shut down that overpaid group of turds.

Which one? Both of them have godawful stadiums and overpaid turds.:D:

hawkjt
05-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Listening to Ed Farmer be interviewed is his broadcasts in a nutshell. Greeny asks him about the pitching and he talks about gooch. Greeny asks him about Ozzzie going over the manger speak line and he rails about ozz getting rid of guys. He clearly has difficulty processing the questions asked or something. I thought it was funny. Greeny asked him if the sky was blue and he replied that organ donation is great. Just kidding. He has ADD. IMHO.