PDA

View Full Version : Win a Jersey Wednesday. You win anything?

Sox of White
05-05-2005, 02:03 AM
I went to the game wednesday with a friend of mine, and we each won two upper deck ticket vouchers. I was just wondering if we happened to both win by coincidence or if they were just going nuts on handing out the upper deck tickets? Also, anyone out there win a jersey?!?

DannyCaterFan
05-05-2005, 10:01 AM
My wife and I were each handed a coupon when we entered the stadium, but all we won was a discount at the US cellular store.:angry:

tromcoe
05-05-2005, 10:03 AM
20 % Discount only

ChicagoHoosier
05-05-2005, 10:34 AM
20% discount here too. :(:

kevingrt
05-05-2005, 10:38 AM
It seems like everyone wins something... that's a pretty good idea. I just want to find a fan that won a jersey though.

joe250
05-05-2005, 11:07 AM
My buddy and I each won the free upper deck vouchers, as well as being witnesses to a wedding proposal (she said yes). Good times! :D:

Sox of White
05-05-2005, 12:45 PM
That discount at the cellular store is pretty lame. Who goes to the game to buy cell phones? Anyways, still looking for anyone who won a jersey...

SSN721
05-05-2005, 01:04 PM
I won the ticket vouchers, not a bad, deal, walk in and get two free tickets.:smile:

ramorgan1
05-05-2005, 01:20 PM
two of my buddies went (i was there tuesday and couldn't go yesterday) but one of them won a jersey, the other one won 2 free tix.

the guy who won went to get his jersey (which are supposed to be game-worn jerseys) -supposedly since they're currently on a winning streak with their black jerseys, no one wants to give them up... so what they ended up doing was giving out autographed pin-striped jerseys. you go there and pick a bag, and randomly get whatever jersey is in the bag... they got Uribe.

Funny side note - afterwards they saw a mom who had won and she had like an 8-year old kid with her who was just crying and sobbing and wouldn't quit. they went up to her and asked what's wrong. apparently her bag had a Carl Everett jersey in it and this eight year old kid HATES carl everett. so they were nice and traded the kid their Uribe jersey so that the kid would be happy...

stupid carl everett... always making the kids cry.

Sox of White
05-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Funny side note - afterwards they saw a mom who had won and she had like an 8-year old kid with her who was just crying and sobbing and wouldn't quit. they went up to her and asked what's wrong. apparently her bag had a Carl Everett jersey in it and this eight year old kid HATES carl everett. so they were nice and traded the kid their Uribe jersey so that the kid would be happy...

That was nice of your friends. And the way I see it, an Everett jersey is just as good as an Uribe jersey. It's cool to see someone actually did win those jerseys though. I think I'll definitely be going to more win a jersey wednesdays.

eurotrash35
05-05-2005, 04:20 PM
two of my buddies went (i was there tuesday and couldn't go yesterday) but one of them won a jersey, the other one won 2 free tix.

the guy who won went to get his jersey (which are supposed to be game-worn jerseys) -supposedly since they're currently on a winning streak with their black jerseys, no one wants to give them up... so what they ended up doing was giving out autographed pin-striped jerseys. you go there and pick a bag, and randomly get whatever jersey is in the bag... they got Uribe.

ROFL

This is probably the funniest thing I've read all day.

I want Mags back
05-05-2005, 04:49 PM

http://img153.exs.cx/img153/2477/63496121ft.jpg

I LOVE CARL EVERETT

BarbG
05-05-2005, 05:00 PM

If either of my kids had pulled that at that age all they would have won is a one-way ride home to bed with nothing. After they gave the jersey to another child who knows what appreciation is. Maybe if the kid hates Carl Everett they don't need to go to his games. Carl loves kids, that's a shame.

My daughter proudly wore her Carl Everett-autographed jersey to the game last night. Besides some jerk needing a Crede foul ball so bad he literally took it out of her hands we had a great time. We LOVE Carl Everett.

ma_deuce
05-05-2005, 05:50 PM
My daughter proudly wore her Carl Everett-autographed jersey to the game last night. Besides some jerk needing a Crede foul ball so bad he literally took it out of her hands we had a great time. We LOVE Carl Everett.

:everett:

"I love you too, BabG. So much so, that I'm gonna tear the arms off the guy who took that ball from your kid using only my teeth. Taking a kid's ball... Carl don't play that."

Tekijawa
05-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Besides some jerk needing a Crede foul ball so bad he literally took it out of her hands we had a great time. We LOVE Carl Everett.

Mam that was Mark Teahen, 3rd baseman for the Royals, it's his job to catch foul balls! lol:redneck