PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy! ESPN will tell us about OBP!

Huisj
05-05-2005, 12:46 AM
Tomorrow night, Baseball Tonight will have a special discussion about why "On base percentage is such an important part of today's world." (Yes, I think that's the actual quote from Karl Ravich as he ended the show just now).

So in other words, they're going spend an hour telling us that the Yankees and Boston should be good and the Sox are bad, despite what win-loss records say.

I can't wait to hear their expert analysis on this. Maybe Harold Reynolds and John Kruk will even go out on their rubber infield and demonstrate good technique on how to draw a walk!

MUsoxfan
05-05-2005, 12:48 AM
We heard this last year when they said that even though Frank had a really high OBP, it was the bad kind of OBP because he was a station to station player. I've seen this movie before, and I really don't want to see it again for it to tell me how much the Sox suck despite their record

Chisox003
05-05-2005, 12:52 AM
I dont even watch this **** anymore

I used to love the show, but its getting out of hand...I gave it a chance last night, only to see KRUK ANALYZING THE WHITE SOX ATTENDANCE (Against the royals, a AAA team at best, on a tuesday night in early may when kids have school the next day, and its 14 degrees below zero....Perfect timing fat ass) Give me a BREAK!

Please, lets stay under the radar

S05X

batmanZoSo
05-05-2005, 12:57 AM
We heard this last year when they said that even though Frank had a really high OBP, it was the bad kind of OBP because he was a station to station player. I've seen this movie before, and I really don't want to see it again for it to tell me how much the Sox suck despite their record

Brilliant. That is too funny, I remember that. The bad kind of OBP. Oh, there's a bad kind? You morons. Whatever we do, it's wrong.

balke
05-05-2005, 01:27 AM
Its just like how Barry Bonds 200+ walks are a bad thing..

ClaudelSleptHere
05-05-2005, 02:26 AM
Although this guy wrote an article earlier this week dissing the Sox, everything he writes is not total crap (Scroll down to the headline "You Can't Spell Unwatchable Without ESPN). Although this was written a year ago, it seems more relevant today...

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/nnq-3may04/

StillMissOzzie
05-05-2005, 03:16 AM
Tomorrow night, Baseball Tonight will have a special discussion about why "On base percentage is such an important part of today's world." (Yes, I think that's the actual quote from Karl Ravich as he ended the show just now).

And the FOBB circle-jerk has been scheduled...

SMO
:gulp: