PDA

View Full Version : Who's Doing Road Trips?

soxwon
05-04-2005, 11:12 PM
Who is hittin the road with the sox?

i might go to clev in july, prob end the season there also.

Anyone going to Colorado or San Diego?

house215
05-04-2005, 11:15 PM
I've never actually seen an MLB game outside of Chicago so this summer I'm planing to catch the Sox in either Cleveland, Detroit, or KC.

MUsoxfan
05-04-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm likely to either do a quick trip to either Cleveland or the Trashbag Dome up in MN. Last year was Fenway....I want to go somewhere closer to see them play this year

Dibbs
05-04-2005, 11:19 PM
I almost went to Minnesota, almost went to KC, almost took off to Toronto for the weekend, thought about going to Tampa and visit family and catch a D-Rays/Sox game.

Too many almosts so I planned a roadtrip and bought tickets 8/10 vs Yankees and 8/12 vs Boston. I haven't seen those parks yet so it will be fun!:bandance:

I would like to go to Detroit or Cleveland if they clinch it on the road the last week of the season.

EDIT: I guess you could count the Friday game at Wrigley I am going to.

shaunburnette
05-04-2005, 11:20 PM

I moved to San Francisco 4 months ago and got tickets to the Oakland series right away. I was that the Buerhle / Hardin game. Rough one!

One of my best friends moved to Orange County before I came out here so I am going down to visit him when the Sox play down in San Diego and I got tickets for the June 11th game.

I am really excited to see the team and hoping Big Frank is back by then also.

Hopefully this time I will see a winner!

NDSox12
05-04-2005, 11:25 PM

I will be in Tampa next Monday night! I will also see the Sox in Baltimore for three of the four games the last weekend in July. That won't exactly be a road trip for me since I live near DC.

The real challenge for me is returning to see the Sox in Chicago. Right now I'm leaning towards the weekend of July 8-10 vs. Oakland, but we shall see.

santo=dorf
05-04-2005, 11:25 PM
I rarely travel, but my friend in the marines is head back out to San Diego after the second of June, so we have been talking about going to the 3 game set at Petco. :supernana:

JB98
05-04-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm thinking of going to Cleveland right after the All-Star break, but it all depends on the cash flow. We'll see.

WikdChiSoxFan
05-04-2005, 11:29 PM
I think I have probably 3 car loads of sox buds heading out to Cleveland after the All-Star Break...

CHISOXFAN13
05-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Im off to Tampa Friday and will see the Sox on Monday.

I am so jacked!

swanson24
05-04-2005, 11:36 PM
In respone to Sox Won's comment about visiting the Sox in Cleveland, "awesome"! The Jake is a really cool ballpark, after the game you should check out the restaurant Cooperstown which is owned by Alice Cooper! It has some pretty cool memorabilia!

Viva Medias B's
05-04-2005, 11:40 PM
I'm going to New York to see them play on 8/9 and 8/10.

Chisox003
05-04-2005, 11:41 PM

I am also heading out to Cleveland in July, the series right after the All Star break...Cant wait

MUsoxfan
05-04-2005, 11:44 PM
I am also heading out to Cleveland in July, the series right after the All Star break...Cant wait

I think I might have to do that as well. I'll be in St. Louis (wearing my Cardinal red) the 22nd when they play the Northside ballclub to see Busch before it goes. Summer=road trips

pinwheels3530
05-05-2005, 03:33 AM
I will probably go see the Southsiders play in Minneapolis & Detroit. I would really love to see the Sox in S.D. and Colorado!

MUsoxfan
05-05-2005, 03:37 AM
I would really love to see the Sox in S.D. !

I saw that Southwest had a great promo that's really tempting to take advantage of. That looks like an amazingly sweet park

C-Dawg
05-05-2005, 05:38 AM
I will most likely try to make it to a game or two in Cleveland.... In recent years I've seen the Sox at KC, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Minnesota, so it leaves Cleveland as the last place that's reasonably close driving distance (maybe they can do an interleague series in St. Louis or Cincinnati someday).

Busch Stadium is also on my list this year for sure, although I DON'T want to see the Cubs :cool: There's already too many fans of the Evil Empire going down there every time to make it miserable.

nccwsfan
05-05-2005, 06:33 AM
2 1/2 months until the annual roadie to Baltimore- will see 3 of the 4 games...

Ditka311
05-05-2005, 06:34 AM
I will most likely try to make it to a game or two in Cleveland.... In recent years I've seen the Sox at KC, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Minnesota, so it leaves Cleveland as the last place that's reasonably close driving distance (maybe they can do an interleague series in St. Louis or Cincinnati someday).

Busch Stadium is also on my list this year for sure, although I DON'T want to see the Cubs :cool: There's already too many fans of the Evil Empire going down there every time to make it miserable.

Hi Class, my name is Ditka311 and I am also a Soxaholic. Nice site you guys have going here, can't believe I just stumbled upon it now..

Anyway, I am going down to Busch on Memorial Day weekend with the gf (who I am convinced only goes to games to spend my money!!) and some others.

My other road trip was in ST. We went to Miller Park the weekend before the season opener.

soxjim
05-05-2005, 06:47 AM

I will be going to SanDiego. I know its early to talk clinching may go to Detroit or Cleveland in September. I miss the trips to Milwaukee. We as SOX fans conduct ourselves better than cub fans this is from Brewer fans.

ChiSoxGirl
05-05-2005, 08:15 AM
I saw that Southwest had a great promo that's really tempting to take advantage of. That looks like an amazingly sweet park

I went to PetCo Park last June- I have family in the San Diego area and was visiting for a First Communion. Personally, I loved the ballpark... very old school-looking. My uncle, on the other hand, is very displeased with it- his season tickets (in the first row of upper deck) have an obstructed view and he doesn't like the ambiance, therefore he didn't renew his plan. However, he scored us great seats that night- right behind the luxury seats along the first baseline, which were fabulous!

I say take advantage of the deals on Southwest and treat yourself to a great trip! If you go down there, let me know and I'll tell you where to hang out. But, definitely head into The Gaslamp Quarter, which is mere blocks from the ballpark- there are a ton of restaurants and bars to hang out in before & after games. :cheers:

http://www.livejournal.com/userpic/29207745/1194436
White Sox Baseball- Smart Ball is what we do best and it's paying off; 20-7!

White Sox Record with me in attendance: 2-0!

The Racehorse
05-05-2005, 08:49 AM
2 1/2 months until the annual roadie to Baltimore- will see 3 of the 4 games...

I've had my tickets for the games in Baltimore for months... I'll be there for all 4 of them. :bandance:

D. TODD
05-05-2005, 09:00 AM
I will be at Camden Yards the last weekend of July, and the Homer Dome Sept. 16 - 18. Always a good chance to shoot up to Detroit or Cleavland for a given series as well. San Diego is about 50/50 right now, but I'm trying to work it out to make the trip.

skobabe8
05-05-2005, 09:36 AM
Hi Class, my name is Ditka311 and I am also a Soxaholic. Nice site you guys have going here, can't believe I just stumbled upon it now..

Anyway, I am going down to Busch on Memorial Day weekend with the gf (who I am convinced only goes to games to spend my money!!) and some others.

My other road trip was in ST. We went to Miller Park the weekend before the season opener.

:welcome: :cheers: Welcome aboard. You're one of us now.

jake27
05-05-2005, 09:50 AM
im going to try to go to a game in detroit, possibly cleveland, depending on money... and if my car doesnt fall apart

EastCoastSoxFan
05-05-2005, 09:56 AM
...so far I have tickets to games in Baltimore and New York

Sox record with me in attendance:
Camden Yards: 2-4 (ouch!) ; Yankee Stadium: 2-0 ; The Vet: 2-0 ; Skydome: 1-0 ; Comerica Park: 1-0 ; Milwaukee County Stadium: 3-0 ; Comiskey/The Cell: No idea...

wildcat
05-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Went to Cleveland for their opening day against the Sox. My parents live near there and are big Indians fans. Also saw one of the exhibition games in Milwaukee. Looks like the plan for the summer (so far) includes Detroit in June, KC in July, and New York in August. And maybe another Cleveland trip for good measure. One of my college roommates lives in San Diego, but she'll actually be in Chicago during the series in June, so no free place for me to stay in SD and no trip.

Baby Fisk
05-05-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm dragging a buddy to Comerica Park on Thursday 30 June. Detroit...YES! :bandance:

comiskey2000
05-05-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm headed to Cleveland in July as well. Sounds like tons of WSIers will be there. Should be lots of fun.

HITMEN OF 77
05-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Taking a road trip TO Chicago mid-late June for the LAD, KC, Cubs games. Also the end of August I'll be in Seattle for the weekend series. Anyone coming out west?

Foulke You
05-05-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm headed to Fenway Park in Boston on August to see our Sox beat up on the Carmines for all 3 games. This will be my 3rd trip to Beantown to see the White Sox play and they won both series in '02 and '03 so hopefully we can keep that going. I can't wait.:cool:

tacosalbarojas
05-05-2005, 12:33 PM
I went to PetCo Park last June- I have family in the San Diego area and was visiting for a First Communion. Personally, I loved the ballpark... very old school-looking. My uncle, on the other hand, is very displeased with it- his season tickets (in the first row of upper deck) have an obstructed view and he doesn't like the ambiance, therefore he didn't renew his plan. However, he scored us great seats that night- right behind the luxury seats along the first baseline, which were fabulous!

I say take advantage of the deals on Southwest and treat yourself to a great trip! If you go down there, let me know and I'll tell you where to hang out. But, definitely head into The Gaslamp Quarter, which is mere blocks from the ballpark- there are a ton of restaurants and bars to hang out in before & after games. :cheers:

White Sox Record with me in attendance: 2-0!I'm there for all three games - incredibly excited about it. I've heard nothing but good things about the park.

maurice
05-05-2005, 01:05 PM
We've already been to Tucson and Milwaukee, and will be part of the huge Chicago contingent in SD.

Doobie148
05-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Taking a road trip TO Chicago mid-late June for the LAD, KC, Cubs games. Also the end of August I'll be in Seattle for the weekend series. Anyone coming out west?

My husband and I are flying into Seattle 8/27 and will be at the game on 8/28.

HITMEN OF 77
05-05-2005, 02:10 PM
My husband and I are flying into Seattle 8/27 and will be at the game on 8/28.

We'll have to meet up before/after the game if you want.

ChiSoxGirl
05-05-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm there for all three games - incredibly excited about it. I've heard nothing but good things about the park.

My uncle, who is a native Chicagoan and has been living in the San Diego area for nearly 30 years, plans on making it out to at least one of those games. I'd LOVE to go with him. Hmmm... now there's a thought! We'll see what happens, though.

If you need any info. on where to go, anywhere in the city, let me know because I can totally point you in the right direction. :smile:

Doobie148
05-05-2005, 02:31 PM
We'll have to meet up before/after the game if you want.

That would be great! Send me a PM and we'll figure something out.

Hangar18
05-05-2005, 02:41 PM
If you go down there, let me know and I'll tell you where to hang out. But, definitely head into The Gaslamp Quarter, which is mere blocks from the ballpark- there are a ton of restaurants and bars to hang out in before & after games. :cheers:
White Sox Record with me in attendance: 2-0!

I will be in SAN DIEGO and im still looking for a SOX Friendly bar to host
a pre/post game party during the series.

Kittle42 and FarmerAndy have talked about the CLEVELAND trip at the AS Break, im down with that!

Im also going to NEW YORK Aug 8th-10th, then .......
I'll be in BOSTON Aug 12-14th. I cant wait, that will be a true road trip.

I will for sure be in MINNESOTA in September, for what could be a special
series in September.

mweflen
05-05-2005, 02:50 PM
CLE (already done), DET, KC, NYY and maybe MIN if doable. Also the URINAL for one game.

soxwon
05-05-2005, 06:18 PM
I almost went to Minnesota, almost went to KC, almost took off to Toronto for the weekend, thought about going to Tampa and visit family and catch a D-Rays/Sox game.

Too many almosts so I planned a roadtrip and bought tickets 8/10 vs Yankees and 8/12 vs Boston. I haven't seen those parks yet so it will be fun!:bandance:

I would like to go to Detroit or Cleveland if they clinch it on the road the last week of the season.

EDIT: I guess you could count the Friday game at Wrigley I am going to.

oh we will have it clinched weeks before that.

fusillirob1983
05-05-2005, 06:22 PM
I think Cleveland in July

3rd_Gen_Sox_Fan
05-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Looks like I have a business trip to Huntington Beach lining up the week of 5/23 so I hope to catch at least one game in Anaheim.

I live in Denver so I will be going to at least 2 out of 3 at Coors.

Now a road trip to see the Sox at Sox Park, I'll have to see if I can work that out...

Saw a game in Oakland last year - the one on the Shingo commercial with the liner right back at him, Oakland in the old school yellow jerseys, the only one the sox won in the series - we planned a trip to my future in-laws around it.

robiwho
05-05-2005, 09:39 PM
We're going to Cleveland in July. Looks like there'll be lots of Sox Pride at those games!

Parrothead
05-05-2005, 09:40 PM
I will be in SAN DIEGO and im still looking for a SOX Friendly bar to host a pre/post game party during the series.

Will be in San Diego too. Let us know if you find a Sox friendly bar.