PDA

View Full Version : Aaron's Amigos

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Has anyone else seen these guys? i see them at every game i watch and at tonight's game they were on the big screen 3 times. Everytime i see them i cheer. Tonight they were in the bleachers and they're always wearing sombreros and holding that sign.

MRKARNO
05-05-2005, 12:07 AM
We have so many Hispanic players on this team and a group called the "amigos" is for Aaron Rowand? Anyone else see something wrong in this?

SOX ADDICT '73
05-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Has anyone else seen these guys? i see them at every game i watch and at tonight's game they were on the big screen 3 times. Everytime i see them i cheer. Tonight they were in the bleachers and they're always wearing sombreros and holding that sign.

Those guys are my students! They made that sign with posterboard from my classroom. They will be out-of-their-minds thrilled when I show them this thread tomorrow. :wired:

TaylorStSox
05-05-2005, 12:12 AM
We have so many Hispanic players on this team and a group called the "amigos" is for Aaron Rowand? Anyone else see something wrong in this?

The irony's funny.

house215
05-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Those guys are my students! They made that sign with posterboard from my classroom. They will be out-of-their-minds thrilled when I show them this thread tomorrow. :wired:

Where do you teach?

Rocklive99
05-05-2005, 12:14 AM
So what happened to Crede's Crew, still the same, Pod Squad, something else, or nothing?

LuvSox
05-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Crede's Crew was the best one. Those guys were nuts.

batmanZoSo
05-05-2005, 12:16 AM
MRKARNO We have so many Hispanic players on this team and a group called the "amigos" is for Aaron Rowand? Anyone else see something wrong in this?

Alliteration before racial orientation.

MRKARNO
05-05-2005, 12:17 AM

But what about Timo's Amigos?

MUsoxfan
05-05-2005, 12:21 AM

I actually find that quite catchy. But there's some underlying stereotype there

LuvSox
05-05-2005, 12:24 AM

He doesn't play enough

SOX ADDICT '73
05-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Where do you teach?
In Lansing, IL (don't want to say exactly where, in case the boys have been misbehaving and making enemies).

The batman's got it right - they were going for the alliteration angle, rather than the cultural connection.

And if TaylorStSox is amused by irony, he'll be happy to learn that the "Amigos" are a bunch of Dutch kids. :D:

!Winning=Fung!
05-05-2005, 12:33 AM

Tell me exactly what's wrong with this. So you want Aaron's "whitey's" ? Ask Aaron if he is bothered by this. I'm Mexican and happened to sit near them last friday. It was 40 degrees and we all stayed til the last pitch. Don't hate on us loyal fans. We are supporting the team along with everyone else here. I'd like to see you go ask them the same damn question when you show up.

Should I ask for permission to have Iguchi as my favorite player, even with all my fellow Hispanics on the team? This international team is going to win us the "World" Series. Irony my a**.

WikdChiSoxFan
05-05-2005, 12:33 AM

that's hysterical...

but seriously...aaron's apostles will be making an appearance when I get 12 of my buds together and secure some robes. Then all that is left to do is draw up a little pic of 33 walkin on water...

over the top, perhaps, blasphemous, probably, but too funny to pass up

ChicagoHoosier
05-05-2005, 12:35 AM

I was truly hoping those guys were either WSIers or someone knew them. Goes to show how much I enjoy this website and the connections to the players and fans!

batmanZoSo
05-05-2005, 12:37 AM

I agree completely. Definitely do it.

LuvSox
05-05-2005, 12:40 AM
aaron's apostles will be making an appearance when I get 12 of my buds together and secure some robes. Then all that is left to do is draw up a little pic of 33 walkin on water...

That's TOO funny, you have to do that!!!!!!!!

CleeFan101
05-05-2005, 01:18 AM
I miss Crede's Crew... anyone know those guys? They really didnt show up much last year except for that series in Florida oddly enough, anyways if anyone knows those guys get them back in action because Crede's Crew is number 1 :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

basilesox
05-05-2005, 01:31 AM
In Lansing, IL (don't want to say exactly where, in case the boys have been misbehaving and making enemies).

The batman's got it right - they were going for the alliteration angle, rather than the cultural connection.

And if TaylorStSox is amused by irony, he'll be happy to learn that the "Amigos" are a bunch of Dutch kids. :D:

I used to go to high school in Lansing.....Is it TF South?

SOX ADDICT '73
05-05-2005, 01:38 AM
I used to go to high school in Lansing.....Is it TF South?
Nope, but not far. I was actually at TF South taking pictures of a track meet last week. One of the Amigos was running the 100M high hurdles. :cool:

Kogs35
05-05-2005, 01:41 AM
that's hysterical...

but seriously...aaron's apostles will be making an appearance when I get 12 of my buds together and secure some robes. Then all that is left to do is draw up a little pic of 33 walkin on water...

dude thats awesome,and too funny

fusillirob1983
05-05-2005, 01:44 AM
Nope, but not far. I was actually at TF South taking pictures of a track meet last week. One of the Amigos was running the 100M high hurdles. :cool:

I'm almost 100% sure what school it is, and I must say there's some good track and cross country athletes that come out of that school. Unfortunately, I witnessed it firsthand .:(:

StockdaleForVeep
05-05-2005, 02:22 AM

What ever happened to them

Id like to see wolf or padilla join our team so i can see the sox rendition of the wolf pack or padilla floatilla

Rocklive99
05-05-2005, 02:33 AM
Okay, now you have to do the Aaron's Apostle thing, it's too awesome! I'm religious and laughed when I read it. You'll def get TV time, and I'm sure ARow will get a kick out of it. Haha, nice idea

Sox of White
05-05-2005, 02:33 AM
So what happened to Crede's Crew, still the same, Pod Squad, something else, or nothing?

Yeah, I was wondering about that today at the game. What did happen to Crede's Crew? They were dope. The girl that went with me to the game likes Garland and Podsednik, so we were trying to think of cool names for them. Pod Squad is dope. Any suggestions for Garland?

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Im gunna get dessed up in a suit along with a few of my friends and we're gunna start paulie's posse this summer.

Either that or Konerko's Klan

Palehose13
05-05-2005, 09:26 AM
that's hysterical...

That is great. If you need an extra body, let me know!

SSN721
05-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Garland's Gauchos if we want to keep with the spanish theme. :cool:

FedEx227
05-05-2005, 09:29 AM
2 years ago my buds and I went to about 3-4 games as the 'Daubach Disciples'

we're looking for some names to go as this year, any suggestions??

sti3
05-05-2005, 09:36 AM
I need to get a picture taken with these guys, as my first name is Aaron.

wdelaney72
05-05-2005, 10:03 AM

Maybe when he learns to hit a sac fly with runners in scoring position and 1 out.

Baby Fisk
05-05-2005, 10:28 AM
Blanket Statement: You people are awesome. :smile:

kevingrt
05-05-2005, 10:36 AM
I was truly hoping those guys were either WSIers or someone knew them. Goes to show how much I enjoy this website and the connections to the players and fans!

"It's a small world after all"... actually I won't break into that song, but you got to love this board and the passion and love from all the Sox fans. It is so nice to read this board when we are winning!

Uncle_Patrick
05-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Im gunna get dessed up in a suit along with a few of my friends and we're gunna start paulie's posse this summer.

Either that or Konerko's Klan

Hmmm...Konerko's Klan.....hmmmm

I think Paulie's Posse might be a better choice. "Klan" tends to bring out negative feelings.

wdelaney72
05-05-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm taking me 4 yr old to Sunday's game. I'm all up for being a member of Aaron's Apostles. Or, it should be Buehrle's turn in the rotation. How about "Buehrle's Band". We could all dress up in overalls and guitars / banjos.

I agree, Crede's crew was the best. At least there's something out there this year, and they were creative. I love "Aaron's Amigos".

Also,
:threadrules:

zach23
05-05-2005, 01:10 PM
The Amigos are on the same ticket plan as me and sit in the seats right next to us.

Lip Man 1
05-05-2005, 01:19 PM
This obviously is a tribute to the original ' Ozzie's Amigo's' which were a group of fans that would serenade Ozzie when he played. They to wore sombreros and would bring brooms when the Sox were in position to get a sweep.

Lip

Soxzilla
05-05-2005, 01:23 PM
that's hysterical...

Only if the 13th one is a black guy...named rufus.:redneck

tacosalbarojas
05-05-2005, 01:45 PM
2 years ago my buds and I went to about 3-4 games as the 'Daubach Disciples'

we're looking for some names to go as this year, any suggestions??That's crazy hardcore! How about Burke's Brothers?

skottyj242
05-05-2005, 01:47 PM
The Tuesday night a couple of weeks ago me and a buddy of mine sat in left field and we had cowboy hats and holsters (they confiscated the toy guns at the gate), we had a sign that said POD'S POSSEE. Everytime Scotty got on base we put bandana's over our face and if he steals a base we get the six guns a blazin. A bunch of people I work with think it's the dumbest idea they've ever heard of but we told a couple of our friends and they're all down with it.

skottyj242
05-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Only if the 13th one is a black guy...named rufus.:redneck

Very good Kevin Smith reference by the way.

Any just to let you guys know the Brewers are beating the Cubs 3-1 right now.

tacosalbarojas
05-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Very good Kevin Smith reference by the way.

Any just to let you guys know the Brewers are beating the Cubs 3-1 right now.Glover's Gorillas.

I want Mags back
05-05-2005, 02:09 PM

The best was when one of the guys was missing, so they took a card board model of Ordonez, and put the t-shirt with the letter over it

Hangar18
05-05-2005, 05:18 PM

C-redes C-rew
S-ox S-upporters
A-arons A-migos

theres a theme here .........

seanpmurphy
05-05-2005, 05:24 PM

Rowand isn't Hispanic? Haha. :smile:

Go Sox

Hangar18
05-05-2005, 05:26 PM
The Tuesday night a couple of weeks ago me and a buddy of mine sat in left field and we had cowboy hats and holsters (they confiscated the toy guns at the gate), we had a sign that said POD'S POSSEE. Everytime Scotty got on base we put bandana's over our face and if he steals a base we get the six guns a blazin. A bunch of people I work with think it's the dumbest idea they've ever heard of but we told a couple of our friends and they're all down with it.

Thats an excellent Idea ............ run with it

MRKARNO
05-05-2005, 05:29 PM
This obviously is a tribute to the original ' Ozzie's Amigo's' which were a group of fans that would serenade Ozzie when he played. They to wore sombreros and would bring brooms when the Sox were in position to get a sweep.

Lip

Oh, I forgot about that. This is a good point that I completely forgot about when I posed the rhetorical question. Were it completely random, then I think the bit about it being somewhat ironic was well-deserved, but I simply missed this part of it entirely.

gaelhound
05-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Alliteration before racial orientation.Isn't Aaron some kind of Cajun, like Brett Favre. Maybe they wear big hats where he comes from?

MRKARNO
05-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Isn't Aaron some kind of Cajun, like Brett Favre. Maybe they wear big hats where he comes from?

He was born in Portland and went to college at Cal State Fullerton.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-05-2005, 11:38 PM
They have Cajuns in Oregon?

Brian26
05-05-2005, 11:56 PM

:farmer

"A good school."