PDA

View Full Version : Scrubs Blow Another One

MarkZ35
05-04-2005, 11:09 PM
WOW I love seeing them lose especially with a bases loaded walk.

CubKilla
05-04-2005, 11:20 PM

Watching the Sox win and following that up soon there after w/a Cubs and Twins loss never gets old.

Cards won again too.

Banix12
05-04-2005, 11:24 PM
The sox fan in me says the cubs blew it, but the Brewers fan in me says the Brewers squeaked out a close win on a division rival.

Now excuse me while I eat some frosted mini-wheats. You know the adult in me likes the healthy wheat...

SOXPHILE
05-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Heh heh heh heh heh heh...Right after the Sox game was over, I was checking the score of that game, and saw it was 3-3 going into the 9th. I had a funny feeling I was going to witness some more "special" Cubs baseball, so I kept watching, and even listened to the radio while watching T.V., because I wanted to hear Santo moaning and complaining. It was hilarious. I'm such a sadist when it comes to the Blue Ones losing, and listening to Him almost start weeping each time.

DrCrawdad
05-04-2005, 11:27 PM
http://oscarjr.us/images/sinking_ship.JPG (http://www.mundoblaineo.com/sounds/melting.wav
)
Going down?

SOXPHILE
05-04-2005, 11:29 PM
So, I'm sure that in tommorrow's Trib, we'll see the headline "TUMBLING TOWARDS THIRD PLACE", as we saw last year when the Sox we're in 2nd place, but going through a slump, and in danger of falling to 3rd. What's even funnier is that the (Un)lovable Losers are closer to last place than 1st.

MUsoxfan
05-04-2005, 11:51 PM
This is a great day for the Sox fan in me and the Brewers fan in me. Sox in 1st and Brewers in 2nd! My dream World Series can still come true!

NonetheLoaiza
05-05-2005, 12:24 AM

I love to hear that bases loaded walk over the radio, hearing Ron Santo's moaning and wailing...

shoota
05-05-2005, 12:35 AM
Watching the Sox win and following that up soon there after w/a Cubs and Twins loss never gets old.

Cards won again too.

I also enjoyed tonight's competitive festivities.

I was hoping it would be Carlos Lee who drove in Brewers' winning run over the Cubs, but he made an out instead. Oh well, a bases loaded walk to former Cub Damian Miller was almost as pleasurable.

Why was Novoa even in that position in the game? It reminds me of Baker's decision in the 2003 NLCS to bring in Dave Veres in a close game (game 6 maybe?) and the Marlins just lighting him up. Baker allowed a close game turn into a laugher--for Marlins and White Sox fans at least. lalalhahahaldlalahdhahahahahahahbartmanhahaajdjdll falllalal

I'm surprised Cubs pitchers are even eligible to buy health insurance with Dusty Baker as their manager.

MUsoxfan
05-05-2005, 12:40 AM
It just amazes me how terrified Dusty was of Overbay. In the series he went 2-3 with 6 walks. More than half of those were intentional.

C-Dawg
05-05-2005, 06:47 AM
and even listened to the radio while watching T.V., because I wanted to hear Santo moaning and complaining.

Yep, I was driving and switched over to 720 after the Sox victory. I like hearing Santo start to tell a story or explain something, and then he gets inturrupted halfway through by a play on the field, or something, and then he forgets what he was talking about and never finishes his story. Last night was no exception as the Brewers loaded up the bases and went on to the victory.

JRIG
05-05-2005, 06:59 AM
I love to hear that bases loaded walk over the radio, hearing Ron Santo's moaning and wailing...

Nothing like putting a rookie in a pressure situation like that.

Congrats, Dusty!

D. TODD
05-05-2005, 10:39 AM
http://oscarjr.us/images/sinking_ship.JPG (http://www.csionline.net/~lynex/melting.wav</p><p%20style=)
Going down? As the great Micheal Ray Richardson said "the ship be sinkin"

Palehose13
05-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Ah, what a fun time in Milwaukee last night. I still have no idea why Dusty walked Jenkins to get to Lee...I mean, I know it was to hopefully get a DP, but if I were a pitcher I would rather face Gee-off than El Caballo (I am informing the Brewer fans of his nickname).

Baby Fisk
05-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Ah, what a fun time in Milwaukee last night. I still have no idea why Dusty walked Jenkins to get to Lee...I mean, I know it was to hopefully get a DP, but if I were a pitcher I would rather face Gee-off than El Caballo (I am informing the Brewer fans of his nickname).

Have you been to any of these games, PH13? It's funny seeing the reactions of Cubbie fans who came all that way to watch their team lose again. The best was Tuesday's game: Two guys behind home plate were dressed in baby bear blue jerseys with a couple of ladies sitting between them. By the 9th inning, they were sitting there like a couple of turds, hands in their laps, crestfallen, while Brewer fans whooped it up around them. Losers! :cool:

Palehose13
05-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Have you been to any of these games, PH13? It's funny seeing the reactions of Cubbie fans who came all that way to watch their team lose again. The best was Tuesday's game: Two guys behind home plate were dressed in baby bear blue jerseys with a couple of ladies sitting between them. By the 9th inning, they were sitting there like a couple of turds, hands in their laps, crestfallen, while Brewer fans whooped it up around them. Losers! :cool:

No, I haven't. I went last year for the last game when the Brew Crew swept the cubs. That was a GREAT time! I am sooooooo tempted to leave work in an hour and go to the park. Brewers fans are really starting to hate cub fans. I have been told by a few that they want the white sox fans back. :cool:

TDog
05-05-2005, 11:20 AM
No, I haven't. I went last year for the last game when the Brew Crew swept the cubs. That was a GREAT time! I am sooooooo tempted to leave work in an hour and go to the park. Brewers fans are really starting to hate cub fans. I have been told by a few that they want the white sox fans back. :cool:

People may be forgetting how ugly things used to get when the division-rival Sox came to Miller Park. My supervisor when I worked in Wisconsin told me he took his son to one of those games and things were so bad that the park cut off beer sales after the second inning.

Still, I don't doubt the Cubs-fan invasion is worse.

balke
05-05-2005, 11:29 AM
I just read on Yahoosports that Polanco is going to be a CUb soon in replace of Nomar... desperate times. Still no word on a closer.

Flight #24
05-05-2005, 12:26 PM
One of my favorite quotes form ESPN1000 this AM: "Cubs try to leave Milwaukee without letting the broom hit them in the rear end"

Hilarious.

seanpmurphy
05-05-2005, 05:18 PM
One of my favorite quotes form ESPN1000 this AM: "Cubs try to leave Milwaukee without letting the broom hit them in the rear end"

Hilarious.

The key word in that sentence was try. Ha, the Cubs.

Baby Fisk
05-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Might as well make this thread a sticky. :cool:

StillMissOzzie
05-05-2005, 06:28 PM
I also enjoyed tonight's competitive festivities.

I was hoping it would be Carlos Lee who drove in Brewers' winning run over the Cubs, but he made an out instead.

Right guy, wrong day. Instead of blowing a save, LaTroya took the loss, giving up a two-out duck snort to C Lee to score the winning run from 2nd. Bring out the brooms!

SMO
:gulp:

Tekijawa
05-06-2005, 11:56 AM
I saw Ramirez HR highlite last night and I saw him watch the ball sail and toss his bat but does any one know if he's finished running the bases yet?

ARAMIS... ACT LIKE YOU'VE DONE IT BEFORE! Especially durring a 5 game losing streak!