PDA

View Full Version : *Official* White Sox vs Royals Post Game thread 05-04-05

MRKARNO
05-04-2005, 09:47 PM
First team in the majors to 20 wins!

According to Joe Sheehan and Stevie Phillips we're only going to win 50 more.

batmanZoSo
05-04-2005, 09:49 PM
We rule.

gobears1987
Take that BBTN!!
+:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana::band ance: (the half nana isn't working right)

MRKARNO
And.....

:twinslose
:notwinks

5-4

santo=dorf
:winner

Fake Chet Lemon
Nice to see Dye starting to get some to fall. But if I'm an opposing manager, any pitcher who throws a fastball to Konerko would get a brickbat upon arrival to the dugout. With two strikes, a changeup to Konerko is an automatic K.

ode to veeck
05-04-2005, 09:50 PM
another solid outing by Freddie ... he was tough here last week with a catcher at 3rd, Crede and Dya at short game

itsnotrequired
As a bonus, the Twins just lost...

Cowhead418
We were all worried here about losing a 5-game lead in 5 days last week? Well, we're 4.5 up on them now.:cool: Those Indians are good for something.:smile:

DaveIsHere
I love it!!! Did you see those 2 beautiful plays by Iguchi in the 9th....tapped off with Uribe's sliding catch!!!!!!!!!!!!

20-7 BABAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoxWillWin
YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
and btw

Stroker Ace
20 WINS!!! YESSSSS!!!!!

Rocklive99
White Sox win, and the Twins just lost :smile:

BearSox
And.....

:notwinks

5-4

Not only do twins lose! But they end it with Lew Ford grounding out with the bases loaded!

HebrewHammer
05-04-2005, 09:51 PM

I guess we better enjoy this then.

There are so many gamers on this team its unbelievable. Minnesota just lost again to Cleveland, the magic number keeps tumbling.

MRKARNO
The whole team is a 20-game winner!:D::D::D:

Ol' No. 2
As a bonus, the Twins just lost...Suckman loaded the bases in the 9th, but managed to wiggle out of it.

SoxxoS
It really didnt dawn on me until today how important Uribe is to this team. He really brings something in the lineup and an unreal glove. I was questioning the signing by KW earlier...but he was right again.

Kogs35
05-04-2005, 09:52 PM
awesome job 20 wins!!!!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

White Sox Josh
05-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Not only do twins lose! But they end it with Lew Ford grounding out with the bases loaded!Wow, just goes to show that it's not how you get the job done but just getting the job done.

Ol' No. 2
05-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Wow, just goes to show that it's not how you get the job done but just getting the job done.Sounds like the slogan for the year.:)

Shoeless Joe
05-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Looks like they're a couple of constants in this world now. Oxygen, gravity, people not washing their hands after using the bathroom, and of course the White Sox winning another game. Winning ball games just doesn't get old. And yet another fantastic pitching performance by a starting pitcher, way to go Freddy!

halfpricemonday
05-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Ah, another series win. Gotta love that. And since the Oakland series was just a bad dream and never really happened, I'm telling myself that we've won all our series this year.

Oakland never happened, and you can't convince me otherwise. :D:

White Sox Josh
05-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Sounds like the slogan for the year.:)Remind you of the closer we had last year. Hint: not on the team this year.

Nard
05-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ. Got to loooooooooooooove BBTN!

I can understand us not being a headliner story. I can understand not even have any big feature on us at all.

But would it KILL you to include one of our HRs today in your Touch 'Em All segment.

They seriously showed at least 12 of today's HRs. I can understand showing the big names, A-Rod and Morneau, etc.

But seriously now.

daveeym
05-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Sounds like the slogan for the year.:) I think i've got the slogan here for us that is very Fitting...White Sox baseball - Wheeling n' Dealing

SoxWillWin
05-04-2005, 09:58 PM
:peephillips & sheehan

flo-B-flo
05-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Wow, just goes to show that it's not how you get the job done but just getting the job done. You only gotta win by one........Or two.

MIgrenade
05-04-2005, 09:59 PM
BBTN does not have an update on the win nor homers on Touch em All nor Uribe on Web Gems....sweet guys

batmanZoSo
05-04-2005, 10:00 PM
It really didnt dawn on me until today how important Uribe is to this team. He really brings something in the lineup and an unreal glove. I was questioning the signing by KW earlier...but he was right again.

Never a doubt in my mind. He's a heck of a shortstop.

house215
05-04-2005, 10:01 PM
20 wins baby!!!
:supernana:

mike squires
Fun game to watch. I even found Pall and DJ somewhat interesting to listen too. NIce D, Good pitching and hits when we needed them. I was dissapointed when I saw the Twins score pop up a few innings ago and then log in to find the Twins lost. I can't wait for a few weeks when I go to my first game in awhile. IT's been far too long...

Ol' No. 2
BBTN does not have an update on the win nor homers on Touch em All nor Uribe on Web Gems....sweet guysEvery one of these dweebs is looking like complete maroons for underestimating the Sox. So now they've gone into "Operation Ignore" mode, hoping no one notices.

batmanZoSo
05-04-2005, 10:02 PM

I can understand us not being a headliner story. I can understand not even have any big feature on us at all.

But would it KILL you to include one of our HRs today in your Touch 'Em All segment.

They seriously showed at least 12 of today's HRs. I can understand showing the big names, A-Rod and Morneau, etc.

But seriously now.

Yeah, America turns on BBTN to watch Morneau highlights...

voodoochile
05-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Every one of these dweebs is looking like complete maroons for underestimating the Sox. So now they've gone into "Operation Ignore" mode, hoping no one notices.

:KW
We... Don't... Care...

:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana: :bandance:

Nard
05-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Well Gammons does have the Twins winning the WS so they have to include it.

Unregistered

krohnjw
Great win! :bandance: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :bandance:

Great way to start my long weekend :D:

Fake Chet Lemon
05-04-2005, 10:04 PM
BBTN does not have an update on the win nor homers on Touch em All nor Uribe on Web Gems....sweet guys

Then we'll have to JUST KEEP WINNING and keep pissing them off. I hope that crowd tonight put Kruk into a tizzy again. Anything to tick them off is all good.

flo-B-flo
05-04-2005, 10:04 PM

But seriously now.
I saw this! What a slap. AJ's homer - I waited - was never put in hte segment. That's bad. It may be time to boycott Chris Bermans' place of employ.........again.

ilsox7
05-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Anyone thinking of walking up tomorrow? I may. Sposed to be nice out and my brooms need some air...

BearSox
05-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Trifecta completed!! Cubs lose by walking in the winning run! :bandance:

Nard
05-04-2005, 10:07 PM
:supernana::supernana::supernana:

Sox, Twinkies, Cubbies.

"TRIFECTA" as they love to say lately on ESPN.

halfpricemonday
05-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Ball Four!

Walk-off...walk. Cubs lose.

Sox win, Twins and Cubs lose. I can get used to this.

PicktoCLick72
05-04-2005, 10:09 PM
:supernana: 20-7 Baby:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: And the the twins lost and the cubs walk in the winning run.

Ol' No. 2
05-04-2005, 10:10 PM
:KW
We... Don't... Care...

:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana: :bandance:I'm actually kind of enjoying watching them resort to increasingly distorted reasoning to justify dissing the Sox.

voodoochile
05-04-2005, 10:11 PM
I'm actually kind of enjoying watching them resort to increasingly distorted reasoning to justify dissing the Sox.

What kind of baseball do you call that?

Winning baseball...

Ol' No. 2
05-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Ball Four!

Walk-off...walk. Cubs lose.

Sox win, Twins and Cubs lose. I can get used to this.I guess Roberto Nuvoa wasn't the answer, either.:D:

JB98
05-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Anyone thinking of walking up tomorrow? I may. Sposed to be nice out and my brooms need some air...

Don't bother taking your broom to the park. Security will confiscate it at the gate. I found that out the third game of the Seattle series last month.

We're 20-7 with no Frank and minimal contributions from Konerko and Dye. Wow.

Ol' No. 2
05-04-2005, 10:18 PM
What kind of baseball do you call that?

Winning baseball...That's the best kind.:D::D::D::D::D:

ilsox7
05-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Don't bother taking your broom to the park. Security will confiscate it at the gate. I found that out the third game of the Seattle series last month.

Wasn't gonna literally take it, but good to know!

MikeW
05-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Is this heaven or what? Gooch and Juan flashing the leather around in the 9th, Cliff, Damaso and Dustin doing the job, Dye beginning to hit. It only gets better. With the Yankees crashing and burning, I'm on top of the world in Connecticut right now. Riding the wave...

SoxWillWin

I know most parks will let you bring a shortened broom, less than 24 inches I think. They don't allow full size brooms.

ChiSoxGirl
The first team in MLB to achieve 20 wins, to go along with the Sox Baseball Trifecta tonight... gotta love it! :bandance:

http://www.livejournal.com/userpic/29207745/1194436
White Sox Baseball- Smart Ball is what we do best and it's paying off; 20-7!

White Sox Record with me in attendance: 2-0!

soxfan123
05-04-2005, 10:21 PM
A little sidenote...the first team to get to 20 wins, and obviously the numerically best team in baseball with their AL leading ERA, was not even mentioned in Baseball Tonight when they won the game. They reported the twins game and how poorly the Yankees' starting rotation is doing along with retard ravech talking aimlessly about the "Touch 'em all"s and reading his cue cards. Although this does not come as a total surprise, this is another example of ESPN's "expert" analysis.

Barring that discouragement.....Let's get the sweep!

And now, the banana...:bandance:

JGarlandrules20
05-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Just enough to win it. Seems that way all the games...but I'll take it!

Cliff has been so reliable. He did a great job getting out of that big bases loaded jam.

Reminds me of 83
05-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Dye is coming around, Hermanson is unbelievable, Pitching is phenominal. Come on WS Fans....SHow this team your support!!!

MRKARNO
05-04-2005, 10:25 PM
ESPN is completely ignoring the story of the season so far, but that's their loss. Let them lament about the Yankees' struggles and the Twins not doing as well as they can as much as they want to, but they're the ones missing out. Other media outlets are catching on and ESPN will be left as the lone dissenters.

MIgrenade
05-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Does anyone know the percentage of the first team to 20 wins and making the playoffs? I know its early, just asking.

SoxWillWin
05-04-2005, 10:27 PM
A little sidenote...the first team to get to 20 wins, and obviously the numerically best team in baseball with their AL leading ERA, was not even mentioned in Baseball Tonight when they won the game. They reported the twins game and how poorly the Yankees' starting rotation is doing along with retard ravech talking aimlessly about the "Touch 'em all"s and reading his cue cards. Although this does not come as a total surprise, this is another example of ESPN's "expert" analysis.

Unfortunately nothing can be done about this kind of BS. Even refusing to watch BBTN does nothing because of the ludicrous amounts of baseball "sheep" out there. I look at it this way, this season will be a private party for sox fans, we don't need and bandwagon jumpers anyway.

TaylorStSox
05-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Politte looked GREAT as well. When's he's snapping the fastball like that, his slider looks unhittable. :gulp:

Norberto7
05-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Suckman loaded the bases in the 9th, but managed to wiggle out of it.

Haha....Suckman....

Maybe it's just me, but intangibles-wise, I feel the most worried when Uribe is out of the lineup. More so than Podsednik, Konerko (and that's close to teal), Rowand, anyone, with Iguchi being a close second. Is this just me?

Rocklive99
05-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Does anyone know the percentage of the first team to 20 wins and making the playoffs? I know its early, just asking.

I would look deeper into it if I didn't have a final to finish, but last year, the first team to 20 was Anaheim (won division). First NL teams to do it were Houston (Wild Card) and LA Dodgers (won division). Boston and Texas had 19 at the time and we had 17. Still doesn't say anything though, it's a long season where ups and downs are guaranteed

Lip Man 1
05-04-2005, 10:39 PM
As Eddie Kendricks sang back in 1973:

'Keep On Truckin'...'

By the way how was Donn Pall as a 'color' analyst?

Lip

SOXPHILE
05-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Suckman loaded the bases in the 9th, but managed to wiggle out of it.

He must have been thinking about the post-game buffet, and lost his concentration for a bit......

Foulke You
05-04-2005, 10:43 PM

Lip

I can't speak for anyone else here but I thought Donn was a bit boring and dry. It is partly due to a lack of experience in the booth, but he just doesn't seem to have the voice for broadcasting. I'm counting the days til Hawk's return. Frankly, I'm a little surprised that Rooney didn't get promoted temporarily to the TV booth since DJ is such a brutal play by play announcer. Honestly, I don't mind DJ doing color commentary as much as some here but he is just BRUTAL doing play by play. The WORST home run call in the majors. "Uh oh! Uh oh! Uh oh! Bye Bye!" UGH...:(:

ilsox7
05-04-2005, 10:44 PM

'Keep On Truckin'...'

Lip

I thought he was so-so. He didn't really add a ton of analysis, but it's his first time out and he held is own. Actually, for a first time out, he did well.

Still doesn't make up for DJ's "Uh Ohhhhhh's."

cheeses_h_rice
05-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Haha. Sportscenter just did recaps on both the Sox win and the Flubs loss, then did a comparison between the teams of payrolls, records, runs per game, starters ERA, and, you guessed, average attendance for this season.

Way to keep your eyes on the prize and focus on what's important, ESPN!

:thumbsup:

p.s. they showed the Flubs payroll at only $87.2M. I thought with the money they were paying Sham-ME*, it was above $100M?

TaylorStSox
05-04-2005, 10:45 PM

'Keep On Truckin'...'

Lip

He was brutal. It was more like DJ was doing an interview and Pall was waiting for him to ask questions before he spoke.

Ol' No. 2
05-04-2005, 10:47 PM

'Keep On Truckin'...'

LipI turned them off after the 4th and listened to Rooney and Farmer.

elrod
05-04-2005, 10:48 PM
I said it before yesterday's game and I believe it more and more today. Juan Uribe is the most important man in the lineup. With him in it we have 6 legitimate power threats. AJ and Iguchi are the "out-of-nowhere" power options and Pods is the non-power threat. But with Carl, Paulie, Dye, Rowand, Crede and Uribe in there, it really puts some power at every part of the lineup.

Fake Chet Lemon
05-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Haha. Sportscenter just did recaps on both the Sox win and the Flubs loss, then did a comparison between the teams of payrolls, records, runs per game, starters ERA, and, you guessed, average attendance for this season.

p.s. they showed the Flubs payroll at only $87.2M. I thought with the money they were paying Sham-ME*, it was above $100M?

You are correct. The $87.2 is the opening day roster payroll. The real operating number with samME included is $100M+.

balke
05-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I said it before yesterday's game and I believe it more and more today. Juan Uribe is the most important man in the lineup. With him in it we have 6 legitimate power threats. AJ and Iguchi are the "out-of-nowhere" power options and Pods is the non-power threat. But with Carl, Paulie, Dye, Rowand, Crede and Uribe in there, it really puts some power at every part of the lineup.

Ditto. He's the toughest to replace, and valuable in every aspect of the game. Perhaps this teams MVP.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-04-2005, 10:57 PM
I love Dustin Hermanson, but I have two thoughts on his...um...interesting... choice in facial hair:

1) If you combine Hermy and Matt Clement, you've got a complete goatee.

2) With that deep cleft chin, it reminds me of the bear at the end of The Great Outdoors that gets all of its butt hair shot off.

:redneck

SOXPHILE
05-04-2005, 11:01 PM
I love Dustin Hermanson, but I have two thoughts on his...um...interesting... choice in facial hair:

1) If you combine Hermy and Matt Clement, you've got a complete goatee.

2) With that deep cleft chin, it reminds me of the bear at the end of The Great Outdoors that gets all of its butt hair shot off.

:redneck
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Rudy Law
05-04-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't know what your all exited for...Don't you know ESPN said 4th place...ITS 4 th PLACE

HomeFish
05-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Just got back. A fine game to be in attendence at, if a cold one.

Also the trifecta for a second night in a row. :bandance:

DoggPhood
05-04-2005, 11:10 PM
i was at the game tonight. small but enthusiastic crowd, as they say.

a couple things...

at the end, during handshakes and such, paulie was the last one through the line and ozzie gave him a big slap on the behind and pat on the shoulder.

also, tim raines is hilarious. every time he ran out to his post, the royals third baseman would throw the ball to sweeney at first and tim would try and beat out the throw. the first base umpire called him out twice and once he called him safe. then tim turned around and sweeney tossed the fall at his feet, which is funny. then, tim was chasing around one of the security guards and took his hat.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-04-2005, 11:11 PM
I don't know what your all exited for...Don't you know ESPN said 4th place...ITS 4 th PLACE
Aaaaggghhh!!! My eyes!!!!!!!

SOXPHILE
05-04-2005, 11:15 PM

:tealtutor:

SoxWillWin
05-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Aaaaggghhh!!! My eyes!!!!!!!

don't you mean

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2571

Rudy Law
05-04-2005, 11:16 PM

But seriously now.

Thats because according to Larry Blow&*b.The only reason we are 20-7 is because we are playing bad teams....Don't know what games he is watching...

Rudy Law
05-04-2005, 11:17 PM
:tealtutor:

SORRY!

seanpmurphy
05-04-2005, 11:17 PM

But seriously now.

Crede isn't a big name? :smile:

mrwaffle
05-04-2005, 11:18 PM
don't know what your all exited for...Don't you know ESPN said 4th place...ITS 4 th PLACE[/QUOTE]

:tealpolice:

swanson24
05-04-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm a late arrival to the forum tonight but it was great to see the Sox win their 20th game of the season by May 4th! How about that! My message to everyone who attended tonight's game is simple:Thank you for suppporting the club! I wish I could've been there but I am far from Chicago at the moment!

halfpricemonday
05-04-2005, 11:21 PM
I would look deeper into it if I didn't have a final to finish, but last year, the first team to 20 was Anaheim (won division). First NL teams to do it were Houston (Wild Card) and LA Dodgers (won division). Boston and Texas had 19 at the time and we had 17. Still doesn't say anything though, it's a long season where ups and downs are guaranteed

I agree about the long season part, and every team is going to have its slumps. But we're only a few weeks of winning baseball until we might be able to start playing the "if we play .500 ball from this point on, the Sox will have xxx wins" game. That's the great thing about a historic start like this; it keeps us in the drivers' seat and relieves us from the life-or-death pressure to win each and every game. I'm not trying to say we shouldn't try to win every game, but just that we don't have to jump off a bridge when those losing streaks happen.

Yeah, I know our month of May looks pretty tough, but we're off to a great start. Keep those wins coming!

chisox77
05-04-2005, 11:23 PM
I will be present for the sweep tomorrow - right field, first row.:D:

SOX ADDICT '73
05-04-2005, 11:35 PM
don't you mean

Yes. Yes I do. Couldn't find the little guy, though. Thanks for digging him up!

Chisox003
05-04-2005, 11:39 PM
20-7, what a start!

BTW, dont know if this has been mentioned, but Ive seen Jerry Krause behind home plate scouting with his radar gun the last 2 games....Why, I dont know.....I tried selling him a hotdog tonight but he wouldnt budge!

S05X

SOX ADDICT '73
05-04-2005, 11:41 PM
The only thing better than Juan's game-ending catch being the #2 Web Gem tonight was that their #1 was a Brewers unassisted double-play against the sCrUBS!

SoxWillWin
05-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Yes. Yes I do. Couldn't find the little guy, though. Thanks for digging him up!

He's right here, maybe the Mods could tag him or something...

SOX ADDICT '73
05-04-2005, 11:55 PM
He's right here, maybe the Mods could tag him or something...

I'd love for that to happen!

But I think every time the Teal Police show up, West gets a $5 kickback. :wink:

OEO Magglio
05-04-2005, 11:58 PM
20-7, what a start!

I tried selling him a hotdog tonight but he wouldnt budge!

S05X
Krause turned down a hot dog, wow. Anyways, he's a scout for the yankees now.

balke
05-05-2005, 12:06 AM
I hope he was looking at Sweeney or something, there's not a Yankee I want in a trade on my team right now.

OEO Magglio
05-05-2005, 12:09 AM
I hope he was looking at Sweeney or something, there's not a Yankee I want in a trade on my team right now.
Scouts are all over the place all the time. The yanks might be interested with a player on the sox but I can guarantee you Kenny won't even answer his phone when he sees a phone call from Brian Cashman.:cool:

SOX ADDICT '73
05-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Scouts are all over the place all the time. The yanks might be interested with a player on the sox but I can guarantee you Kenny won't even answer his phone when he sees a phone call from Brian Cashman.:cool:
I can't imagine any team wanting to touch the Yankees with a ten-foot pole right now. Used to be, you were making a deal with the Devil. Nowadays, they're a leper colony.

balke
05-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Sorry, I'm sure I saw this in a different thread, but someone quoted Bowa saying we are beating up on bad teams... And I just saw it on ESPN. Then I thought to myself... aren't the Yankees getting beat up by the D-rays? :cool:

TheOldRoman
05-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Krause turned down a hot dog, wow. Anyways, he's a scout for the yankees now.

Actually, he left the Yankees at the end of last year. He may be working for the Mets right now, Im not sure.

White_Sock
05-05-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Dog Phood
also, tim raines is hilarious. every time he ran out to his post, the royals third baseman would throw the ball to sweeney at first and tim would try and beat out the throw. the first base umpire called him out twice and once he called him safe. then tim turned around and sweeney tossed the fall at his feet, which is funny. then, tim was chasing around one of the security guards and took his hat. I was at all three games in Oakland and Raines was doing the same thing. He was cracking me up.

TheOldRoman
05-05-2005, 12:30 AM

And that moron Stuart Scott offended much of America yet again with his broken english in an attempt to make sportscenter "urban".
When he read down the stats, he said, "Can a playa get some fans in da seats?"
No, Stuart. A playa can't get fans in the seats, moron.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-05-2005, 12:31 AM
we are "beating up on bad teams"
Yeah, we're 5-0 against the Royals (who took 2 of 3 from Cleveland last weekend, BTW).

But we're also 12-4 against the Twins, Indians, and Tigers. Most of the "experts" picked two of those teams (and some even picked all three) to finish ahead of the Sox this year. That's what has these guys all cheesed at us. We're making them look stupid.

elrod
05-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Sorry, I'm sure I saw this in a different thread, but someone quoted Bowa saying we are beating up on bad teams... And I just saw it on ESPN. Then I thought to myself... aren't the Yankees getting beat up by the D-rays? :cool:

That was meant to be a compliment. Bowa was saying that good teams must beat up on the bad teams if they expect to win the division. In other words, you can't just gear up for the head-to-head games with the Twins, and then get beaten by Detroit or Kansas City. You have to build up wins against the bottom-feeders. Good teams always do that. BTW, this means the Yankees are not a good team.

owensmouth
05-05-2005, 01:44 AM
Krause turned down a hot dog, wow. Anyways, he's a scout for the yankees now.Not the Yankees, the Mets. The Yankees terminated him a few months ago.

Bobbo35
05-05-2005, 06:29 AM
Ditto. He's the toughest to replace, and valuable in every aspect of the game. Perhaps this teams MVP.

I keep on telling people that Juan Uribe is a sleeper in this league. He plays the game with fire and he is exciting to watch. What a win last night. Too many Cub fans at the game. At least their fat mouths were shut. Advice for season ticket holders: Don't give Cub fans season ticket seats. I was sitting in section 141 and I saw 6 in a section radius. They do not deserve it.

Go Sox!

SSN721
05-05-2005, 07:26 AM
What a great game, glad to be in attendence despit the cold. I though tthe crowd was decent considering the opponent and the conditions. Just phenomenal pitching yet again. This team just keeps suprising me. Everytime I am ready to count them out they come up with something to pull out a win, I dont even know why I doubt them whenever they are down. Damn me and my pessimistic nature, have to just enjoy this. What a start, screw ESPN. Lets get the sweep tommorrow. :smile: