PDA

View Full Version : Farmer calls out ESPN guys

Whitesox029
05-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Ed Farmer just mentioned having watched sports center last night and seeing the Sox for "about 15 or 20 seconds," and pointed out that the Yankees' loss to the D-Rays was made a big story. "They just won't admit they're wrong about the Sox" was what he said. Nice to see Ed and John sticking up for the Sox. This is one of the reasons I like Rooney and Farmer, even if Farmer does say crazy things sometimes.
:farmer
"I can't wait to see someone with sunglasses on top of his batting helmet."

likeawarlord
05-04-2005, 11:01 PM
i like rooney and farmer a lot. farmer is as willing as anyone to get angry when he feels the sox have been slighted.

samram
05-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Ed Farmer sticking up for the Sox on their flagship station is not really earth-shattering.

likeawarlord
05-04-2005, 11:12 PM
Ed Farmer sticking up for the Sox on their flagship station is not really earth-shattering.

still, he didnt have to say anything.

samram
05-04-2005, 11:31 PM
still, he didnt have to say anything.

No, he didn't. I'm just saying that saying your own team deserves more press is hardly controversial. It's the same as any of us saying the Sox deserve more attention.

Foulke You
05-05-2005, 12:02 AM

When you consider he is on ESPN 1000 and he is ripping the ESPN Flagship Baseball TV show, I would have to say it takes a bit of stones to do that despite the fact he is working for the Sox.

LuvSox
05-05-2005, 01:00 AM
He ripped into Tom House (former 60's & 70's MLB pitcher who admitted steroid use) today saying he sucked anyway, there is no way he was on 'roids. He said something to the affect that he should have gotten an arm transplant instead. I Luuuuuuuv Farmer!

Randar68
05-05-2005, 12:01 PM
He ripped into Tom House (former 60's & 70's MLB pitcher who admitted steroid use) today saying he sucked anyway, there is no way he was on 'roids. He said something to the affect that he should have gotten an arm transplant instead. I Luuuuuuuv Farmer!

Well, House, if any of the "old school baseball people" (Hawk, Farmer, etc) would care to read all he said, claimed it never helped him add to his fastball, he was self-depricating about the whole thing, and in addition said it was mostly for relievers for recovery-time. This is all consistent with most of what's known about Roids for pitchers.

When anyone in baseball starts talking about what happened in clubhouses, or bullpens, or behind closed doors, you can count on Farmer and Hawk to rip them unconditionally, regardless of topic. At this point, I just roll my eyes, because they just consider this holy boundary to be uncrossable regardless of topic. What the hell does Tom House have to gain by this? He's already wealthy and famous for his teachings on pitching...

chaerulez
05-05-2005, 12:27 PM
When you consider he is on ESPN 1000 and he is ripping the ESPN Flagship Baseball TV show, I would have to say it takes a bit of stones to do that despite the fact he is working for the Sox.

Yeah, I'm surprised he is ripping ESPN's own show, but that's great to hear, finally someone telling it like it is.