PDA

View Full Version : Crede's Swing...

GiveMeSox
05-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Even though he hit that homer tonight his swing looks pretty poor. When he was on his 14 game hit streak his swing looked great, now it looks long and slow and like it did last year. Am I the only one who is noticing this. Watching him swing it just looks like hes still got that long wind up swing where he loads up with his legs, cocks the bat back with his hand, and then take a long sweeping swing. Not a short and quick, right to the ball swing (like rowand). I think he looked more short and quick during his hit streak than recently and hope he finds his way again.

Ol' No. 2
05-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Even though he hit that homer tonight his swing looks pretty poor. When he was on his 14 game hit streak his swing looked great, now it looks long and slow and like it did last year. Am I the only one who is noticing this. Watching him swing it just looks like hes still got that long wind up swing where he loads up with his legs, cocks the bat back with his hand, and then take a long sweeping swing. Not a short and quick, right to the ball swing (like rowand). I think he looked more short and quick during his hit streak than recently and hope he finds his way again.His swing looked long to me even when he was going good. What is different is he's level instead of that loopy swing he had last year.

batmanZoSo
05-04-2005, 08:36 PM
It's possible to be good and have a long swing. He doesn't need to be Babe Ruth.

Ol' No. 2
05-04-2005, 08:42 PM
It's possible to be good and have a long swing. He doesn't need to be Babe Ruth.That loopy swing he had last year was killing him. It looks much more level now.

Rocklive99
05-04-2005, 09:30 PM
He was on a hot streak but seemed to trail off when getting hurt

Ol' No. 2
05-04-2005, 09:54 PM
He was on a hot streak but seemed to trail off when getting hurtMaybe it was the Comet nickname.:wink:

SoxWillWin
05-04-2005, 10:12 PM
it looks like this year he's slotting his elbow more than last year. Slotting can make the beginning of the swing take a fraction of a second longer, but overall doesn't reduce bat speed.