PDA

View Full Version : Dye's replacement could be Borch...

mike squires
05-04-2005, 02:17 PM
ard...oh wait a minut this guy is hitting .163 with 31 k's in 80 at bats with a .230 slugging pct...

NEVERMIND!

When are we just going to cut our losses with this guy?

Ol' No. 2
05-04-2005, 02:19 PM
ard...oh wait a minut this guy is hitting .163 with 31 k's in 80 at bats with a .230 slugging pct...

NEVERMIND!

When are we just going to cut our losses with this guy?Why, is he costing them a lot of money?

mike squires
05-04-2005, 02:22 PM
IT obviously isn't and won't work out. It's time to part ways and move on. Maybe Joe needs a change of scenery or something but let's get someone else in here that can mabye make an impact or do the AAA team some good. I like Joe and still have his autogrpahed ball out on my shelf but it's time to go...

Randar68
05-04-2005, 02:24 PM
IT obviously isn't and won't work out. It's time to part ways and move on. Maybe Joe needs a change of scenery or something but let's get someone else in here that can mabye make an impact or do the AAA team some good. I like Joe and still have his autogrpahed ball out on my shelf but it's time to go...

He's on the DL, I believe. What is the point of your post? Utterly pointless IMO. What is he hurting the Sox by being in AAA? He's not in the way of any fast-rising prospects or others overwhelmingly deserving of the spot? This is just a pointless topic.

seanpmurphy
05-04-2005, 02:24 PM
But he did hit the longest home run in US Cellular history

mike squires
05-04-2005, 02:27 PM
He's on the DL, I believe. What is the point of your post? Utterly pointless IMO. What is he hurting the Sox by being in AAA? He's not in the way of any fast-rising prospects or others overwhelmingly deserving of the spot? This is just a pointless topic.

It was good enough to get you to take a few minutes to respond to it. My point is being in the whitesox organization is not benifeting him or the Sox...

Muopsies
05-04-2005, 02:28 PM
I think we should trade Borchard to the Bears for Thomas Jones. Jones could do quite well on the basepaths. Couldnt do worse than Borchard either.

Randar68
05-04-2005, 02:29 PM
It was good enough to get you to take a few minute to respond to it. My point is bieng in the whitesox organization is not benifeting him or the Sox...

It doesn't take much thought to type up a post that I'll criticize for being stupid and pointless.

Congrats if that was your goal. Dumbest topic of the week. Congrats.

mike squires
05-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Thank you. I also was just pointing out how low Borchards stats currently are...

mweflen
05-04-2005, 02:31 PM
:LTPNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:whiner::angry::thud:

gosox41
05-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Why, is he costing them a lot of money?

Not any more thankfully. I think the Sox paid his last installment of that $5 mill. + contract in 2004. Wasn't it the contract paid over a 5 year period.

Anyway, there's no harm in keeping the guy. Maybe the Sox could get their money's worth out of him one day as the guy who cleans jock straps. Then Miller Lite could write a song about Joe Borchard: Mr. Jock Strap Picker Upper.

:D:

Bob

seanpmurphy
05-04-2005, 02:32 PM
How about mixing up Dye with Timo. Timo had a pretty solid outing a couple of days ago against Le Tigres. Especially the home run. Voila!

SoxxoS
05-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Sorry Mike, but

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks13.jpg

TaylorStSox
05-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Isn't this in the wrong forum anyway. LTP is in the minors, after all.

havelj
05-04-2005, 02:47 PM
When Big Frank comes back:
LF-EVERETT
CF-PODS
RF-ROWAND
DH-FRANK

Dye and Timo off bench.

Tekijawa
05-04-2005, 02:47 PM
Does Dye need a replacement? Did I miss something?

faneidde
05-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Why is it so fashionable to bash Borchard? By all accounts he seems like a good guy and he isn't doing much harm to our team in AAA ball. It must not be a basketball topic because I am agreeing with Randar.

SoxWillWin
05-04-2005, 03:07 PM
When Big Frank comes back:
LF-EVERETT
CF-PODS
RF-ROWAND
DH-FRANK

Dye and Timo off bench.

Since we can't predict the future we may have a situation where Dye actually gets his bat going. What do we do then???? It's a little fatalistic to think Dye is in a season long slump, you could make a case for PK as well if that is the popular thinking. Before Crede's 14 game hitting streak all the talk around here was getting rid of him.....now it's Dye's turn I guess......
:threadblows:

MushMouth
05-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Why is it so fashionable to bash Borchard? By all accounts he seems like a good guy and he isn't doing much harm to our team in AAA ball. It must not be a basketball topic because I am agreeing with Randar.

Pretty sure he's down in AA now anyway, Kenny made some moves down there recently and that was one of them.

daveeym
05-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Since we can't predict the future we may have a situation where Dye actually gets his bat going. What do we do then???? It's a little fatalistic to think Dye is in a season long slump, you could make a case for PK as well if that is the popular thinking. Before Crede's 14 game hitting streak all the talk around here was getting rid of him.....now it's Dye's turn I guess......
:threadblows:

Konerko at least has a track record of a season long slump. I want that to be a zinger and in teal but unfortunately it's true.

Randar68
05-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Pretty sure he's down in AA now anyway, Kenny made some moves down there recently and that was one of them.

WRONG! Borchard, as I stated earlier in this thread, if you'd care to read it, is injured but in AAA.

Unreal. Are people this petty, jealous, and pathetically self-righteous to bash a kid just because he received a large signing bonus? How many 1st round picks don't make it? MANY! Probably more than half. Get over it people. Ferchrissakes.

JB98
05-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Not any more thankfully. I think the Sox paid his last installment of that $5 mill. + contract in 2004. Wasn't it the contract paid over a 5 year period.

Anyway, there's no harm in keeping the guy. Maybe the Sox could get their money's worth out of him one day as the guy who cleans jock straps. Then Miller Lite could write a song about Joe Borchard: Mr. Jock Strap Picker Upper.

:D:

LOL. I've been singing "Mr. Journeyman Backup Catcher" every time Widger gets a hit or throws a runner out.

SomebodyToldMe
05-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Wow. I'm surprised that so many people are upset about this thread. I actually got a good laugh out of the initial post and I agree that I want this guy as far away from the Sox organization as possible.

Randar68
05-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Wow. I'm surprised that so many people are upset about this thread. I actually got a good laugh out of the initial post and I agree that I want this guy as far away from the Sox organization as possible.

And why is that? Is he a bad person? A bad kid? Someone who won't work hard? Someone who doesn't get along with teammates?

He's the antithesis of those things. You want him gone so you don't have to read his name because he didn't turn out to be a star like you read he was going to be?

You people are a frikkin trip. Get a life if you relish to that degree in someone's failure. Pathetic.

SomebodyToldMe
05-04-2005, 05:53 PM
And why is that? Is he a bad person? A bad kid? Someone who won't work hard? Someone who doesn't get along with teammates?

He's the antithesis of those things. You want him gone so you don't have to read his name because he didn't turn out to be a star like you read he was going to be?

You people are a frikkin trip. Get a life if you relish to that degree in someone's failure. Pathetic.

Whoa there, cowboy. You see this chill pill?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/chill.jpg

Yeah, take it.

SpammySosa
05-04-2005, 05:54 PM
This is just a pointless topic.

mike squires start a pointless thread??NEVER!:redneck

Randar68
05-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Whoa there, cowboy. You see this chill pill?

Kid has worked his ass to the bone, been under extreme scrutiny the whole time, done everything the right way, taken everything to heart, taken the failures much harder than most, and has been an upstanding guy that everyone in the organization admires for his perseverance and effort.

Yet, for people like yourself, you'd rather crap on him in anonymity because he got 5 million dollars (of someone else's money) to sign.

Get a life.

A. Cavatica
05-04-2005, 09:19 PM
IMHO there's no chance that Joe will ever be a star in the bigs, and I can't see him even becoming a regular on a bad team. He still has a chance of being a fourth or fifth outfielder if he can just find some consistency. He does have some assets: he's a switch-hitter with great power who can play all three positions, and by all accounts he's a standup guy.

A year ago, I too wanted him out of the organization. We kept hearing that he would still blossom, that he was untouchable, etc. and I was afraid that KW's five-year plan really revolved around Borchard. After he failed in an extended opportunity last year, failed in the Mexican League over the winter, and got off to such a bad start this year, there's no way anybody sees him as more than roster filler. I have no problem keeping him around after recalibrating those expectations.

mike squires
05-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Wow, I by no means wanted this thread to turn out like this. I'm glad someone pointed out they got a laugh out of the initial post. I was being a bit sarcastic. (No way does Dye sit out full time. ) I was curious about how Borchard was doing, looked up his stats and pointed out he's not doing so hot and that it may be time to part ways with him. I was pulling for Joe more than anyone. In fact I would say he is probably one of my favorite current Sox players. In my opnion I think it's time for a new opportunity for Joe.

Yeah, I've been known for some fun nonsense threads. Sorry this was one of them.