PDA

View Full Version : Bonds Has Third Knee Operation!

Tekijawa
05-04-2005, 01:59 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-bonds-surgery&prov=ap&type=lgns

I think it's pretty obvious that it's probably just a Hernia at this point!

ja1022
05-04-2005, 02:07 PM
755 is starting to look safe again.

SoxxoS
05-04-2005, 02:37 PM
I seriously hope he can't break that record.

BridgePortNative
05-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Nah, all he needs is his top rated flax-seed oil and some good ol' arthritis creme will help hime out. TEAL?

gosox41
05-04-2005, 02:39 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-bonds-surgery&prov=ap&type=lgns

I think it's pretty obvious that it's probably just a Hernia at this point!

Anyone starting to believe in the conspiracy that Selig is not letting the super stars get named in the steroid scandal and rather just putting them on the DL?

I doubt it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Bob

samram
05-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Anyone starting to believe in the conspiracy that Selig is not letting the super stars get named in the steroid scandal and rather just putting them on the DL?

Bob

I guess it wouldn't surprise me either, but it would cause a big problem if it got out amongst the players. For example, what if Rincon had heard Santana tested positive, but was just going to be put on the DL for 15 days, while he would be named in the press, etc., and suspended, and he got upset and blabbed about that to the media? That would be a huge scandal.

SoxyStu
05-04-2005, 09:20 PM

Bob

I, too, doubt it..but it's an interesting thought, Bob...however, why would they take it that extent?

Wouldn't it be easier for a report to accidentally find its way into the shredder rather than to concoct a whole injury/DL scenario? Is the testing being done by an independent medical establishment to ensure the test isn't being compromised by any of the parties involved?

Although, folks in power trying to conceal "skeletons" sometimes do create stupid charades.

NWSox
05-07-2005, 02:28 AM
I don't think it's a league conspiracy but I do think that Bonds is looking for a way to make an exit. This just seems too convenient.

Whatever the reason, I just hope he stays away for good. The worst cheater in the history of professional sports.

The Racehorse
05-07-2005, 05:13 AM
The doctor who operated on Bonds' knee is on 5-years medical probation for unprofessional conduct. Link (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/nl/giants/2005-05-05-bonds-surgeon_x.htm)

The complaint also accused Ting of several other violations, including prescribing "dangerous drugs and controlled substances to friends and acquaintances, particularly athletes, for whom he kept no medical records or for whom the medical records were fictitious, inadequate or inaccurate."

There are some things out Granny's told us that are true... you are what you eat and you are who you roll with. Balco Bonds obviously didn't heed his Granny's words of wisdom.