PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to sabotage Dan Patrick?

MUScholar21
05-04-2005, 01:25 PM
I've got an interesting thought. There are all these people on WSI right now, all of whom I presume to be Sox fans. Anyone want to take advantage of our position, and sabotage Dan Patrick's show on ESPN radio? If you read this post, send an email to danpatrickshow@espnradio.com regarding the White Sox-a positive one, preferably. Doesn't have to be anything elaborate, but just ask him to give the White Sox some publicity. Here is mine, copy and paste it if you want. Then go to www.espnradio.com (http://www.espnradio.com) and click on listen now to hear his show on the Internet. Maybe we can get us some White Sox love

Dan,

How about you give some much-needed publicity to the White Sox? They are playing great, with a come from behind victory last night to set a major league record in games lead (currently 26 and counting). The only publicity I saw on them was John Kruk on Baseball Tonight ripping their attendance (on an EXCEPTIONALLY cold night). Have you seen these guys? We White Sox fans would love to hear what you have to say, when you can fit us in between the Yankees poor performance and steroids. I love your show, but many people believe you spend too much time on a limited scope of topics. How 'bout it?

The worst we can do is try. Let us be heard!

MUScholar21
05-05-2005, 10:55 AM
I guess not. It would be nice to force him to talk about it though.

ewokpelts
05-05-2005, 11:26 AM
They are recording tomorrow's show at the espn zone downtown.

Let's show up in force!

Gene

shoota
05-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Dan Patrick show is boring. I want Jim Rome.

RKMeibalane
05-05-2005, 06:47 PM
The only thing Dan Patrick talks about during his show is how the Colorado Rockies are doing. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to talk about the Sox.

NonetheLoaiza
05-05-2005, 08:57 PM
I want Jim Rome.

::shudder:: I can't stand him or his shows. His negative rants against everything lack any substance behind them, and when he goes on about something positive, it's a ridiculous comment, IMHO. I know some people do like him or he wouldn't still have work, but man, the guy is tiresome.

Huisj
05-05-2005, 10:57 PM
::shudder:: I can't stand him or his shows. His negative rants against everything lack any substance behind them, and when he goes on about something positive, it's a ridiculous comment, IMHO. I know some people do like him or he wouldn't still have work, but man, the guy is tiresome.

I've said it before on this board and gotten drilled for it, but Jim Rome really knows his stuff. Yeah, he talks about some stupid stuff, but he's a big baseball fan actually, and during the summer his show is quite interesting. He's a good interviewer too, better than most I've heard. I used to hate him, but I gave him a chance a few years back and came to appreciate his show a bit.

MUScholar21
05-09-2005, 01:23 PM
I've said it before on this board and gotten drilled for it, but Jim Rome really knows his stuff. Yeah, he talks about some stupid stuff, but he's a big baseball fan actually, and during the summer his show is quite interesting. He's a good interviewer too, better than most I've heard. I used to hate him, but I gave him a chance a few years back and came to appreciate his show a bit.

Yeah, because when I think sports talk shows, I ACHE for the paper shuffling that is Jim Rome. Good material.

balke
05-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Dan's such a Cubs fan, its sick. Everytime I listen to the show he's talking about trying to head out to the game. Its no reason he brings up how he thinks the Sox still won't make the playoffs from time to time. He's not totally biased, but its obvious he's the typical yuppie Cub fan while in Chicago. He's probably never been to a Sox game.

I like his show, but hate how he argues at times. He always puts restrictions on his conversations that are dumb like "Tell me why Frank Thomas is a hall of famer, but don't call in giving me his stats... I know his stats". He's a good guy though, I like his show. He doesn't need to talk about the sox, we're legit without him.

shoota
05-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah, because when I think sports talk shows, I ACHE for the paper shuffling that is Jim Rome. Good material.

In addition to giving good interviews, Jim Rome's non-sports takes are hilarious to listen to. I'm not a fan of most of the callers, but the emails from listeners are usually funny.

Plus, Rome has 2-3 interviews a day, and picks his guests based on whichever sport is in season. During the NCAA tourney, he interviewed many different college coaches. Since MLB started, he's had a lot of interviews with MLB players and coaches. I give Rome credit for having Ozzie Guillen and AJ Pierzynski on the show already this season. He's also had on other AL Central guests this month like Indians manager Eric Wedge, CC Sabathia and Ron Gardenhire.

And Rome's not hesitant to rip on the Cubbies. He's been ripping on Baker and Zambrano lately.