PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Messageboard

MUScholar21
05-04-2005, 11:43 AM
So, I'm tooling around the internet, avoiding work, and I stumble across ESPN.com's SportsNation, which usually has live chats with their 'experts' and such, and I find their Messageboard. I decide to stop by and see what is going on there. Lo and behold, I find some moron who has started a "Garland is overrated" thread or some crap like that. Not only are most of his (and the other posters) statistics wrong, but he ACTUALLY used as a witty retort "go attack some umps you drunken hillbilly". Is this stuff really still going around?
Are people really still fixated on this crap?

PS This is how I ended my involvement in the boards, and personally my perspective is that this is how we all should be thinking:

Does anyone else want to explain why the White Sox suck? Please, I'd like to hear it. The whole world wants to say how the Sox are terrible, they aren't going to win anything, the pitching won't hold up, and other crap.
Bottom line, the White Sox are 19-7. How apropos this discussion is taking place on an ESPN board-a network who believes that with the exception of LeBron, there is nothing between the East Coast and the West Coast. Sell Garland short all you want. I know I speak for all White Sox fans when I say we don't care-stay out of our park, keep our logo off you, and don't try and jump on the bandwagon.

TDog
05-04-2005, 11:50 AM
... I know I speak for all White Sox fans when I say we don't care-stay out of our park, keep our logo off you, and don't try and jump on the bandwagon.

In 1990, when the Sox began their resurgence as a decent team and people were getting their last look at the old ballpark, I saw a picture of a banner someone brought to Comiskey. It read:

YUPPIE SCUM GO BACK TO WRIGLEY

DaveIsHere
05-04-2005, 11:50 AM
I know I speak for all White Sox fans when I say we don't care-stay out of our park, keep our logo off you, and don't try and jump on the bandwagon.

NIce

Vestigio
05-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah that guy that was saying that Garland hasnt faced any team with a winning record is a moron.

If you want to see something really funny go over to the Cubs board and click the ESPN 1000 topic. That guy could not be any more stupid...

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=104&threadID=1732037&lastPostID=9517873

cheeses_h_rice
05-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Yeah that guy that was saying that Garland hasnt faced any team with a winning record is a moron.

If you want to see something really funny go over to the Cubs board and click the ESPN 1000 topic. That guy could not be any more stupid...

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=104&threadID=1732037&lastPostID=9517873

Haha, thanks for the link.

once again this station is showing how much it sucks all they talk about on the crappy mornig show is the white sox
i swear the cubs are hated by the media in chicago. all these two goofs talk about are jerry riensdork's teams: the bulls and the white sox.
any thing they have to say about the cubs is negative
what a joke of a station unbiased opinion fox news or espn radio

Oh, my.

:whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner:

MUScholar21
05-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Wait, wait-this post was even better!!!

i know ten off hand right now white sox fans who used to be cubs fans
i'mn not saying they should not cover the those teams but you really got to be dumb to not know just how bad that white sux team really is!
yet it's their great and their gonna win it all
as for the bulls, i don't care cover them,
and to those who think the cubs GET more coverage prove it
if you believe the balony spewed on am 670 your really stupid.
the only true cubs fan their, they fired les grobstien, and he was on the overnight
the white sox got 1000 and 670 the cubs got 720 from 7-9
prove it otherwise

:rolleyes: :whiner: :?:

HILARIOUS!!!

MUScholar21
05-04-2005, 12:16 PM
I just responded to the jackass who thinks he needs proof the White Sox get less coverage:

Number one, you can't be serious. The White Sox are the best team in baseball right now, like it or not. Suck it up, and deal with that.

Secondly, if you honestly believe that the Cubs get less coverage than the South Siders, you are obviously high. The Tribune, CLTV, WGN, Fox News, the Sun-Times, ESPN ALL cover the Cubs far more than the White Sox. Hell, three of those outlets are OWNED by the Cubs parent corporation, you freaking moron.
Learn to deal with the fact that the White Sox are the better team in town right now. You guys have had quite a few years where you guys were or almost were a justifiable story. Now it happens to be the White Sox time.

skobabe8
05-04-2005, 12:25 PM
I just responded to the jackass who thinks he needs proof the White Sox get less coverage:

Number one, you can't be serious. The White Sox are the best team in baseball right now, like it or not. Suck it up, and deal with that.

Secondly, if you honestly believe that the Cubs get less coverage than the South Siders, you are obviously high. The Tribune, CLTV, WGN, Fox News, the Sun-Times, ESPN ALL cover the Cubs far more than the White Sox. Hell, three of those outlets are OWNED by the Cubs parent corporation, you freaking moron.
Learn to deal with the fact that the White Sox are the better team in town right now. You guys have had quite a few years where you guys were or almost were a justifiable story. Now it happens to be the White Sox time.

Post an update when he responds.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-04-2005, 12:28 PM
In 1990, when the Sox began their resurgence as a decent team and people were getting their last look at the old ballpark, I saw a picture of a banner someone brought to Comiskey. It read:

YUPPIE SCUM GO BACK TO WRIGLEY

These sorts of Sox Fans need to be beaten about the head. I read nothing but pissing and moaning about how our team doesn't get enough media attention around here. I'm filled to the brim with ridiculous threads about attendance and an endless string of excuses alternately blaming the weather, the media, the school year, the front office, the owner, the PR disasters, the endless years of losing, blah blah blah...

If Sox Fans are culpable for anything, it's the attitude summed up in that stupid banner. Give me a ****ing break...

:angry: :mad: :angry:

cheeses_h_rice
05-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Wait, wait-this post was even better!!!

i know ten off hand right now white sox fans who used to be cubs fans
i'mn not saying they should not cover the those teams but you really got to be dumb to not know just how bad that white sux team really is!
yet it's their great and their gonna win it all
as for the bulls, i don't care cover them,
and to those who think the cubs GET more coverage prove it
if you believe the balony spewed on am 670 your really stupid.
the only true cubs fan their, they fired les grobstien, and he was on the overnight
the white sox got 1000 and 670 the cubs got 720 from 7-9
prove it otherwise

Man.

Doesn't the blazing intellect of this poster practically leap off the screen?

:whiner::whiner::whiner:

Vestigio
05-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Post an update when he responds.

This is what the guy said: "you sir are a disgruntled sux fan liek it or not"

Typical sCrUBs comeback. Im suprised he didnt bring up the Sox attendance...

MUScholar21
05-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Here's what I got (Cheeses, after reading this I wish there was a way to make your post MORE teal)

"you sir are a disgruntled sux fan liek it or not"

I checked out his profile, and he managed to put a picture of himself::woo-woo

:D:

MUScholar21
05-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Seriously. Who IS this guy?

i dun't cure whut yuo say yuo r a sux fan
btw do you know what the boys at baseball tonight think about your team?
they say the sux suck and will fade faster than a rock in water
btw all those stations of media you showed or whoever showed besides wgn and cltv cover the sux more and are more favorable toward the sux the tribune is not going to dog their own product so don't even mention them the very fact you bring up fox news as being biased towards the cubs says yo are wearing blinders and can not see past the fony sux record!

As Cousin Eddie says in Christmas Vacation, "Are you serious Clark?"

MUScholar21
05-04-2005, 12:48 PM
I have to go, but I encourage you all to stay on this guy. He's killing me.

Not to mention, it is funny as hell watching him try to string a coherent thought together:

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?threadID=1732037

Risk
05-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Seriously. Who IS this guy?

i dun't cure whut yuo say yuo r a sux fan
btw do you know what the boys at baseball tonight think about your team?
they say the sux suck and will fade faster than a rock in water
btw all those stations of media you showed or whoever showed besides wgn and cltv cover the sux more and are more favorable toward the sux the tribune is not going to dog their own product so don't even mention them the very fact you bring up fox news as being biased towards the cubs says yo are wearing blinders and can not see past the fony sux record!

As Cousin Eddie says in Christmas Vacation, "Are you serious Clark?"

So that's what is like to try to make a logical argument while high on meth. Wow, just wow.:rolleyes:

Risk

Uncle_Patrick
05-04-2005, 12:56 PM
the sux suck and will fade faster than a rock in water

Does a rock in water fade? What a dumb analogy. Seriously, this is just more proof that message boards that support multiple teams (like MLB or ESPN's boards) attract the biggest idiots.

MIgrenade
05-04-2005, 01:22 PM
You know, I am not one to troll or dwell on other teams boards, but this thread kills me. Then, to add insult to injury, Cub fans employ this "Us against the World mentality" where they always act like the victims when Sox and Cardinal fans talk about them. You have got to be kidding me. Most Cub fans always ridicule Sox fans, thereby chastising their attendance figures and ballpark. However, Cub fans are the victim though, right?

Oh wait, there is more; Cardinal fans are hillbilly inbreds located in a horrendous city. They play in that stupid cookie-cutter stadium. As reiterated before, you guys are the victims though?

As for the media thing, that is the biggest joke I have ever heard. Remember the Prior watch thing? Surely, that was an important issue for you guys, but do you honestly think fans from all over cared about that? Give me a break. There is definitely a media bias in Chicago and it definitely doesn't favor the Sox.

The bottom line is, the Cubs will always get media attention whether they are doing good or not. That is and has always been a fact.

Thats from a Cardinal fan. Just awesome.

likeawarlord
05-04-2005, 07:20 PM
thank god someones got their head on straight. reading that morons posts, i thought i was going to pass out.