PDA

View Full Version : Mike & Mike almost talked about SOX this morning ....

Hangar18
05-04-2005, 08:37 AM
about 6:45, Mike Greenberg: " Ok, stay with us, next hour Jason Stark will
be with us talking baseball, and we'll talk about the SURPRISING CHICAGO WHITE SOX, best record in baseball, more on them in a little bit"

After talking NBA bulljunk and taking forever to make their points as they
usually do, Stark came on finally around 7:30 and Green says the Yankees
are the "biggest story in baseball" are in trouble and takes 10 minutes to make his point. Stark goes into great detail whats wrong with the Yankees
and the other guy belches his breakfast and agrees with whatever theyre saying and they spend the whole session talking about how to fix the Yankees, and
if Clemens is a possibility to come back to NY (memo to M&M, youve talked about Clemens to NY 4 of the last 5 days already-get new material)

Then, they went back to NBA talk ............ and never talked about the SOX.
At about 8:45, I simply turned the dial .....................

Ol' No. 2
05-04-2005, 08:55 AM
be with us talking baseball, and we'll talk about the SURPRISING CHICAGO WHITE SOX, best record in baseball, more on them in a little bit"

are the "biggest story in baseball" are in trouble and takes 10 minutes to make his point. Stark goes into great detail whats wrong with the Yankees
and the other guy belches his breakfast and agrees with whatever theyre saying and they spend the whole session talking about how to fix the Yankees, and
if Clemens is a possibility to come back to NY (memo to M&M, youve talked about Clemens to NY 4 of the last 5 days already-get new material)

At about 8:45, I simply turned the dial .....................Golic went TWO WHOLE HOURS without talking about football? :thud:

Irishsox1
05-04-2005, 10:28 AM

At about 8:45, I simply turned the dial .....................

What a total waste of time. Speaking of wasting time, Hanger are you gonna have another Sox game watching at BW3's?

MUScholar21
05-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Well, I promise you they didn't talk about the Sox AFTER 8:45a. Whatever, we only have a two month window before they start talking football training camp anyway.

balke
05-04-2005, 12:15 PM
The Yankees aren't a good story. They are just a really bad team that costs too much in a huge media market. Instead of laughing stocks as they should be, they are a "fix waiting to happen". HAHA, feels good to say the Yankees suck.

spawn
05-04-2005, 04:34 PM
They did talk about the Sox a little before 6:00...Of course, the talk started about the disaster that is the Yankees. After a few minutes of "will the Yankees make a trade for Roger Clemens?", Greenberg started talking about the White Sox, and how they've had the lead in a record breaking 26 games in a row. Golic grunted about how amazing that is before chowing down on a donut(not sure if that should be in teal or not!), and how the Sox continue to roll. The thing that amazes me is no one is talking about Iiguchi...the guy gets 4 hits last night, and no one notices. Hell, in the Chicago media, they seemed to be more interested in Corey Patterson getting ejected than Iguchi's 4 hits, including his first homer. I guess he's the prime example of the Sox and 'Flying under the radar'!

Nellie_Fox
05-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Whatever, we only have a two month window before they start talking football training camp anyway.You mean they've stopped talking about the NFL draft already? They haven't on Twin Cities talk radio.

soxwon
05-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Its Useless

After we win the world series this year.
they will be talking about What the CUBS need to do to win the Series. because if the SOX can do it, the Cubs can do it easier.

We will never be #1 here
So lets just enjoy all the hoopla, about our CHAMPIONS.
(when that day comes)

jackbrohamer
05-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Maybe they can be like the Cub Times and talk about former top Cub prospect Jon Garland next time he pitches

Ol' No. 2
05-04-2005, 05:11 PM
You mean they've stopped talking about the NFL draft already? They haven't on Twin Cities talk radio.But it's now time to start talking about mini-camp.:(:

zach074
05-04-2005, 05:17 PM
. The thing that amazes me is no one is talking about Iiguchi...the guy gets 4 hits last night, and no one notices. Hell, in the Chicago media, they seemed to be more interested in Corey Patterson getting ejected than Iguchi's 4 hits, including his first homer. I guess he's the prime example of the Sox and 'Flying under the radar'!

Gooch has been flying under the radar since we signed him. No one paid any attention then and they don't now. Maybe they will pay attention when he's the rookie of the year.