PDA

View Full Version : Lip Gets A Mention In The Sun-Times

DrCrawdad
05-04-2005, 04:30 AM
Our "old friend" Lip gets name checked by Sun-Times columnist Ron Rapoport today (May 4, 2005) (http://www.suntimes.com/output/rapoport/cst-spt-rap03.html).

If you could see them now

Old friend Mark Liptak notes that Jon Garland (5-0), Dontrelle Willis (5-0), Jamie Moyer (4-0), Matt Clement (3-0) and Jon Lieber (4-1) are among the hottest starters in baseball. And to think once all were with the Cubs. ...

Lip Man 1
05-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Actually I shouldn't have gotten the credit. I passed it along after seeing it here at WSI in another thread.

Lip

Irishsox1
05-04-2005, 12:48 PM
The best part of that is Garland and Willis were traded away before they ever played a game for the Flubbies. The Cubs have a history of giving up on talent and keeping bums. Just ask Joe Carter or Lou Brock.

batmanZoSo
05-04-2005, 11:51 PM
The best part of that is Garland and Willis were traded away before they ever played a game for the Flubbies. The Cubs have a history of giving up on talent and keeping bums. Just ask Joe Carter or Lou Brock.

Good stuff. Wasn't Kalil Greene with the cubs farm system too? Don't forget Ivan DeJesus.

I'm sort of rooting for Farnsworth to become a dominant closer. On one hand it would tear cub fans apart, but on the other he'd probably get a lot of saves against us over the years.

Lip Man 1
05-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Greene was San Diego's #1 pick from a few years ago.

Lip