PDA

View Full Version : Another Yankees thread: Rays lead 6-0 in the first against KBrown

MRKARNO
05-03-2005, 06:40 PM
They've already batted around on singles and doubles and there has only been oen out.

Gotta love listening to this game with Dave Wills on XM Radio.

Kogs35
05-03-2005, 06:44 PM
espn radio 1050 will have a field day with brown tomorow in nyc. i guess michael kay is happy he took this series off.

The Racehorse
05-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Georgie's ship is listing to one side, big time... DRAYs have 6 runs scored bottom of the 1st still only one out. Kevin Brown can't get his own Grand-ma out at the plate... whoa, he just got someone to fly out for the second out of the inning...

... I hope the USS Steinbrenner sinks like a torpedoed rowboat.

[during my spell check, KBrown must have finally pitched against his Granny cuz he finally got out of the inning... Yankmess 0 DRays 6, end of 1st]

The Racehorse
05-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Whoops! 5 minutes late with the Yankmees stuff... ya da man MRKARNO! :cool:

MRKARNO
05-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Whoops! 5 minutes late with the Yankmees stuff... ya da man MRKARNO! :cool:

Nobody cares about the Yankees. Why do we keep starting threads about them at a SOX site??

:D::D:

MRKARNO
05-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Skanks loose 11-4. That lineup change did a lot of good

SOXintheBURGH
05-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Kevin "My back doesn't hurt" Brown improves to a healthy 0-4.

NonetheLoaiza
05-03-2005, 10:10 PM
The baseball gods are fed up with the Yankees free spending ways. Hey George, maybe you should find a farm system.

PS...to think, Jaret Wright was rumored to be coming to the Sox...::wiping brow::

SpartanSoxFan
05-03-2005, 11:17 PM
I guess it doesn't matter how many juiced-up sluggers you sign to multi-million dollar contracts as long as you don't have any starting pitching.

Baby Fisk
05-04-2005, 08:34 AM
I was blessed with the FSN Florida feed for this game. In the 8th inning (11-4 Tampa), the fans started getting really boisterous at the Yankees. The familiar "Yankees Suck!" chant started up in earnest. The announcers couldn't resist getting into it.

Announcer #1 - "It sounds like the fans are chanting something. It sounds like Yankees...and I can't quite make out the rest of it..." *snickering*

Announcer #2 - "Yeah I can hear that. They are really chanting in key."

Announcer #1 - "Heh heh!"

Announcer #2 - "Heh heh!"

[*camera cuts to a shot of several well-tanned Floridians in D-Rays hats whooping it up*]

That was awesome. :cool:

Fenway
05-04-2005, 01:33 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/563-0504bigback.jpg

Mike Lupica OUCH!!!!

They spent the money to fix the pitching this time. If you add up all the contracts, the Yankees spent about $120 million on Randy Johnson, Carl Pavano, Jaret Wright. Kevin Brown, who gave up what felt like 80 runs to the Devil Rays last night, will end up costing them $30 million, whether they release him or not. Last night, the staff assembled by Brian Cashman and friends, the most expensive ever assembled on the most expensive team ever assembled, gave up 11 more runs. Suddenly the Yankees give you about as much bang for your buck as the Knicks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/story/306346p-262137c.html

The Racehorse
05-04-2005, 06:25 PM
They spent the money to fix the pitching this time. If you add up all the contracts, the Yankees spent about $120 million on Randy Johnson, Carl Pavano, Jaret Wright. Kevin Brown, who gave up what felt like 80 runs to the Devil Rays last night, will end up costing them $30 million, whether they release him or not.

... and to think Steinbrenner had his grubby hands on Loaiza, Contreres & Lieber. Not one of those three will ever be mistaken for Cy Young, but compared to the stiffs the Yankees are running run out there, they're all Walter Johnson... I bet The Loss wishes he had at least kept one of those guys.

MRKARNO
05-04-2005, 06:30 PM
... and to think Steinbrenner had his grubby hands on Loaiza, Contreres & Lieber. Not one of those three will ever be mistaken for Cy Young, but compared to the stiffs the Yankees are running run out there, they're all Walter Johnson... I bet The Loss wishes he had at least kept one of those guys.

Well he didnt have Loaiza and Contreras at the same time, but he did have Jeff Weaver and Yhency Brazoban, who were traded for the vastly superior veteran Kevin Brown. Those two could have really helped the Yankees recently.