PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Fireworks

kevingrt
05-03-2005, 04:16 PM
I know this may seem like a stupid quesiton but does anyone know the songs the Sox play during Saturday Night Firework nights. I know they change it occasionally but some songs such as "Everything She Does Is Magic" by the Police is played often. If anyone has any of the other songs on the top of their hand could you please post them. Don't ask why... I was maybe gonna create my own show in the backyard, :gulp:

MUScholar21
05-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Email Brooks, he'll let you know.

kevingrt
05-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Email Brooks, he'll let you know.

What's his e-mail?

TomC727
05-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Give me a day and I will have all the songs for you. Lets just say that I know a couple people.

kevingrt
05-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Give me a day and I will have all the songs for you. Lets just say that I know a couple people.

Thanks buddy, you can just PM to me if you want, or others may want them

TomC727
05-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Ok, here is the list of songs from Sat. night's show.

The Supremes - Baby Love by
The Four Tops - Can't help myself
Marvin Gaye - Ain't No Mountain
The Temptations - My Girl
The Marvelettes - Please Mr. Postman
Stevie Wonder - Uptight

Also Here are a couple songs which are pretty popular on Sat. night shows there.

The Police - Everything She Does Is Magic
Louie Armstrong - What A Wonderful World
Elton John - Rocketman

Please let me know if you want anymore Sat. Night Show Soundtracks.

jenmcm76
05-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Ok, here is the list of songs from Sat. night's show.

The Supremes - Baby Love by
The Four Tops - Can't help myself
Marvin Gaye - Ain't No Mountain
The Temptations - My Girl
The Marvelettes - Please Mr. Postman
Stevie Wonder - Uptight

Yeah, but Saturday's show was customized for Motown Night... Not that they'd never play those songs during a regular fireworks night, but it's not exactly a typical lineup.

TomC727
05-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Yeah, but Saturday's show was customized for Motown Night... Not that they'd never play those songs during a regular fireworks night, but it's not exactly a typical lineup.

Each show has a different soundtrack and does not usually have the same songs. The songs that are the most common I have posted already. The only time you will hear the same songs is if by chance a soundtrack is repeated later on in the year which is rare.

Brian26
05-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Each show has a different soundtrack and does not usually have the same songs. The songs that are the most common I have posted already. The only time you will hear the same songs is if by chance a soundtrack is repeated later on in the year which is rare.

I remember the Saturday night game against Detroit last July (Crede's walkoff to put us in first place for the last time) had a fireworks show with all classical music.

SpammySosa
05-04-2005, 06:22 PM

I love that new signature,Jen!:bandance:

TomC727
05-04-2005, 07:41 PM
I remember the Saturday night game against Detroit last July (Crede's walkoff to put us in first place for the last time) had a fireworks show with all classical music.

Yes, Usually Each show has a theme to it. From last year off the top of my head, there was tropical and classical theme. I also think there was a showtunes theme ( I think there was, not entirely sure.)

35th St. Slick
05-04-2005, 07:48 PM
In between the end of the game and the fireworks, they had a MOTOWN TRIVIA CONTEST.

Kind of like name that tune...

A white guy, a white woman and a black guy.

They all tied with one correct, and then it was 'sudden death'.

The black dude lost.

I can't believe he didn't know Smokey Robinson's "Tears of a Clown" PRIOR to the sudden death. He should have been booed off the field.

jenmcm76
05-05-2005, 10:12 AM
I love that new signature,Jen!:bandance:

Thanks! :D: I thought of it while at the game on Sunday, though my first thought was to put it on a T-shirt...