PDA

View Full Version : Tom House, Priors personal pitching coach talks roids

irish rover
05-03-2005, 11:28 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/05/03/sports/s085231D33.DTL

use goes back to the 60's

MeanFish
05-03-2005, 11:52 AM
As much fun as it is to bash/defame the Cubs, Tom House has been a pitching coach to MANY pitchers over the years. Heck, my brother has a Tom House instructional pitching video. Granted, he may be Prior's pitching coach but to use Prior's name in the thread title is somewhat irresponsible, much like it was when we blasted Phil Rogers a few weeks ago for implying that Frank may have used them.

There is a witch hunt afoot, but we don't need to be the hunters.

irish rover
05-03-2005, 12:02 PM
As much fun as it is to bash/defame the Cubs, Tom House has been a pitching coach to MANY pitchers over the years. Heck, my brother has a Tom House instructional pitching video. Granted, he may be Prior's pitching coach but to use Prior's name in the thread title is somewhat irresponsible, much like it was when we blasted Phil Rogers a few weeks ago for implying that Frank may have used them.

There is a witch hunt afoot, but we don't need to be the hunters.

I only use his name as a means to identify who House was, many do not know him other than the one who caught Hanks home run. Since Prior was consider the best pitcher with the best mech prior to him coming into the majors, it adds to House's credibility as an insturctor

I was NOT attempting to witch hunt nor was it irresponsible to use his name, however it is somewhat irresponsible for you to assume and to draw that conclusion, which was NOT my intent

daveeym
05-03-2005, 01:37 PM
I only use his name as a means to identify who House was, many do not know him other than the one who caught Hanks home run. Since Prior was consider the best pitcher with the best mech prior to him coming into the majors, it adds to House's credibility as an insturctor

I was NOT attempting to witch hunt nor was it irresponsible to use his name, however it is somewhat irresponsible for you to assume and to draw that conclusion, which was NOT my intent Ignore the PC/race baiters.

The Racehorse
05-03-2005, 01:41 PM
But players from the late 60s and through out the 70s weren't freaky big, muscle-bound players like players from the late 90s and early 00s. C'mon, House can't be right!

Hell, I guessed widespread use went back to the early to mid 80s... my guess was still off by 15 years [or so].

When it comes to steroid use in MLB, the revelations of who used, if they ever come to light, won't suprise me one bit... regardless of who they were or their popularity with the fans.

MeanFish
05-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Ignore the PC/race baiters, meanfish always does this.

I do? :?: Seriously, I don't have *that* many posts and I certainly haven't intentionally spent any of them "baiting" people as you say I have. I'm pretty close to being the least politically correct person in existence, and I don't believe I've ever discussed race on this board even once.

Irish: I admit that I jumped the gun a bit and overreacted at the thread title. For that I apologize. I wouldn't have reacted that way if it weren't for the facts that a.) Prior's name has come up in steroid talk before, and, b.) Tom House was/is, or so I had assumed (likely incorrectly), a pretty well known guy in baseball circles.

In short, my bad.

daveeym
05-03-2005, 03:55 PM
I do? :?: Seriously, I don't have *that* many posts and I certainly haven't intentionally spent any of them "baiting" people as you say I have. I'm pretty close to being the least politically correct person in existence, and I don't believe I've ever discussed race on this board even once.

Irish: I admit that I jumped the gun a bit and overreacted at the thread title. For that I apologize. I wouldn't have reacted that way if it weren't for the facts that a.) Prior's name has come up in steroid talk before, and, b.) Tom House was/is, or so I had assumed (likely incorrectly), a pretty well known guy in baseball circles.

In short, my bad.I thought you were one of the anti "gooch" people also, if not my apologies.

MeanFish
05-03-2005, 04:02 PM
I thought you were one of the anti "gooch" people also, if not my apologies.

Apology accepted. :cool:

I guess we're all good now. I'll :gulp: to that :)

irish rover
05-03-2005, 05:00 PM

In short, my bad.

ok, sorta my bad too in that I should have made it more clear as to why I was using his name, for I understand how that could be interp

shoota
05-09-2005, 02:37 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/05/03/sports/s085231D33.DTL

use goes back to the 60's

When I read about this in the Tribune, I made the connection between House and Prior. Jack McDowell called out Prior publicly stating that he shows signs of steroid use. As a former major league starting pitcher who doesn't have a book to sell, McDowell has credibility on the subject. Couple that with Tom House's admission of using not just steroids, but everything he could get his hands on, and there is reasonable suspicion that Prior is a steroid abuser.