PDA

View Full Version : Here's to the receivers...

Mark
05-03-2005, 11:04 AM
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/032sd1.htm

MUsoxfan
05-03-2005, 11:08 AM
I thought that was a great article. I think that final Bull Durham quote sums up our pitchers very well. When they get to thinking about what they're gonna do it has always led to disaster

MUScholar21
05-03-2005, 11:24 AM
I was just talking about this with one of my buddies, wondering if/when the media was going to catch on. AJ is calling a hell of a game for Buehrle, and Widger has to get a lot of credit for Garland's fast start eventually.

I was starting to worry only I appreciated the job these two have done, and the lack of credit.

jmoney
05-03-2005, 12:21 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox03.html

here's a similar article about the catchers

seanpmurphy
05-03-2005, 12:33 PM
I was just talking about this with one of my buddies, wondering if/when the media was going to catch on. AJ is calling a hell of a game for Buehrle, and Widger has to get a lot of credit for Garland's fast start eventually.

I was starting to worry only I appreciated the job these two have done, and the lack of credit.

Another note on Widger, since becoming a White Sox he's hit his first ML home run in 5 years, and double in 2 years. Glad he's coming out his offensive shell on our squad, let's hope he explodes with some confidence.

NorthlakeTom
05-03-2005, 03:15 PM
This just confirms my opinion of all the BS about AJ prior to the season...that it was exactly that - BS.

mealfred13
05-03-2005, 05:45 PM
The South Siders also have gone from allowing the most home runs in the AL last season (224) to the league's fewest (16) so far in 2005.

I think that line is one of the biggest things to think about this year. A large portion of the games we lost last year were due to the long ball. Those "one bad inning[s]" of Garland's were often caused by a 3-run shot or something of that nature, and Garcia was hurt repeatedly by giving up homeruns. Now that that is no longer a big issue (at least so far in the season), it's giving us a much better chance of staying in close games and not letting other teams run away with the lead. Hopefully this trend continues throughout the season. If it does, I like our chances.