PDA

View Full Version : THE PERFECT "BASEBALL TONIGHT"

ClaudelSleptHere
05-03-2005, 07:49 AM
Here is my idea of the perfect format for "Baseball Tonight." First half of the show is devoted only to highlights of all that night's games, with home runs, key hits, great fielding plays, and effective pitching highlights shown in the context of the game in which they took place. This would be accompanied by an unseen voice reading copy from a teleprompter.

Second half of the show is devoted to "expert" analysis telling me who to root for, who not to root for, and why. Follow this with the same experts demonstrating on an indoor diamond things that they could never do during their mediocre careers or helping current major leaguers who have twice the talent as the experts ever had come out of their slumps or improve their game. A few comedy bits...a few top five lists...maybe even the ever-popular call-in poll, and end the show with some big laughs.

Oh, by the way, I shut it off halfway through.

mccoydp
05-06-2005, 01:01 PM
I can't watch that show any longer. I used to, but I can only stomach so much of the Yankees, Red Sox, and the other East Coast teams.

I recall watching ESPNews one weekend, I think it was NFL draft day, and I saw zero White Sox stories over a two hour period. Maybe they showed them while I was in the bathroom, I don't know...

Hangar18
05-06-2005, 01:18 PM
That show can be soooooooooooooooooooooo much better. Hilites should begin with the leading teams in the divisions ........ Best Record leads off.
Obviously, Eastern States Propoganda Network has a different agenda,
that to promote the Yankees, Red Sox and Cubs.