PDA

View Full Version : Official 2 teams gone

Jerry_Manuel
11-06-2001, 05:48 PM
According to Channel 5 (NBC) they said that 2 teams are gone. As many of you know the owners meetings are in Chicago. They (MLB Owners) wouldn't say which 2 teams.

cheeses_h_rice
11-06-2001, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
According to Channel 5 (NBC) they said that 2 teams are gone. As many of you know the owners meetings are in Chicago. They (MLB Owners) wouldn't say which 2 teams.

Please god, answer just one prayer:

The Cubs and Indians.

Jerry_Manuel
11-06-2001, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Please god, answer just one prayer:

The Cubs and Indians.

My god could you imagine the article Mariotti would write?

Jerry_Manuel
11-06-2001, 05:53 PM
This was on the front page of espn:
Major League Baseball owners voted Tuesday in favor of eliminating two teams. Commissioner Bud Selig did not name the teams, but speculation centers on the Twins and Expos. Owners want Selig to complete contraction by the start of the 2002 season. If Minnesota goes, it will be ownership's most despicable act ever, writes ESPN.com's Jim Caple.

cheeses_h_rice
11-06-2001, 05:55 PM
Jerry, pardon my ignorance, but who is that buxom blonde in your new .sig? Jessica Simpson?

Jerry_Manuel
11-06-2001, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Jerry, pardon my ignorance, but who is that buxom blonde in your new .sig? Jessica Simpson?

That would be Trish Stratus, of the World Wrestling Federation. There is a thread about my new sig in the parking lot. Anyway back to this post, Boston says there will be no lockout of the players. Which came from the mouth of the Tool.

GASHWOUND
11-06-2001, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Yeah, I just saw Boston on ESPN and he said it would be the Twins and Expos.(as previously thought) It will be interseting how this dispersal draft will work. But Selig said there will be no lockout and spring training will start in time. With two fewer teams.

Jerry_Manuel
11-06-2001, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Yeah, I just saw Boston on ESPN and he said it would be the Twins and Expos.(as previously thought) It will be interseting how this dispersal draft will work. But Selig said there will be no lockout and spring training will start in time. With two fewer teams.

The dispersal draft will be fun, but why do I get the feeling the Sox will end up with a nobody?

:reinsy
I'm not going to take on the salary of some reject from Minnesota.

Spiff
11-06-2001, 06:53 PM
I want (Besides the big names like Vlad and Vidro) Cristian Guzman, Orlando Cabrera, Torii Hunter or A.J. Pierzinski.

Or any good relievers.

Joel Perez
11-06-2001, 07:12 PM
Bud's take (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/1106/1274159.html)

Notice what he said about how many teams that they're looking at.

Is it just me, or are the White Sox in any trouble?

Jerry_Manuel
11-06-2001, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
Notice what he said about how many teams that they're looking at.

Is it just me, or are the White Sox in any trouble?

I didn't click the link but I heard Gammons say 4 teams were going to go. No way the Sox are in trouble, Jerry is a very close friend of the Tool and Chicago is a huge media market. Not even Selig is stupid enough to try to take away an audience that big.

nut_stock
11-06-2001, 09:29 PM
The Sox are no where near "in-trouble" (well at least contraction wise).

New Ballpark with lots of luxury boxes
Huge Media Market
Jerry doesn't want to have his team contracted
and the biggest factor of all:
The Sox are usually profitable, which is not necessarily an easy task today. aka Jerry's not losing money on the Sox.

duke of dorwood
11-06-2001, 09:36 PM
I don't believe a word about that 4 team thing they refer to. They're the bad guys trying to sound like good guys.