PDA

View Full Version : Ed Farmer on Cheap Seats

BearSox
05-02-2005, 09:31 PM
They were playing the 1980 All Star game on Cheap Seats and Ed Farmer was on the mound for a portion of it and the guys got their shots in ofcourse...

-First they commented on the 1980 White Sox uniforms saying something like the White Sox were the first team to where full suit jackets as uniforms.

-Then the announcer was talking about Farmers measurables and the guys added an afro to Farmers head to add on to his height.

-There was then a ball hit up the middle of the infield that hit off of Farmers foot and they remarked that Farmer was just keeoing it away from Willie Randolf at second who was having a horrible defensive game...

-This ones not white sox related but I love how they constantly rip Steve Garvey because they reviewed a show earlier where Garvey was part of this Celebrity Fishing trip and it had to be the most cheesiest humor I had ever seen that you felt sorry for the guy, so you'd see Garvey at first and then they'd flash to one of the stupid unfunny things Garvey would be doing on the fishing show.

All I can say is I love Cheap Seats and it was cool to see the White Sox make it on an episode.

FedEx227
05-02-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm sort of upset this season of Cheap Seats, I was a die-hard Season 1 fan (hell, I own a Cheap Seats T-Shirt/Have All of them Recorded) but this season is lacking, not only do they not seem as funny, they seem to be trying waaaay too hard to be funny, plus this studio audience stuff was so lame 'cause all it turned out to be was some stupid laugh-track over everything they said. Cahmon Randy/Jason lets go back to the old days!

Jerome
05-02-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm sort of upset this season of Cheap Seats, I was a die-hard Season 1 fan (hell, I own a Cheap Seats T-Shirt/Have All of them Recorded) but this season is lacking, not only do they not seem as funny, they seem to be trying waaaay too hard to be funny, plus this studio audience stuff was so lame 'cause all it turned out to be was some stupid laugh-track over everything they said. Cahmon Randy/Jason lets go back to the old days!

FedEx man, you are right about cheap seats. I love that show. (Best episode - putt-putt golf) Haven't seen too much of the new season though.

jdm2662
05-02-2005, 10:31 PM
I tried watching this show, but I find it not funny at all...
________
Vapor genie review (http://vaporizer.org/)

Over By There
05-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Glad to hear there are other Cheap Seats fans out there - I love that show. :smile:

TomParrish79
05-03-2005, 09:54 PM
I dont know what genius thought putting a studio audience in there would make the show better, because all it managed to do is destroy the whole atmosphere of the show, hopefully the audience was for just last night's show.

Sox-on-TV44
06-13-2005, 11:29 AM
I missed that episode.But last week,they had the 1978 Superteams (The old ABC Superstars spinoff),when they had the 1978 Dallas Cowboys versus the much0-hated 1978 Kansas City Royals.Man I thank Randy and Jason for being die-hard St. Louis Cardinals fans,because they ripped the '78 Royals left and right.Plus they keep mentioning about George Brett's hemmeroids.

That's what the Royals get for ruining 1977 for us Sox fans!!!!!

I want Mags back
06-13-2005, 12:29 PM
what the hell is cheap seats. what channel is it on

Foulke You
06-13-2005, 01:02 PM
what the hell is cheap seats. what channel is it on
Cheap Seats is a show similar to Mystery Science Theater 3000 but instead of ripping on cheesy sci fi movies, the Cheap Seats guys tell jokes and rip on old cheesy sports clips. I've seen everything from lumberjack competitions, dart competition, mini-golf championships, and strongest man competitions. They use a lot of stuff from ABC Wide World of Sports. It is actually a pretty funny show. Being a Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan, I enjoyed the episode where Mike and the bots made a guest appearance. The show is on usually late at night on ESPN Classic, FYI.

http://www.cheapseats.tv/