PDA

View Full Version : "Inside the Cubs clubhouse" looks like Fox news is going to smear the Cubs tonight.

chisoxmike
05-02-2005, 09:19 PM
On Fox news tonight at 9, there is going to be a special report on a guy who was fired by the Cubs, and he's going to spill the beans on the team. Hmmmmmmmm....

chisoxmike
05-02-2005, 09:25 PM
It's on right now...

1) Sammy told this guy he didn't want to play the day before the last game of the season.

2) Dusty is to blame for the media problems

3) Injuries were because of a unlicensed head trainer, Jim Hendry didnt want to hear the "truth"

4) Several players busted Sammy's boom box

SOX ADDICT '73
05-02-2005, 09:31 PM
It's on right now...

1) Sammy told this guy he didn't want to play the day before the last game of the season.

2) Dusty is to blame for the media problems

3) Injuries were because of a unlicensed head trainer, Jim Hendry didnt want to hear the "truth"

4) Several players busted Sammy's boom box
This is an "expose?" I thought we knew all of this stuff already.

"...an unnamed source tells us that Moises Alou urinates on his hands, and that Harry Caray is dead."

Uncle_Patrick
05-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah, all this stuff has been in the newspaper before. I know there a lot of people here that love to see all this dirt about the Cubs, but this guy, Krum, seems like a real whiner. I mean, yeah, he seems to have a reason to be mad and he might be telling the truth about everything, but there's something about him that kinda bugs me.

gosox41
05-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Yeah, all this stuff has been in the newspaper before. I know there a lot of people here that love to see all this dirt about the Cubs, but this guy, Krum, seems like a real whiner. I mean, yeah, he seems to have a reason to be mad and he might be telling the truth about everything, but there's something about him that kinda bugs me.

Me too. But as long as he's telling the truth and making the Cubs look bad I won't complain too much.

Was this the segment where he was supposed to talk about Hendery covering up Prior's elbow injury by saying it was an achillies injury? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Bob

Lip Man 1
05-03-2005, 11:08 AM
An 'unliscensed' head trainer? That's pretty serious stuff. If true I can't believe one of the Cub players wouldn't have told the MLBPA about it. That's like having an 'unliscensed' M.D. work on you.

That sounds a little far fetched to me.

Lip

MUsoxfan
05-03-2005, 11:12 AM
An 'unliscensed' head trainer? That's pretty serious stuff. If true I can't believe one of the Cub players wouldn't have told the MLBPA about it. That's like having an 'unliscensed' M.D. work on you.

That sounds a little far fetched to me.

Lip

The guy worked for Dusty for many years out in California (and I believe the Giants re-hired him). Trainers licenses are probably not transferrable from state to state. He was licensed in California, but probably didn't think he needed to go through the testing process here in IL. I don't think the guy was like Smokey in The Junction Boys where he was always sucking down bourbon and not caring.

irish rover
05-03-2005, 11:36 AM
The guy worked for Dusty for many years out in California (and I believe the Giants re-hired him). Trainers licenses are probably not transferrable from state to state. He was licensed in California, but probably didn't think he needed to go through the testing process here in IL. I don't think the guy was like Smokey in The Junction Boys where he was always sucking down bourbon and not caring.

True, he had a license, but not in Illinois. The other thing is I don't think players would actually seek out info on whether a guy had a license or not, I think there is a cetain amount of trust with the org to do the right thing. I mean the team does have a ton of money invested in these guys

To me it seem The Dude pulls alot of weight with the org, thus they never ? his choice for trainer, then when it was found out to avoid all bad pub they tried to hide the facts

alittle CYA