PDA

View Full Version : Just Ran Into John Rooney At Starbucks

Brian26
05-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Just saw John at Starbucks on Orleans near the new Comcast studios. He went in right before me. It appeared he was looking for a treat, but didn't see anything he liked. I said, "Hi John!". He was really cool and offered his hand to shake. I introduced myself and said I was a big fan...a big fan of Ed and him too. I asked him what he was doing down there, and he mentioned he had just taped a show over at Comcast. Class act all the way around. I would have invited him over for dinner (wife is making buffalo chicken as we speak), but he appeared to be in a rush.

OKCidiot
05-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Coolness, although I'm more of a Caribou Coffee person... their mochas are out of this world! Wish they'd open one here in OKC... :(: they'd make a killing in Bricktown!

ilsox7
05-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Coolness, although I'm more of a Caribou Coffee person... their mochas are out of this world! Wish they'd open one here in OKC... :(: they'd make a killing in Bricktown!

Y'all realize those things are like the absolute worst thing for your heart?

OKCidiot
05-02-2005, 07:33 PM

... but if that doesn't get ya, something else will!

Soxzilla
05-02-2005, 07:46 PM

What isn't these days.:redneck

Rocklive99
05-02-2005, 07:52 PM
He was on Chicago Tribune Live today. They're replaying it tomorow at 11 am if anyone's interested

kevingrt
05-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Just saw John at Starbucks on Orleans near the new Comcast studios. He went in right before me. It appeared he was looking for a treat, but didn't see anything he liked. I said, "Hi John!". He was really cool and offered his hand to shake. I introduced myself and said I was a big fan...a big fan of Ed and him too. I asked him what he was doing down there, and he mentioned he had just taped a show over at Comcast. Class act all the way around. I would have invited him over for dinner (wife is making buffalo chicken as we speak), but he appeared to be in a rush.

I met Willsy last year and he was a class act too. The White Sox radio booth is awesome, one of the best duos in the buiz!

elrod
05-02-2005, 07:53 PM
What is Bricktown?

HomeFish
05-02-2005, 08:15 PM
What is Bricktown?

The jewel of the Northwest Side.

OKCidiot
05-02-2005, 08:22 PM
What is Bricktown?

Sorry I didn't clarify... Bricktown is an old warehouse district just east of downtown Oklahoma City. Over the past 10 years or so the old warehouse buildings have been refurbished and it has been transformed into an area of fine restaurants, nightclubs, etc. One of the streets has also been replaced with a canal and there's a water taxi that cruises through. Bricktown Ballpark is also there (home of the Oklahoma City Redhawks... AAA club for the Texas Rangers... it's a really cool park!). I wouldn't say it's quite on par with the San Antonio Riverwalk, but it's still a work in progress and it's come a long way in the 6 years I've been here.

And a Caribou Coffee shop would do outstanding business there!

CallMeNuts
05-02-2005, 08:27 PM

Worse than Shingo in the 9th with a 1-run lead and 3 left-handed batters due up?

Brian26
05-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Worse than Shingo in the 9th with a 1-run lead and 3 left-handed batters due up?

The Venti Caramel Frappucino probably is worse.