PDA

View Full Version : comparison

Bmr31
11-06-2001, 03:09 PM
The cubs go out and sign pedro and maddux. All of a sudden they are the best team in baseball. This isnt fair. This isnt good for baseball.

Iwritecode
11-06-2001, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
The cubs go out and sign pedro and maddux. All of a sudden they are the best team in baseball. This isnt fair. This isnt good for baseball.

What, every team should only be allowed 1 or 2 all-star caliber players? Any more than that isn't fair? Does that mean the Yankees should give some of their players to the Royals and Tigers?

Nellie_Fox
11-06-2001, 03:12 PM
You're absolutely correct; it's not good for baseball that championships can be bought. However, once you have the players, by whatever means you acquired them, how you use them is up to you and their talents.

Bmr31
11-06-2001, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

What, every team should only be allowed 1 or 2 all-star caliber players? Any more than that isn't fair? Does that mean the Yankees should give some of their players to the Royals and Tigers?

HUH??? Teams can have 20 all stars for all i care, as long as all teams have the same opportunities to achieve that.

Bmr31
11-06-2001, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
You're absolutely correct; it's not good for baseball that championships can be bought. However, once you have the players, by whatever means you acquired them, how you use them is up to you and their talents.

i agree. My idea of limiting starts was only to curve this idea that you can buy two great pitchers and win a title.

Spiff
11-06-2001, 03:18 PM
I don't understand when your argument went from using the pitchers too much to having them in the first place.

Iwritecode
11-06-2001, 03:20 PM

HUH??? Teams can have 20 all stars for all i care, as long as all teams have the same opportunities to achieve that.

They do. FA's can go anywhere they want. It's their asking price that doesn't allow some teams the opportunity to get them.

Bmr31
11-06-2001, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
I don't understand when your argument went from using the pitchers too much to having them in the first place.

I guess i was just trying to find a way around free agency buying a title.

Iwritecode
11-06-2001, 03:29 PM

I guess i was just trying to find a way around free agency buying a title.

I think I'm starting to understand a little bit. So if 10 years down the road Burly and Garland are the two most dominant pitchers in baseball and they lead the Sox to the championship by pitching 5 WS games, it's ok because the were home-grown. Yet, on the other hand, it's not fair for us to use them that many times...

Allrighty then.

Bmr31
11-06-2001, 03:35 PM

I think I'm starting to understand a little bit. So if 10 years down the road Burly and Garland are the two most dominant pitchers in baseball and they lead the Sox to the championship by pitching 5 WS games, it's ok because the were home-grown. Yet, on the other hand, it's not fair for us to use them that many times...

Allrighty then.

*****!!!!!!!!

ok youre way out there in fantasy land. There is no way in hell, in todays game, that we will have garland and buehrle, in 10 years. Be realistic.

cheeses_h_rice
11-06-2001, 03:39 PM

Allrighty then.

*****. Good one, IWC.

Moses_Scurry
11-06-2001, 03:54 PM

I completely agree 100%. The Cubs being good would not be good for baseball!!

Iwritecode
11-06-2001, 09:52 PM

*****!!!!!!!!

ok youre way out there in fantasy land. There is no way in hell, in todays game, that we will have garland and buehrle, in 10 years. Be realistic.

Why not? How long have we had Frank? How long as Sosa been with the Cubs? Maybe not 10 years but a long time. Anyway, you missed my point entirely. Your original complaint was that it was unfair that the D-Backs used the 2 best pithcers they had as much as they could. They you changed it saying they used 2 pitchers that they bought. My point was what if a team has 2 home-grown dominant pitchers and they pitch 5 of 7 WS games. Which complaint will you use?